homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » How do you do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you do?
londonmacgeek
Newbie Larva
Member # 10038

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted August 06, 2007 18:26      Profile for londonmacgeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone on GC.

I guess i should start by saying that I'm a mac geek (yes, another mac geek) having said that i put my geekdom to good use, I work at an authorized reseller in Kensington, London reparing macs.
I would love to boast about all of my techie goodies, but i own only a humble powermac G3 400MHz, OS 10.3.9 with a CRT studio display.
I love to immerse myself in the culture here in lodon, most days off you can find me in camden or portobello.
I'm rather an activist on climate change, recently at my collage I gave a series of talks (including a keynote presentation) on carbon footprints.
Can't wait to get posting into GC, hope i'm accepted here.

Oscar.

--------------------
I have a blue and white powermac G3... WHAT, like you're so special?

Posts: 8 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 19:05      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG I just notiched that we have over 10 000 members.

Welcome to the forums.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 20:14      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC. If we run low on coffee don't forget to make more.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 06:15      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:

Welcome to the forums.

and like... FIFTY that post regularly. [Confused]
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 07:12      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
quote:

Welcome to the forums.

Yeah I know - In a little over a year since I joined we've had about 5000 people join but I know for sure I've never met even half of these people on these forums. I guess when something on here gets digged or put on another site there is a sudden increase in registered people.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 09:28      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking the biggest membership surges happen when a giveaway is announced.

Oh, well, the good news is the fifty active posters are generally quality posters. Well, except for me of course. I tend to just fly in, make a snarky comment, and leave. Like a tree. After I eat and shoot.

Edit: Duh. Welcome, londonmacgeek. If some guy approaches you and asks if you've seen any painful music videos on YouTube lately, just walk the other way. Quickly.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 09:40      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look thru the directory about 3/4 have never made a post and of the people that have made a post another 3/4 have made under 10 posts.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 09:45      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
If you look thru the directory about 3/4 have never made a post and of the people that have made a post another 3/4 have made under 10 posts.

And 3/4 of those are troll posts. Even they don't stay long enough. Luckily we've snagged at least one permatroll. At least it keeps things cozy here

As for londonmacgeek (I'm gonna call you LMG), welcome aboard, I hope you stay a while (or forever, as such things go). Cheers!

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 10:42      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
quote:

Welcome to the forums.

... including a few that post too regularly. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 10:48      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you insinuating that I post too much?
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 10:53      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely not. Spungo was just letting us know that he gets plenty of virtual fiber. [evil]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 11:07      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Absolutely not. Spungo was just letting us know that he gets plenty of virtual fiber. [evil]

Yeah, what she said.

(Actually, I was referring to my own sad-bastard-really-should-get-himself-a-life-if-only-real-women-weren't-so-scary-he-might-even-one-day-have-the-guts-not-to-run-screaming-and-terrified-whenever-one-says-'hello'-to -him kinda post count . [Smile] )

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 12:25      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Couldn't find the old one...

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 17:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that garlicguy was trying to find a link to the Cosmic Bong. I couldn't find the /original/ cosmic bong, but I found GMx's All-Natural Cosmic Bong. Anyway, feel free to partake of the cosmic herbs contained within.

-

Oh yeah.. uhm... welcome to the forums... I almost forgot... [crazy]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 19:47      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, well, the good news is the fifty active posters are generally quality posters. Well, except for me of course. I tend to just fly in, make a snarky comment, and leave. I do that all the time. What's wrong with that?

Like a tree. After I eat and shoot. My wife prefers it in that order.

I believe that garlicguy was trying to find a link to the Cosmic Bong. I couldn't find the /original/ cosmic bong, but I found GMx's All-Natural Cosmic Bong. Anyway, feel free to partake of the cosmic herbs contained within. In college I built what was probably the harshest bong ever made. A sane person would rather eat the still smoldering roach than take a hit off that thing. But 18 year olds are rarely sane.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2007 03:28      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y helo thar.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted August 08, 2007 12:37      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi londonmacgeek!
Hope you enjoy the forums, I'm starting to fade out here since I moved and I lack of neither a computer or free internet access at the moment. I hope I could solve this soon.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
londonmacgeek
Newbie Larva
Member # 10038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 17:12      Profile for londonmacgeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a very similar problem, I use the wi-fi signal from the starbucks across the road. Its flakey at best.
I suppose that the time differences between here and the US will make it difficult to contribute to fast convorsations, but I'll do my best. I can't post during the day either, because I'm at work. I definatley intend to stay committed to posting regularly though.

--------------------
I have a blue and white powermac G3... WHAT, like you're so special?

Posts: 8 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 23:52      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey LMG, welcome! If you see anyone getting into on the boards just run for the hills while you still can.

Oh and coffee is over on the stove. [Wink]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 12:34      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey LMG. I'm an LMG too. [Smile] (But only in term time).
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture