homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » All about the comics!   » Anime and all   » My favorites listed and linked (Wikipedia)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My favorites listed and linked (Wikipedia)
satyr
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2005 12:42      Profile for satyr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to mention my favorite television series: South Park, Dilbert, Futurama and of course Simpsons.

And regarding science-fiction television shows my favorites are: Star Trek (naturally) and recently also the Babylon 5.

P.S., I also like various animes and stuff, but there are too many to list them here.

cheers, satyr

--------------------
Check out my personal computing-related website: http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com/ if you're interested in reading my articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules and such.

Posts: 31 | From: Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
orahiko
Newbie Larva
Member # 4406

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted September 25, 2005 13:00      Profile for orahiko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's always worth posting favorite anime....

--------------------
War, Pepper, and how they lived.

Posts: 5 | From: waste land | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 00:39      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many great anime it is hard to know where to begin orahiko. Perhaps we can get the ball rolling with some Miyazaki? (Haven't met a Miyazaki film I didn't like.)

Also like:
Ghost in the Shell (Movies and series), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gundam Wing, Fusigi Yuugi, Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, Lain, Bubblegum Crisis, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X, Berserk, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Samurai Shamploo, Ranma 1/2, Martian Successor Nadesico, Ah! My Goddess, and more.

I don't know if I can easily choose a favorite after seeing anime such as these. [Big Grin]

(Sorry, I didn't link any of the anime listed, they are well worth checking out and should not be too difficult to find however.)

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
satyr
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 11:46      Profile for satyr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow:
Ghost in the Shell (Movies and series)

++

regards, satyr

--------------------
Check out my personal computing-related website: http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com/ if you're interested in reading my articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules and such.

Posts: 31 | From: Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 21:42      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Simpsons, South Park, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Mad Tv (though the recent season is pretty crappy from what I see), and Drawn Together(a reality cartoon show [ohwell] ).

Edit: I forgot Crank Yankers and shows on the History, Animal, TLC and HGTV channels too!

/too lazy to add link for them

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
satyr
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2005 08:59      Profile for satyr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Matias. You subscribed to the Geek Culture forums just right after me (one "user" after, to be precise)

satyr

--------------------

Tomate
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 04:15      Profile for Tomate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Gundam Wing
Have u ever watched Gubdam Space Century?Way better than Wing, there is a REAL war, not a 5 gundam war.
ok. my favorites:
TV Series:
Simpsons,SNL,Futurama,Hermes & Renato (sheer nonsense Brazilian tv show)

Animes:
N.G. Evangelion
Gundam Space Century
Onegai Teacher
Golden Boy
Those who hunt elfs
Ghost in the Shell (OVA`s only)

Manga:
N.G Evangelion (the manga its way better than the TV series)
Vagabond: The best manga ever.

--------------------
Sorry for my English, i know it sux(sometimes)...

Posts: 10 | From: São Paulo (Brazil) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 04:22      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favorite TV Series':
Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy

Favorite Anime:
Ah! My Goddess
Yakitate! Japan (translated: "Fresh Baked Japan!" a.k.a. "The Bread Anime")

Favorite Non-Cartoon TV Series:
Star Trek: The Next Generation

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
orahiko
Newbie Larva
Member # 4406

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 18:11      Profile for orahiko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All that is Hayao Miyizaki..and Ninja Scroll? Real bout high school(manga)samurai champloo, fullmetal alchemist....yes, GUNDAM WING....cardcaptors sakura...

--------------------

i_need_a_pillow
Geek
Member # 2765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 18:54      Profile for i_need_a_pillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked FLCL; it was pretty crazy. I also like Evangelion, Eureka Seven, and Azumanga Daioh. (I know, I need to watch more...)

--------------------
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Posts: 104 | From: I'm here. Where else? | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 07:26      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miyazaki etc. - especially Totoro. (That's meant to be the smallest totoro on my avatar). [Smile]
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 18:12      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
satyr...I never noticed. [Big Grin] That is nice. I was brought here by another site. And I registered a day or two after.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
orahiko
Newbie Larva
Member # 4406

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 10:33      Profile for orahiko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen The Cat Returns? It's an earlier Miyizaki film. Not one of his best, but it's interesting since it shows his art development...and how it came to be the way it is now.

--------------------

tyler
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4477

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2005 11:13      Profile for tyler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My new favorite is Zach Bell. www.zatch-bell.com
Killer new series on Cartoon Network. there's suppose to be a new video game coming out for it next month sometime.

--------------------
Tyler Allen

Stormtalon
Mini Geek
Member # 1163

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2005 11:18      Profile for Stormtalon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New recommendation: Kakurenbo (Hide & Seek)

Just caught the halloween special showing on Cartoon Network this past saturday night. It may be only a half-hour long, but the atmosphere, characters and plot left me feeling totally creeped out for several hours afterwards. Very scary, in that good, subtly disturbing way. Not graphic, not explicit -- just deeply frightening.

Stormtalon

--------------------
Those who are easily offended should be.
And often.

WoW: The Crazy Ones

Posts: 73 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 11:59      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Full Metal Alchemist, and from what I've seen from Ranma 1/2, I find it very good. HEhehe, dancin' Panda....

Dilbert was hilarious. Still need to finish FMA and see more of Ranma though. The funny part is, I can't remember if I saw it dubbed or with subtitles (I prefer subtitles, ususally because they don't try to "Americanize" it).

What I have seen of Ghost in the Shell I like, but have only seen a couple of the episodes they have played on Cartoon Network. Kakurenbo sounds interesting, will have to look into that...

G-3PO
Geek
Member # 1851

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2005 17:41      Profile for G-3PO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. It's been a while since I last posted roundabout these parts.

Anywho:

RahXephon
FLCL
ATHF
Cowboy Beebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Great Teacher Onizuka

--------------------
For large values of one, one equals two, for small values of two.

Posts: 187 | From: Augusta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 09:11      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Family Guy rivals the Simpsons. Anyone who hasn't watched every Family Guy episode do yourself a favor and watch them.

Also check out Gunslinger Girls. An anime about young girls brainwashed into becoming assassins by the government. It is very good and makes you wonder who's morals are more correct.

I also recommend: Berserk, Gundam Seed, Tsukihime - Lunar Legend, and Elfen Lied.

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shinaku
Alpha Geek
Member # 2027

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 14:06      Profile for Shinaku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish we could get Adultswim o'er here, all I've seen is bits of Teen Aqua Hunger Force and Sealab 2021 (which I love) through various shoutcast TV stations.

As for anime:

Naruto
Neon Genesis Evangelion (the 5.1 platinum DVDs rule)
Full Metal Alchemist
Excel Saga
FLCL
Ghost in the Shell 1,2 and SAC
MSD
Azumanga Diaho

Just finished downloading the sub of naruto 160, anyone else sick of this filler series?

--------------------
^(^.^ )P~~~

Posts: 312 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 23:19      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shinaku:
I wish we could get Adultswim o'er here, all I've seen is bits of Teen Aqua Hunger Force and Sealab 2021 (which I love) through various shoutcast TV stations.

As for anime:

Naruto
Neon Genesis Evangelion (the 5.1 platinum DVDs rule)
Full Metal Alchemist
Excel Saga
FLCL
Ghost in the Shell 1,2 and SAC
MSD
Azumanga Diaho

Just finished downloading the sub of naruto 160, anyone else sick of this filler series?

Not sure if they are available to you but Aqua Teen and Sealab is on DVD as well.

As for Naruto I have about 140 eps. It is airing on cartoon network atm. I'm not sure if it has been licensed yet...but if Funimation grabs rights to it then there will be about 3 eps per DVD and about 60 DvD's...kinda like Dragonball Z. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
xStrangedayx
Geek Larva
Member # 4715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 07:47      Profile for xStrangedayx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gundam Wing ROCKS!anybody know where i can get the Gundam Wing make-yourself figures from?bear in mind that i'm in england,if you could PM me!ta! [Applause] xLiix

--------------------
xTairrie B.Is.Lovex

Posts: 23 | From: yorkshire,england | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shinaku
Alpha Geek
Member # 2027

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 18, 2005 04:27      Profile for Shinaku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorta resurecting a dead thread here, but what the heck.

You're from Yorkshire, right? There are two or three shops in Sheffield that sell plamos, pretty sure they'd sell them in the lanes at Meadowhall.

Posts: 312 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture