homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » All about the comics!   » Anime and all   » Howl's Moving Castle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Howl's Moving Castle
Fayted
Newbie Larva
Member # 4497

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 18:19      Profile for Fayted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone here get to see Howl' Moving Castle? I was going to, but, living in a tiny town in Wisconsin, I would have had to drive over 2 hours to get to a theater- which, being a complete otaku, I would have...if I had a car. *sigh*
Anyway, if anyone did see it, did you like it? How does it stack up against Miazaki's other stuff? (I love his movies ^-^) And does anyone know when it comes to dvd?

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 09:30      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which tiny town in Wisconsin? Former cheesehead here.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 14:39      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a thread on this a while ago, but it looks like it scrolled away.

I didn't like "Howl" as much as "Mononoke" or "Spirited Away" but it's still worth seeing. The ended left me saying "hmmmm... what just happened?" But it's far better than most of the stuff out there.

Look on the web for DVD information. Depending on which region your player conforms to, you might be able to get it now. A few sites claim to have it already (800 buy movies, Blasto! Toys, and 360 Comic) but make sure to check out region compatibility.

Also check out the Wallace & Gromit movie if you can.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture