homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » hello!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hello!
Definitely Helen
Maximum Newbie
Member # 14084

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 11:49      Profile for Definitely Helen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everyone

*curtseys politely*

I'm Helen - definitely Helen, long-time lurker finally de-lurking, and I'm happy to be here.

I live in the UK and I work in IT support for an interior design company.
Old enough to know better but young enough not to care...
I <3 my elderly PowerBook - but I also speak Windows...
Just started reading Spook Country by Wm Gibson - better late than punctual, I guess...
Music - I'm flitting between 70s rock and 90s techno, hmm, that looks really weird now I write it down... [ohwell]

And chocolate is the seventh food group; it's an essential part of your daily diet! [Smile]

Posts: 17 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 05, 2008 12:04      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen, you are Definitely welcome here!

/me breaks out the secret stash of chocolate bars.

[Smile]

Posts: 8170 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 12:56      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, there may be a few less chocolate bars in that stash than you expect. [blush]

Welcome, Helen!

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 13:48      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Def. [Smile]

I've been a bit lax recently welcoming new faces, but I am trying to remember my manners. [Wink]

The standard welcome at present involves a brief mention of the following:
1) Grammar-Nazis patrol occasionally
2) a couple of forum members have (probably undeserved) dodgy reputations, so beware
3) There is at least one fully paid-up troll/ flamer in residence so, again keep an eye out.
4) The cosmic bong is on its way round and will reach you in time

Other than that, pull up a comfy chair and dive into whichever debates take your fancy.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 17:36      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely Helen – Welcome!

Now, about that '70s rock, are we talking Queen, Floyd, Stix, all of the above? As for '90s techno, what's your pleasure? And speaking of '90s, what, no grunge? [Big Grin]

Now that I've gotten the musical 20 questions aside, everything Grummash said is correct. As for the chocolate, I believe it actually comprises all food groups. Let's see, it starts off as a bean, so we have vegetables down, there's milk, sugar (is sugar cane a fruit?). Hmmm, missing meat. What say you to chocolate sausage? [Eek!]

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 18:26      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Lady.

Nice name. [Wink]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 18:36      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, welcome!!!

Always nice to have another lady here!!! We women...we got to stick together!!!

If Cap'N offers you anything to drink...Restrain!!! Ohh, the brownies may look yummy, but they are tainted as well. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Have fun!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 22:27      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Helen. [Smile]

You love chocolate, we shall get along famously!

Grummash, we have a cosmic bong? Why was I not informed?...

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 23:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, dear Helen.

/me finds an appropriately named folder of mp3s and plays a "Memento." [Razz]

Hope things are fine by you... (and don't ask how things are here! [Razz] )

Cheers,

dragon

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
davor
Mini Geek
Member # 3073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 02:26      Profile for davor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forum Helen.

--------------------
Davor

http://davortech.wordpress.com

Posts: 51 | From: europe | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 06, 2008 05:09      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That site is too cool, Dman.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 09:18      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Christy:
Grummash, we have a cosmic bong? Why was I not informed?...

Lady_Christy - sorry! ....but you kinda looked like you were familiar with the cosmic bong already!! [evil] [Wink]

Anyway - to correct my omission - this is what you should see coming round very soon:

-

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 16:57      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what happened to the pic of the *original* cosmic bong? That's the "all natural, organic" cosmic bong that Grummash has.

*hits the bong*

*passes it on to the next poster*

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2008 10:23      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________ MacManKrisK I did not understand a word that the white knight said. and right after you the cattapiller took a hit. Yeah where is the glass one, or did someone Al Gore our Bong? I'll almost bet an old fart dropped it and then went out and bought that green one.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2008 19:16      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Does anyone know what happened to the pic of the *original* cosmic bong? That's the "all natural, organic" cosmic bong that Grummash has.

*hits the bong*

*passes it on to the next poster*

I suspect somebody is bogarting.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2008 03:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________________ It appears that GMx knows what happened to the first one.

http://www.geekculture.com/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=001864

Guess I will have to go shopping.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture