homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Good morning/afternoon to all!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good morning/afternoon to all!
punkpixie1984
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 10:57      Profile for punkpixie1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would very much have liked to have begun with a pleasant "Hello, and where do you keep the biscuits? Oh, lovely" sort of chat.
But no, for I am blessed with uncommon stupidity in normal everyday activity.
I would like to request that the admins of this lovely place delete a new member, namely punkrockpixie, email address [email protected]
The reason being I, uh, registered with a different email address to the one that is mine. It differs slightly, enough for me to make the same mistake twice, but not enough (curiously in my opinion) for the internet demons to figure out that it is mine, not some other random stranger's.

So, apologies for the inconvenience (this was not how I planned to make my entrance. [blush] ) and greetings to the masses. [Smile]

--------------------
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down? Why, sir, I believe if you take a blowtorch to them you can melt them over. Proof that your product is faulty...

Posts: 16 | From: Merrie olde England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 20, 2004 11:36      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
punkpixie! welcome!

heh, i used to do that all the time with an old email address I had, kept mixing up a .com and a .ca [Razz]

did you want punkrockpixie instead? If so just let me know [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 11:43      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, fellow Ingerlander. (Although I don't think I live in the merrie part. ) Grab a pew and a drink. Oh - and watch out for the little cup cakes going round... they're ... um... spiced. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 11:46      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome pixie person. Stay and chat! We're nice. And most people that I've witnessed join and introduce themselves have disappeared. Even the ones we actually liked! [Big Grin] (You should probably ignore the bashing of a few members you're seeing, although I'm new here, I've seen a rather oddly frequent amount of trolls of recent.)
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 13:00      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to our forums punkpixie. May I call you pp for short? Hmmm, nah forget I said that. [Razz]

Anyway, enjoy yourself. [Big Grin]

--------
There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learing how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Life, The Universe and Everything
Douglas Adams

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 13:17      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by punkpixie1984:
[email protected]

/me scratches head...

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 13:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I would like to request that the admins of this lovely place delete a new member, namely punkrockpixie, email address [email protected]
The reason being I, uh, registered with a different email address to the one that is mine. It differs slightly, enough for me to make the same mistake twice, but not enough (curiously in my opinion) for the internet demons to figure out that it is mine, not some other random stranger's.

Forgive the cynic in me, but I hope you have control of that account...otherwise, I'd be mildly suspicious that you're asking for someone else's account to be deleted.

Otherwise, I'll just say "hi" [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 14:00      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome!"
ok i'm thinking of musicals again...
But anyway, I'm supergoo, nice to meet you.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
punkpixie1984
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 14:29      Profile for punkpixie1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dragonman97 - I assure you, that the address with which I am currently using is too similar to be me trying to bump someone off!

I also haven't posted anything from that one, seeing as I can't get at the password, and I think you'll find, that unless the poor dear that it's been sent to decides to join to GeekCulture there won't be any posts from it.

Snaggy - I think I prefer my new one... Although I'd quite like punkrockpixie1984. But that's just me being difficult, I am perfectly contented with the current one. Actually I think it's less of a mouthful. [Smile] So, yes, this one is fine.

Edit - Actually... [Smile] Oh, I don't know. If it would be a lot of trouble then please, the one I have is fine. Otherwise punkrockpixie1984 would be much appreciated [Big Grin]

To all others - It's lovely to get such a reaction in such a short space of time. I like it here already. [Smile] Now, where are those biscuits?

ooby - It took me far too long an amount of time to see why your post was as it was... [blush]

--------------------
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down? Why, sir, I believe if you take a blowtorch to them you can melt them over. Proof that your product is faulty...

Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 14:30      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ooby:
quote:
[email protected]

/me scratches head...
I think she mistyped - shb/ [email protected]
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
punkpixie1984
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 15:33      Profile for punkpixie1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I did. Twice. [blush]

--------------------

Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 16:03      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome. I dunno bout the biscuits, but the coffee pot is in the back along with a year old cake. We're watching for civilization to sprout from it's sugary bowels, so unless you're really really hungry, I advice not touching it.
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 20, 2004 16:40      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOOOO!!!! don't touch the cake!! I am hoping to use it as a science project for my son later this year. The biscuits are in the tin, inside the pantry, behind the cheese puffs. [Wink] Tea bags are to the left, we have Earl Grey, Jasmine, and Chinese green tea. Sorry the selection is low, I was supposed to go to the store, but I haven't had a chance lately. [crazy] [Wink]
Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 16:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chesty:
I think she mistyped - shb/ [email protected]

Nah, I reckon it was [email protected]otmail.com

Welcome Pixie, try not to play too many mischievous tricks on we mere humans.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted August 20, 2004 17:57      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 20:41      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome punkpixie.

Hope you stay long and post wisely. [Wink]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
punkpixie1984
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 00:13      Profile for punkpixie1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid the posts will be rather erratic - working life of a student and all that. [Smile]

I shall try to post when I can though.

--------------------

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 03:37      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delayed welcome with it being that time of year when students spend all possible time drinking (isn't that all year though [Confused] ) but hi and welcome punkpixie [Smile]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
dunjamon
Mini Geek
Member # 2701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 05:07      Profile for dunjamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
Delayed welcome with it being that time of year when students spend all possible time drinking (isn't that all year though [Confused] ) but hi and welcome punkpixie [Smile]

Hi to Punkpixie, I'd like to spend all my time drinking but work and the annoyance of no student loan makes it hard. Still at least uni starts in a month. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever.

Posts: 77 | From: Manchester England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture