homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Follow-on Game: Question & Answer (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Follow-on Game: Question & Answer
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 20, 2005 13:34      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bird, because I want to be able to fly.

Next question:

How many screens are in your household?
(TV-screens - either CRT,LCD,Plasma and Computer screens -all sorts CRT, LCD, Plasma?- count!)

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 15:22      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6 including 2 monitors not in use, otherwise 4: My 21" CRT, girlfriend's iMac, my 27" TV in my bedroom, and my 52" widescreen in the living room.

What's the most despicable thing you've ever done to an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend during your relationship?
(If you've never been in a relationship, replace ex-boyfriend/girlfriend with family member.)

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 15:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about window screens?

Eek. Disobeyed Rule 11.82b: Answering a question with a question shall be forbidden.

What was the question?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 15:47      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never did anything despicable to one of my ex girlfriends. However, as far as family goes, it's a toss up between rigging my brother's bedroom doorknob to shock him when he tried to get into his room, and duct taping his arms and legs while he was sleeping off a night on the town.

Let's get the opposite of the question Spiderman posed.
quote:
What food do you find disgusting that most other people enjoy?
What is a food you enjoy eating that most other peole find disgusting?

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 15:59      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beef kidney, beef tongue, pig's stomach, pork scrapple, split pea soup.

Are you nauseated yet? [Razz]

--------------------

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 16:28      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope. I eat beef tongue in tacos.

How many siblings do you have?

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 16:36      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Added up, one and a half... or two half-brothers and a half-sister.

Current favourite song?

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moe Monkey
Geek
Member # 1900

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 18:51      Profile for Moe Monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Downtown Came Uptown" by David Wilcox -- not really a fave, but I can't get it out of my head!

How far do you have to travel to work?

Posts: 145 | From: The couch in the living room | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 18:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roughly 8 miles.

What's your favorite shell command?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9344 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 19:17      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DELTREE /Y C:\ (It'll fix everything, I swear)

Name the most obscure band you enjoy listening to.

--------------------
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 19:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ApologetiX! But wait, they're not obscure.

I like Patmos. They're a Moldovan group fronted by an amazing violinist. They play all sorts of really cool folk songs and classical stuff. I'll have to upload a song or two for you to hear.

Do you use correct fingering when you type?

--------------------

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 19:35      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, absolutely!

What is your favorite radio station?

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 19:50      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, that's a hard one to choose. I have three:

WITF Local public radio station
I like its afternoon news programs and weekend programming. Can you say "Car Talk," "Michael Feldman's Whaddya Know?," and "Prairie Home Companion"?

WDAC Somewhat more conservative Christian radio
This is the station I get best at work, so I listen to this practically every night. I really like it 'cause I get a lot of news that I wouldn't get if I watched local news or listened to NPR. It also plays radio dramas like Bookshelf Adventures and Adventures in Odyssey. They also broadcast Focus on the Family and Family Life Today. David Jeremiah has been going through a series on Revelation and End Times. Definitely gives me something to think about while I'm proofing ads!

WJTL Contemporary Christian radio
I listen to this when I'm not in the mood for WITF's classical music and on my way home from work. I used to listen to Coast-to-Coast AM with George Noory on my way home from work, but I haven't been in the mood for far-out stuff recently.

What are your fave TV stations/channels?

--------------------

maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 03:36      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBC2 and C4.

What's your worst habit?

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 10:59      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be picking my nose and then eating it (yes I know very disgusting)

Have you ever got so drunk you do not remember what you did?

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 11:02      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Second edit - beaten twice!)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 11:02      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been drunk at all. (though I do drink)

(And I know exactly who Patmos is, Rhonwyyn. They played a few concerts at the college here, though I couldn't make it to them.)

Who do you think is the most interesting historical figure?

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 11:46      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moses. If you read the Tanakh, he was definitely a quirky guy!

What's your collegiate alma mater?

EDIT: If someone else submits a post while you're still composing yours, don't worry about it (Stereo). It's okay. We'll just have more questions to answer! [Big Grin]

--------------------

shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 12:52      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Falcons, Seattle Pacific University

Where were you born?

--------------------
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 12:56      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Houma Louisiana United States

What is your favorite holiday?

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 13:10      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My birthday (hey, it's a holiday to me!)

What's the weirdest name in your family (for example, I have a cousin named Fairy-Mabel)

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 13:31      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family name can be a male first name, and my brother's first name is composite, so he is the three-first names guy. (And being a girl with a first name that can be a family name - if you forget the final 'e' - you can imagine how many times I've answered phone calls asking for Mr. (my last name) (my first name).) Not quite what you expected, but funny enough, I hope.

Now, on a scale of 0 to 10, how would you rate your humanity score? (0 being Devil bred, and 10, free pass for Heaven - or whatever after-life bliss you believe in.)

(Rhon, two or more questions at the same time would quickly become confusing, I believe.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 14:19      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8ish. I'm a softy for other beings, even though I don't like them all too much [Frown]

What is your favorite programming language? [Razz]

--------------------
-illumina+us
http://illuminatus.oczombies.net/
I suck at life IRL

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 14:58      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
(Rhon, two or more questions at the same time would quickly become confusing, I believe.)

(If a bunch of hillbilly musicians (don't tell them I called them that!) can handle it, why can't we? [Wink] )

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 23:22      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by illuminatus:
8ish. I'm a softy for other beings, even though I don't like them all too much [Frown]

What is your favorite programming language? [Razz]

I don't have one.

What's your favorite programming language?

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture