homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Follow-on Game: Question & Answer (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Follow-on Game: Question & Answer
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 06:11      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Commodore 64. No seriously.

If you could meet any person ever, dead or alive, who would you meet?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 08:08      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to meet Bette Midler, she's a great entertainer.

What activity do you engage in that you like, but aren't proud of or feel uncomfortable to tell others?

Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 09:28      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I indulge in the occasional alcoholic beverage. Around here (evangelical college) that's looked down upon, and could even get me into a bit of trouble.

Which way does the water swirl in your toilet?

--------------------
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
metagnat
Newbie Larva
Member # 4500

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 11:06      Profile for metagnat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm told it swirls clockwise, but I don't usually stay to watch.

Do you care what your government officials do in their spare time?

--------------------
-Ericka
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life,when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."
-Charles Kingsley

Posts: 9 | From: Somerville, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 11:53      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the words of Victor Hugo: I don't mind what Congress does, as long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses.

What was the last really stupid thing you bought?

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 13:14      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hair..... [Frown]

are you content?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 16:34      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you believe the Quinian ideology that existence is nothing more than fulfilling the value of a variable, then yes, I am the content of a variable.

And I'm also content in the other way, too. At least a little.

Do you knowingly wear dirty socks instead of doing laundry regularly? Come on... come on... fess up...

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 16:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No...I probably have about 2 weeks worth of socks, though. =P The odds are far greater that I'll run out of any other form of clean clothes before I run out of socks - therefore I try and do laundry once a week or so. [Smile]

Long hair, or short?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 18:16      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter as long as it is CLean and well cared for.

Do you prefer artificial christmas trees, or fresh?

Posts: 766 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 18:24      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
I probably have about 2 weeks worth of socks, though.

= guy talk for 3 pairs... ba dum bump

Back to the thread:

Artificial made from recycled anything.

Public figure (Edit:Dead or Alive) you most admire & why?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 23:28      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sen. John Mccain. A quiet, contained yet effective politician that knows the meaning of the word endure.

If it were possible, which would you prefer: to fly, or turn invisible?

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 00:01      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reminded of the spell that Lucy used when she and her siblings were on the island of the one-legged men (blast! their name escapes my memory). She eavesdropped on her classmates' conversation and was hurt as a result of it. Aslan chided her for doing that. So yeah, I don't think I'd want to be invisible. I'd rather fly, that way I could save money on gas and possibly get places faster.

Do you like rap music?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2005 03:06      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, NO!
But I like 1 out of 100-- some are good.

Did you ever give a house guest you don't like knowingly a dirty glass to drink out of, or anything that you wouldn't like to use yourself?

Thomas

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2005 01:04      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewww. Not only is that gross but it is extremely rude too. Nope, haven't done that.

Have you ever called your S/O the wrong name?

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2005 06:09      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha. no.

Are there any television shows you like/watch religiously that you're afraid to admit to your friends for fear of ridicule?

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2005 09:13      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It happened a couple of times in my life, but presently, no. Nothing shamefull in liking the Simpsons, Futurama or Stargate, I'd say.

Which song/tune impressed you so much the first time you heard it you knew you had to buy it? (And that you still like now, if possible.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2005 09:38      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rain Dance, by Karl Jenkins. I first heard it on the Apple Video about the first PowerBook G4, and knew that I had to have both the song and the computer. I finally have both, although finding the song was a three-year struggle.

Have you ever broken something that belonged to someone else, and not confessed to them about it?

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 05:25      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:

Have you ever broken something that belonged to someone else, and not confessed to them about it?

Yes.

If you could go on one vacation for free to wherever you wanted to, where would you go and what would you do?

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 08:46      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChildeRoland:
If you could go on one vacation for free to wherever you wanted to, where would you go and what would you do?

I would go to the Antartic with a load of nuclear waste - just to piss off all the green, yoghurt-weaving, muesli-munching, stinking, hippy bastards in this world.

If everyone was allowed - with total immunity - one murder in their lifetime, who would you bump-off?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 09:07      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary Rhodes, poncy cook and 'wacky' haired tosspot.

Of course, this idea would make celebrity redundant, as whenever fame arises, someone would hate the celeb, and use their murder to kill them.

What is the most effective punishment for teenagers?

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 09:19      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
What is the most effective punishment for teenagers?

Take away their feckin' ringtones... bastards.

Have you ever instigated a riot just so you could film it up close and sell your footage to CNN?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 10:02      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but I joined a manifestation once just to get the feeling of what it is like, and a hope to sketch it. [crazy] Unfortunately, once it started marching, I couldn't find a way out, so I never had an overall view of it.

What would make a day perfect?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 13:47      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A person you love to share it with, and having the much fun of Mis-Adventures.

How do you feel about beanies?

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2005 10:51      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
French cut green beans are OK, but baked beans are gross.

Oh, did you mean those little stuffed animals?

Edit: In case the above doesn't count as a question -- If you could meet any one movie star, who would it be?

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1758 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2005 11:07      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's more a writer, but he has a somewhat leading role in the upcoming 'Catch & Relase':

Kevin Smith.

If you were given 1 year to do whatever you want, and you would be paid the wage you're making right now (or a normal modest wage if you don't work), what would you spend that year doing?

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture