homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Follow-on Game: Question & Answer (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Follow-on Game: Question & Answer
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2005 12:33      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much what I am doing now, being a student [Smile]

And following on, if you could go back to university/change your course/etc, what would you study? Purely for interests sake?

Posts: 1151 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 13:01      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly, no idea. I guess I'd take the time to talk to a carrer counsellor and do a thourough exploration of my possibilities. Too many interesting things to explore, but only a few I could build a career on. Don't take me wrong, I like programming a lot, but I feel like I'm missing so many wonderful opportunities...

So, what are you doing now? Or more explicitely, what were you doing before coming to get your dose of GC?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 13:54      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching University Challenge (aka College Bowl).

What was the last thing you ate?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 14:57      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
Watching University Challenge (aka College Bowl).

What was the last thing you ate?

Some factory rejected Russel Stover's.

What was the last thing you drank?

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 15:21      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In terms of any liquid, water. In terms of alcohol, some brandied egg-nog a couple of nights ago.

What did you love to do as a child that you wish were ok to do as a grownup?

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 15:28      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Climb trees.

I suppose I still could but I'd probably brak the tree if I didn't get my ass in a whole lot of trouble first.

What's the funnest thing in the world to break?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 15:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wind.

If you could be any TV character for a day, who would it be?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 19:30      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder Woman
Golden Lasso: $12.95
Flight to Washington D.C.: $250
The results being broadcast on national TV: Priceless*

What was the last thing that made you laugh so hard that you were in tears?

*value includes both the value of truth and the comedic value of my hairy buttocks hanging out of the blue spandex hot pants

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 19:33      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucy from I Love Lucy.

When was the last time you sat and watched a sunset?

Posts: 766 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 20:22      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About a month ago. Except by sitting I mean on a motorcycle. [Smile]

When was the last time you truly felt like a kid?

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2472 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 20:25      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturday at the England-Argentina game, reminded me of going to a football match with my father when I was a lot younger.

Do you play any Online games?

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
niniel
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4430

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 12:50      Profile for niniel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just begun ^^ a german browser game I don't really understand, specially because I don't speak german ;D

What is the last _truly_ interesting thing you did?

--------------------
Uno no está listo para vivir si no está listo para morir.
_,_,·~

Posts: 47 | From: Honduras | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 13:41      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moved across the province.

Have you ever farted somewhere incredibly public and not owned up to it? Even if there was a large group that noticed it? How did you react?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
imageek
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 02:38      Profile for imageek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, many times. Flatulence is in my blood! Mostly not deliberate though.

What is your favourite country (that you have visited)?

Posts: 2 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 04:22      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by imageek:
Yes, many times. Flatulence is in my blood! Mostly not deliberate though.

What is your favourite country (that you have visited)?

Germany

What is your favorite city that you have visited, or would like to?

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 05:08      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favorite I have visited is Toronto. Not that I've been to many big cities, but I liked it much more than NYC, San Diego, LA and DC.

Cities I would like to go to are mostly in Europe and have a lot of "old world" architecture to drink in.

What is your greatest fear?

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1758 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 05:13      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
Not that I've been to many big cities, but I liked it much more than NYC, San Diego, LA and DC.

?????????

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 08:01      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChildeRoland:
quote:
Not that I've been to many big cities, but I liked it much more than NYC, San Diego, LA and DC.

?????????
Um. Apparently I'm as confused as you now. Do you take issue with my calling Toronto a "big" city? It's certainly larger than the city I grew up in (pop. 18k) or the one I live outside now (Ithaca, pop. maybe 80k when the students are here). Or maybe you can't believe I like Toronto more than the other cities I listed.

By the way, by "LA" I meant "Los Angeles", not "Louisiana".

--------------------
Ugh!

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 08:31      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ChildeRoland:
quote:

?????????
Um. Apparently I'm as confused as you now. Do you take issue with my calling Toronto a "big" city? It's certainly larger than the city I grew up in (pop. 18k) or the one I live outside now (Ithaca, pop. maybe 80k when the students are here). Or maybe you can't believe I like Toronto more than the other cities I listed.

By the way, by "LA" I meant "Los Angeles", not "Louisiana".

I think the reference was to you saying you'd never been to many big cities, and then said you liked it better than LA, San Diego, DC, and NYC -- all big cities.
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 09:34      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. It's all relative I guess. I was thinking in the grand scheme, having never left North America.

Anyhoo, as a refresher, my follow-on question was "What is your greatest fear?"

--------------------
Ugh!

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 09:53      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dying.

On a related note, is my question.

You've just been told you have 2 months to live (a la My Life Without Me) -- what are the top 3 things on your list to do before your time is up?

YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 10:39      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Make sure my kids will be properly cared for and loved.

2. Mend everything with friends and loved ones.

3. Travel all over the world on the biggest barcrawl/restaurant hop ever and visit everyone I know.

If you could afford it, would you hire a maid/nanny or would you still do it yourself?

Posts: 766 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 20:41      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kids and I live in an apartment, so I'd stick with doing it myself.

How do you eat your cornbread?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 21:20      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With butter and honey and as a side dish to chili if that is an option.

What would you do for a Klondike bar? [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 23, 2005 06:23      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing. I hate those damned things.

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture