homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » Anime and all   » Aeon Flux

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aeon Flux
GeekGirl38
Geek Larva
Member # 3365

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 27, 2005 10:31      Profile for GeekGirl38   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey did anyone like the Aeon Flux cartoon from mtv, wasn't it back in about 95? i got a friend to burn the a few seasons onto a disk for me and watched them, he was obsessed with it, but now they've made a movie. that could be a good or bad thing, i thought it would be a pretty cool movie but some people think it might not turn out so good and capture the kind of wierdness that was aeon flux.
the lead role went to charlize theron.... she's good, but i would rather have had milla jovovich play her. cause milla is my hero [Big Grin]

(i'm attempting to post another picture, and everyone knows it never works for me...waaa)

-

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2005 12:26      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd tap that.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
BronzeG3
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2590

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 27, 2005 19:43      Profile for BronzeG3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remeber within the past 2 years that it was on MTV at about 3am or so. It was pretty good. I also agree with your character/actor choice. I think she would fit in perfect.
Posts: 44 | From: VTech | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2005 22:47      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were talking about making this movie back in the 90s. Not sure about a live-action version but at the time I thought Famke Janssen would have been a great choice.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GeekGirl38
Geek Larva
Member # 3365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 12:41      Profile for GeekGirl38   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea lots of other people i've talked to think famke would be awesome too, her or milla. and yea the aeon flux movie is coming out.... next year
http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Science_Fiction/Aeon_Flux
and hopefully resident evil like what now 3? heh, but i still wanna see that too.

Camem
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3437

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2005 03:14      Profile for Camem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question is, will Aeon talk in the live action movie?
Part of the charm of the original animation was that there was no actual speech.

Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2005 08:39      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Camem:
Question is, will Aeon talk in the live action movie?
Part of the charm of the original animation was that there was no actual speech.

I'm sure they will since the series gave her (and the other characters) a voice.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture