homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Follow-on Game: Question & Answer (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Follow-on Game: Question & Answer
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 18:19      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peanut!

Have you broken your New Years resolution(s) yet? If so, what was it?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 20:52      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but only because I don't believe in making New Year resolutions. I resolve to do things when I damn well please [Smile]

Why don't we celebrate the New Year on the first day of spring?

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 06:53      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the same reason a new day begins at 00:01 (that is, just after midnight) - to leave us some hope better things are coming.

Who are you thinking about?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 10:20      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amanda. As always.

What's one thing about your pesonality you wish you could change and why?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2006 19:17      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't mind being more sociable.

How did you find out about GeekCulture?

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2006 20:28      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it on /. and now I visit GC much more than /. Sometimes I even forget about /. until someone on here reminds me! (I know, I know. Bad Geek! [Razz] )

If you had $1 million and could ONLY give it to charity, which ones and how much to each? (May be in percentages.)

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
JulioC
Geek
Member # 4370

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 08, 2006 20:33      Profile for JulioC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id give it to myself- Im my own charity [Wink]

If that doesnt count, then Id hand it out to public schools and get some libraries filled.

Posts: 182 | From: Brazil | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2006 20:34      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And your question would be....?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
JulioC
Geek
Member # 4370

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2006 20:43      Profile for JulioC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do beige socks go well with white shoes?

--------------------
www.jcmrpgart.blogspot.com
612toApocalypse

Posts: 182 | From: Brazil | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 07:08      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amanda would suggest the answer is yes -- she is *always* wearing two completely different socks.

Personally, however, my socks have to match, and so my answer to your question, is no.

Do you have any particular routine or habit that you do every day that you get miffed if its interrupted?

YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 07:13      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my morning coffee,smoke and newspaper. If it gets interrupted I feel cheated.

When you argue do you finish it so you can go to bed with a clean slate, or do you hold it in and continue the next day?

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 08:53      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try to finish. He's not always so willing.

Least favorite smell?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 2 posted January 09, 2006 09:51      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
I try to finish. He's not always so willing.

Least favorite smell?

Isn't the bedroom stuff supposed to be kept in the bedroom? Bad Xanthine, no cookie! [evil]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 10:37      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh bloody hell. I knew someone was going to take that the wrong way. I was talking about arguments.

Bad zesovietrussian! No cookie for you either!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 13:18      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, over with the nonsense, on with an answer. My least favorite smell that comes to mind is the one emitted by a chocolate factory. It's halfway between chocolate (yum!) and burned rubber(yuck!). So there I go sniffing around, trying to find out which one it is most like, and end up with a bad taste in my mouth. So it's the smell I'd avoid if I can.

Red, white, or rosé? with extra point for: wine or cider (or other)? sparkling or flat? and ice, fire or standard?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 13:30      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
Red, white, or rosé? with extra point for: wine or cider (or other)? sparkling or flat? and ice, fire or standard?

I'll take a good solid red any day of the week. Sparkling wine? Not on my watch. Flat and standard, all the time. I'm not much of a wine drinker, though...mostly because I'm snooty about my alcohol, and thus it's not a habit I can much afford. More of a beer 'n whiskey girl m'self.

Who's your favorite vocalist? This can be singer, rapper, or just somebody that you love to hear speak.

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 13:45      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now? Ella Fitzgerald. Changes, depending on my mood though.

What's your ideal pet?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 14:00      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cats - low maintainence, stylish, etc etc

Minimalism, or clutter?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 14:10      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ideally, minimalism. In actuality, clutter.

Have you ever jumped out of an airplane for fun (while it was off the ground, to be specific)?

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 14:26      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Oh bloody hell. I knew someone was going to take that the wrong way. I was talking about arguments.

Bad zesovietrussian! No cookie for you either!

But you were literally begging for it [Smile]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
i_need_a_pillow
Geek
Member # 2765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 15:20      Profile for i_need_a_pillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say I have. Wouldn't mind, though.

What's your favorite prank?

--------------------
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Posts: 104 | From: I'm here. Where else? | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 13:48      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unplugging the phone cord from my parent's computer, then telling them to call AOL Tech Support.

Are you a Cat or a Dog person?

Posts: 49 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2006 06:16      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<flame-war-ignition>
Definitely dog. Cats are boring, and stupid.
</flame-war-ignition>

Have you *ever* been really screwed out of a lot of money by a business? (Forget personal loss.)

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2006 07:45      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. I almost got screwed of a small amount by Columbia House (they wanted me to pay for a DVD they never sent me in the first place). I managed to have them call the recovery dogs off my a... I mean, my back.

Will you buy one of the new Intel-based Macs (MacBook or iMacs)?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Scubbo
Mini Geek
Member # 4832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 05:48      Profile for Scubbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, because I <<gasp>> don't use Macs at all.....

/me covers his head and hides from the pitchfork-wielding mob

I know, I know, you can't be a proper geek unless you use mac and/or linux, but I love my games far too much to convert!

Have you ever woken up and not realised you did something the previous night until someone told you/you heard about it/you read about it on the internet?

--------------------
Information wants to be anthropomorphized.
When in doubt; Use the Source, Luke.

Posts: 64 | From: Englandland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture