homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Newbie saying Howdy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie saying Howdy
Fuego
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9102

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted June 16, 2007 10:35      Profile for Fuego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I'm Dom, 16, from London (the proper English one, not the Canadian knock-off [Smile] ). I'm into a lot of the "standard" nerdy/geeky things, anime, comics, video games, sci-fi & fantasy films/books. Also very much into music, ranging from metal to dance music, and pretty much everything in between, and I play bass guitar in a band with some friends. I've recently also become a bit of a philosophy and history geek, and I'm sure to end up taking one or the other of them to university.

Guess that's about it for now.

Posts: 15 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 16, 2007 10:56      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Fuego , welcome!

bass guitar... cool!

Posts: 8170 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 16, 2007 10:58      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Fuego! It's good the GC youth are taking over the GC forums [Smile]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2007 18:56      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

I presume that you play rock or alternative but I could be wrong. What's your specialty?

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2007 19:56      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome . . .

Welcome, person whose future is ahead of you! (*muttermutterreadmybook*) Looking forward to seeing more posts and dive in, have fun, and fling your personality all over. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 02:19      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Fuego, welcome to GC.

(Jess, put the link back in your sig. [Big Grin] )

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fuego
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9102

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 03:35      Profile for Fuego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tominfla:
Welcome!

I presume that you play rock or alternative but I could be wrong. What's your specialty?

Yeah, mainly rock/alternative stuff. Though the guitarist and I recently decided we actually quite like synthesizers, and are looking into going slightly more electronic-y.
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 06:05      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dom - another youth - yay we are slowly taking over

What games do you play?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fuego
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9102

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 06:17      Profile for Fuego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I'm mainly waiting for the big Wii games to come out later this year, though I've been replaying a lot of my Gamecube games, like both Metroid Primes. Other than that, considering getting an Xbox 360 when I have some more money, and waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and with it Team Fortress 2, which looks pretty good.
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 17, 2007 12:35      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Synths!
Behold, New Wave is returning!
The prophecy will be accomplished in September!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 13:52      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
London? Isn't that the new upstart suburban area near Birmingham?

Whichever...Howdy Fuego. Welcome to GC Forums.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
[..Eternal-Lullaby..]
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8957

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted June 17, 2007 16:06      Profile for [..Eternal-Lullaby..]   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fuego:
Right now I'm mainly waiting for the big Wii games to come out later this year, though I've been replaying a lot of my Gamecube games, like both Metroid Primes. Other than that, considering getting an Xbox 360 when I have some more money, and waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and with it Team Fortress 2, which looks pretty good.

Yay welcome to the forums, I'm 16 too [Big Grin]

When/If you get a 360 ( I have one myself as well as a PS3 ) You HAVE to get Gears of War, I'm addicted to it. I've completed it 4 times now, and still want more! Anyway haha, enjoy yourself and indulge in every conversation possible [Big Grin]

Oh and you wouldn't happen to need a vocalist for your band would you...(and of course be willing to move to my town? ) Thought not, you'll have to put a link up to some demo's sometime so we can hear the band [Big Grin]

Have fun!

Posts: 18 | From: Ellesmere Port | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Fuego
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9102

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 10:16      Profile for Fuego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by [..Eternal-Lullaby..]:
quote:

When/If you get a 360 ( I have one myself as well as a PS3 ) You HAVE to get Gears of War, I'm addicted to it. I've completed it 4 times now, and still want more! Anyway haha, enjoy yourself and indulge in every conversation possible [Big Grin]

Oh and you wouldn't happen to need a vocalist for your band would you...(and of course be willing to move to my town? ) Thought not, you'll have to put a link up to some demo's sometime so we can hear the band [Big Grin]

Have fun!

Definitely planning to get Gears of War, that's actually a big part of the motivation to finally get a 360. Heard a lot of good stuff about it.

And bizarrely, we are actually temporarily between singers right now. Our previous singer was forced to leave by her parents, so right now we just have our keyboardist filling in. Though a quick google of Ellesmere Port reveals that you're actually quite far away, and I currently have no particular plans to move to Cheshire, unfortunately... [Razz]

WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 11:27      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gears is a lot of fun - I have a 360 myself.

My big addiction is Oblivion though, followed closely by Fable [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 17:18      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and with it Team Fortress 2, which looks pretty good.

Portal's the one I'm looking forward to. I only just completed Episode 1. (Then played through it again with the commentary).
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
[..Eternal-Lullaby..]
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 04:37      Profile for [..Eternal-Lullaby..]   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by [..Eternal-Lullaby..]:
quote:

Have fun!

Definitely planning to get Gears of War, that's actually a big part of the motivation to finally get a 360. Heard a lot of good stuff about it.

And bizarrely, we are actually temporarily between singers right now. Our previous singer was forced to leave by her parents, so right now we just have our keyboardist filling in. Though a quick google of Ellesmere Port reveals that you're actually quite far away, and I currently have no particular plans to move to Cheshire, unfortunately... [Razz]

Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it Darn it

Think I need to move to an area where there are bands then. There's none around here [Frown] .

You'll have to give me your online add for the 360 when you get it and we can play online. Of course I would kick your botty on Gears [Big Grin]

Posts: 18 | From: Ellesmere Port | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Fuego
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9102

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 10:18      Profile for Fuego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, in North London, the problem is too many bands, not enough singers & drummers. They always seem to be in high demand, though thankfully we're sorted for a drummer at least...

And I very nearly got a 360 today. A guy at school is buying an Elite soon, and was selling his Premium for £100, but one of my friends got there first, annoyingly. Unlikely to find another one that cheap any time soon.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture