homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » delurking... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: delurking...
SkyLady
Geek Larva
Member # 2057

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2004 11:34      Profile for SkyLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unfortunately I wasn't involved with LOTR as much as I wanted to be [Frown] I know a few people & horses who were. I put my name down to be hobbit but they never did call me back [Wink]

What part of NZ did you manage to visit Snaggy?

Posts: 21 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 19, 2004 12:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What part of NZ did you manage to visit Snaggy?

from Aukland, down to the glow worm caves( did the cave adventure tour, what a hoot [Smile] ), to New Plymouth, were I blew my knee out tramping around Mt Egmont. [Eek!]

Then down to the South Island... Abel Tasman, Queensland... tramp tramp tramp... it was awesome. A gorgeous flight up to to Mt. Cook too... whoa!
[Big Grin]
Then back up to ChristChurch, then North island again and those magnificent northern volcanoes...

Where yes, I did almost die three times (once each on Tongariro, Ruaprhu, and Ngauruhoe) but yep I did climb to the top of "Mt. Doom" and saw a glorious ring rainbow in the crater! [Big Grin]

Ngauruhoe
 -

Then up to Rotorua for a bit... then alas, off to Sydney. It was an AMAZING trip, desperately want to go back soon. [Smile]

Posts: 8172 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2004 15:48      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Then up to Rotorua for a bit... then alas, off to Sydney.

Oh come now, Sydney's not that bad, is it? [Wink]

I've only been to NZ once, and that was on a business trip to Wellington. Only had one weekend there, plus shared hire car with a colleague, so only limited opportunity for sightseeing, unforunately [Frown]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture