homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Not Geeky Enough

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not Geeky Enough
Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 09:24      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been recommended to me that I introduce myself. Well, here it goes I suppose. I am a 22 year old student living in the "Great State of Virginia" (for lack of a better term). I do amazingly huge amounts of theater related activities including (but not limited to) acting, directing, stage managing and generally goofing off. I also work in retail selling shoes (just the most EXCITING life ever) and waiting tables at a nearby eating establishment. I have a 3 year old son who is absolutely adorable (and I'm not just saying that cause he's mine.....he really is adorable). I enjoy cooking, sewing, singing, acting, dancing and computers. I am not really a geek but I sometimes frequent the geek world. I know a little bit about a lot of things, including the geeky things (DnD, Manga, video games, comics, computers, Magic the Gathering, etc.) but I must confess I am not hardcore into much of it. I can't pull a computer apart and put it back together again, nor could I create an entire DnD sheet from scratch. I do enjoy video games (though I suck at most of them) but I play more DDR and Para Para than anything else (and if you've even heard of Para Para, then I applaud you). I am, admittedly, a bit of a Trekky and love sci-fi for the most part. I am here to generally socialize with said geeky people because, in my experience, they tend to be some of the nicer human beings that I've met. That is all.
Posts: 33 | From: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 09:30      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hai2u and welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 09:32      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost1soul wrote:
I must confess I am not hardcore into much of it. I can't pull a computer apart and put it back together again, nor could I create an entire DnD sheet from scratch.

So... you're saying you have a life. [Smile]

Welcome to the GC forums.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 11, 2007 09:48      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to meet you, Lost1soul, is nice know there's a performer around the forums, I'm member of my uni's theatre group right now, though I'm moving to the capital and I have to leave them. But I may be joining the new university one anyway.

DDR and ParaPara? I [hearts] them, but Bucaramanga lacks of good machines, there are about 6 Supernovas in Bogota, yay! most of them upgraded.
I have to confess I've never have played ParaPara, but it seems quite cool.

Whatever, welcome to the forums!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 09:59      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, L1S (see, there's a way to have your name sound very geeky!), and welcome. As you have been a bit around before your formal introduction, I assume you know where the kitchen is and what you can find in it. If something is missing, feel free to ask... or just bring some with you! (In reasonable quantities so to share with your fellow GCers, of course.)

I must admit I share many of your interests. And don't worry if you are not a hard core geek, it is not a prerequisite in any way, so I'm sure you'll get very comfortable around soon.

Enjoy your stay!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 10:17      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Lost.

One of these I would like to spend a few days wandering about VA again. Lovely country, green stuff is fascinating after spending a decade or so in a desert.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2472 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 16:45      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Lost!  - Welcome to GC Forums. Have fun! Sign up for Kingdom of Loathing (online adventure game) and then join the clan, eh?

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 17:09      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - welcome to the forums - you can have the moldy bagel in the back of the fridge but while you are in there please make a new pot of coffee because i'm dieying of thirst and cafeine.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 17:29      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! [Big Grin]

Or how about World of Warcraft? That way you can have no life, like me LOL.

I am geeky in some ways but I am not very geeky in others so don't worry about the "geek factor". Just have fun!

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 17:44      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iWanToUseaMac:
Nice to meet you, Lost1soul, is nice know there's a performer around the forums, I'm member of my uni's theatre group right now, though I'm moving to the capital and I have to leave them. But I may be joining the new university one anyway.

DDR and ParaPara? I [hearts] them, but Bucaramanga lacks of good machines, there are about 6 Supernovas in Bogota, yay! most of them upgraded.
I have to confess I've never have played ParaPara, but it seems quite cool.

Whatever, welcome to the forums!

They only have one ParaPara machine in the entire state of Virginia so that does kind of suck. Do you act? Theater is just awesome goodness for me. I suck at DDR but I do enjoy playing nonetheless
Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 17:46      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tominfla:
Welcome! [Big Grin]

Or how about World of Warcraft? That way you can have no life, like me LOL.

I am geeky in some ways but I am not very geeky in others so don't worry about the "geek factor". Just have fun!

Oh! You know, I forgot about that. I do play Warcrack from time to time. I guess I am a bit more geeky than I realized. Though, I do make sure I eat and shower and things.
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 18:25      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eat and shower and things, lol. [Big Grin] I'm not a geek at all, so you're still way ahead of me, Lost1Soul. I always liked geeks though, and hoped to pick up a few things by coming here, and I have. Though I must say, much of the computer stuff just makes my head spin. [crazy]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 00:02      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd welcome you, but I'm too busy attempting to figure out how to spell those sounds socially challenged persons make when they're happy to meet someone. Um, just close your eyes and imagine a friendly confrontation with a chimpanzee with long, beautiful hair and rock-star good looks and absolutely no vocabulary. It'll be just like an actual Spastic greeting.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 00:59      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are into the mmorpg type thing, you are welcome to join our Kingdom of Loathing clan GCC if you play.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture