homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Another newbie...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another newbie...
deathweaver
Geek Larva
Member # 24253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2008 15:44      Profile for deathweaver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! I've been lurking around the forums for a while now, cross over from Slashdot. Finally joined up, hope to meet some cool people and all that. As for me, just a general computer geek here. Drop by to say hi!
Posts: 24 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2008 19:14      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, welcome...
Hope you like it here, we are quite the eclectic bunch! Coffee in the kitchen, and Grummy made brownies that are just de-lish!!!

Enjoy!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2008 09:20      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Hello

Hope you enjoy your stay here, just don't come to me for brownies, that was Grumpy..... [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2008 11:24      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome... and Grummash is wrong. I do cookies and disturbingly decorated cakes, but not brownies.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2008 12:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, deathweaver!

Hmm...I don't do terribly much baking, but I can pull off brownies if called upon. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
deathweaver
Geek Larva
Member # 24253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 10:10      Profile for deathweaver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee?! Totally got my attention now! Yes, huge coffee person, brownies are good, but I have to get my brain juice for functionality.
Posts: 24 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 21:20      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deathweaver:
Yes, huge coffee person, brownies are good, but I have to get my brain juice for functionality.

Then you are not baking the right kind of brownies.

Welcome.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 23:11      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can do brownies. I just don't have time... [crazy] I did make some lovely soup last night. Want some?

I can also do breads and cakes and cookies. Pie if someone else does the crust. Last time I tried to make my own pie crust I coated the entire kitchen in flour and butter. My boyfriend took pictures and sent them to his mother (who scolded him for being mean to me [Razz] ) and we've agreed that I'm not going to do that again.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 06:24      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG! You stole my line about the eclecticism of our motley crew!.. Not that I particularly care, mind, but what am I to say about us now?

Ah well... Welcome to the forum! I have to admit, I'm the one who baked the brownies. But, you should choose wisely between the two plates, for one is not equal to the other.

That is to say, one will make you want a lot more brownies and the other will just be rather tasty warmed up with some vanilla ice cream, or eaten with a glass of milk [Razz] [devil wand]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture