homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Got another new guy here (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Got another new guy here
Peyton
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4780

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 21:28      Profile for Peyton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I came to this forum (like everyone else) to talk with some nerds, geeks, and dorks. I will be sure to go to the other topics when I can, most likely the DnD posts. Partly to get advice, my players group has an old dead guy, a wizard who thinks he's a sorcerer, a mighty warrior with negative intelligence whos only wonderous item is a bib to stop the drool, a girl who is so afraid of our geekiness that she is just panicking most of the time, and a rogue whos bluff is so high he just told the enemies he wasn't there, and suceeded. Please excuse the unoriginal name, I had my user and public fields mixed up. Go ahead and laugh but I still have the batmo- what, they've repossesed the batmobile?! This is the forest imps doing...

--------------------
HA! Thats so funny I forgot to laugh...excluding the first ha.

Posts: 2 | From: the basement | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 21:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Geek Culture. I don't play RPGs, but I know some folks around here do. Pull up a chair, pour a cup of coffee.. take a hit on the Cosmic Bong (if you can find it... I forgot where I left it again) and hang loose, man. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 01:38      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC, have fun! [Smile]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lenin
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 03:08      Profile for Lenin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just here because they told me i'd get to talk to nerdy horny chicks.
Posts: 10 | From: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Peyton
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4780

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 05:44      Profile for Peyton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes thanks to everyone, I might have been worried that I would get a few sour replies, but you are all very inviting and...whoa, I think I found iiit.

--------------------
HA! Thats so funny I forgot to laugh...excluding the first ha.

Posts: 2 | From: the basement | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 07:07      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lenin:

Who told you that? I think what they meant to say was drunken middle aged naked guys.

Sorry.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 13:20      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by Lenin:

Who told you that? I think what they meant to say was drunken middle aged naked guys.

Sorry.

Hey, who you calling me middle aged? I mean... Um. Never mind. Move on, nothing to see here [Cool]

Anyway, welcome, Peyton.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 17:48      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the place, Peyton

drunkennewfiemidget wrote:

I'll have you know I'm completely sober....

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 23:18      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just came here to talk to drunken middle aged naked guys.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 06:25      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be a middle aged guy, but I am never drunk and naked (and at the computer [Wink] ) at the same time.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 11:32      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Peyton,

I recently played a game of 'Fluffies' DnD at a con. In case your not familiar with the term, it's where you play animal PC's.

I played a vulture cleric. I had a difficult time deciding if I wanted to heal the other PC's or let them die so I could eat them... It was quite amusing.

Posts: 49 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 15:11      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
I may be a middle aged guy, but I am never drunk and naked (and at the computer [Wink] ) at the same time.

I've been drunk and naked at the computer (at the same time even) but I'm not a middle aged guy. [Frown]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 17:45      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FireSnake:
I've been drunk and naked at the computer (at the same time even) but I'm not a middle aged guy. [Frown]

Between that and your skill set, I think you'll find that you're quite well liked none the less

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 18:17      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
FireSnake:

Between that and your skill set, I think you'll find that you're quite well liked none the less

Problem solving always makes one popular.

--------------------

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:16      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
FireSnake:

Problem solving always makes one popular.
Yes, nothing's more sexy than a girl who can solve large logic grids in five minutes.
Oh, and the drunken naked computer use also helps.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 20:49      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misinterperated post deleted.

--------------------
Ugh!

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 21:21      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me edits post significantly out of momentary kindness.

Ugh...you might want to seriously reconsider your words - they really were not becoming to you, and were quite a bit rude to my friend, firesnake. I don't take kindly to insulting words thrown at my friends.

Thanks for your future exhibit of ahem, decency.

Cheers,
dragon

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 07:54      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dman (and firesnake), I meant no insult. I was playing off the sub-conversation going on in the "top 100 things you don't know" thread.

From other posts you've made I get a sense I irritate you in general. Not sure what I did, and I'm not gonna beg you to like me, but if you've got a beef with me from the few real posts I've made then PM me and get it off your chest.

--------------------
Ugh!

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 09:15      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, I don't think it's that Dman doesn't like you. (At least he's never said so to me.) He's just clear and to-the-point when he expresses an opinion. You can pretty much take what he says at face value.

--------------------

Mander
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4816

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2006 10:06      Profile for Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[kinder, gentler post]

Or is that much too brazen for my, um, fifth post?

--------------------
Roses are #ff0000, violets are #0000ff; all my base are belong to you.

Posts: 34 | From: Upstate New York | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2006 10:13      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mander:
<--nerdy horny chick

Or is that much too brazen for my, um, fifth post?

Oh, oh... I have an uneasy feeling about this....

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mander
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4816

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2006 10:42      Profile for Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. No "delete" button.

Dang me.

/me throws sheet over that post

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2006 12:26      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sheet! Anything but that!

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mander
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4816

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2006 19:18      Profile for Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could just let it fade into obscurity, or I could attempt to cover it with something else.... compost, or a standard, or maybe some makeup (I'm getting a mental vision of Bugs Bunny dressed up like a female rabbit, the blonde wig à la Greta Garbo, the fake eyelashes and the lipstick...)

We all think dressing animals up like peoples is funny, yes?

/hopeful

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2006 10:05      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could maybe edit the post to read "Wordy horned chicken." I bet no one would be able to tell it had been modified [Wink]

--------------------
Ugh!

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture