homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Heya

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heya
whoson1st
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9661

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted July 13, 2007 19:53      Profile for whoson1st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to stop by here and introduce myself before diving into the fray.

A few things about me...I'm an avid fan of old comedy (hence the nickname). I like very nearly every type of music with the exceptions of hip-hop/rap and techno..some of my favorite artists are Simon and Garfunkle, The Shins, John Butler Trio, They Might be Giants, and James Taylor. I write my own music as well. Erm...I'm a big fan of sci-fi/fantasy novels, namely ones by Terry Pratchett, but I read pretty much everything I can get my hands on.

I'm also REALLY bad at talking about myself, if that wasn't already glaringly obvious. Anything you want to know about me, feel free to ask, and I look forward to chatting with all of you!

--------------------
Honesty is the best policy...but insanity is a far better defense.

Posts: 10 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2007 20:43      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums - don't have much to say except I hope you enjoy it here.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2007 20:45      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Who,

Welcome to GC.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 13, 2007 20:57      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, welcome to the forums [Smile]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2007 21:45      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!!

Cool myspace page [Smile]
I'm sure you'll fit right in here!

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fuego
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9102

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2007 04:28      Profile for Fuego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums!
Posts: 15 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2007 10:06      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoson1st wrote:

Welcome to the forums. I suggest wading rather than diving in because some days this place is at the shallow end of the pool.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2007 14:43      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
whoson1st wrote:

Welcome to the forums. I suggest wading rather than diving in because some days this place is at the shallow end of the pool.

Are you reffering to me?

Welcome to the forums, if the coffee gets low don't forget to make more. Mmmmmmm.......Coffee

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
whoson1st
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2007 19:23      Profile for whoson1st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:

Welcome to the forums, if the coffee gets low don't forget to make more. Mmmmmmm.......Coffee

Are you kidding? Coffee is a staple...ever tried brewing it in Mountain Dew? That'll keep you up...

--------------------

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 01:30      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by whoson1st:
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:

Are you kidding? Coffee is a staple...ever tried brewing it in Mountain Dew? That'll keep you up...
Ew. That's revolting. Coffee should not be assaulted by FD&C yellow #6 and diabetes-in-a-can amounts of high fructose corn syrup! What is wrong with you??? Stay AWAY from the coffee maker.

Do they still make/distribute the caffeinated waters in the U.S.?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 06:04      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
...Coffee should not be assaulted by FD&C yellow #6 and diabetes-in-a-can amounts of high fructose corn syrup! What is wrong with you??? Stay AWAY from the coffee maker.

Do they still make/distribute the caffeinated waters in the U.S.?

I agree. No soda should be filtered through a coffee pot. It makes the soda flat and the sugar gums up the coffee pot. A lose lose situation.

I have never tried the caffeinated water, but they are still selling it.

I can't remember if it came out after you crossed the Atlantic, but the soda companies are making versions that are supposedly even more highly laced in sugar and caffeine than what they sell normally. I tried the one that Mtn. Dew came out with. Too much like one of those Monster drinks for me to actually enjoy.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
whoson1st
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 14:15      Profile for whoson1st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, okay...you're right, I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I'll stick to just running Water Joe, and keep the soda out of it. [Smile]

--------------------

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2007 23:29      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

Cupcakes are over there *points*, cookies to your right *points again* and if you brake anything you buy it. [Razz]

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
DozeyGeekette
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 07:27      Profile for DozeyGeekette   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there! I'm a total newbie too!

--------------------
Confused but happy.
My Geeky Journey:- http://dozeygeekette.wordpress.com

Posts: 11 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture