homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Trading Post   » Old Macs going to the dumpster

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old Macs going to the dumpster
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 18:52      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are clearing out our office and I have two old Imacs (G3s) and two or three olf PowerPCs (also G3) and some 17 monitors that I need to find a loving home for or else.

If you live near myrtle beach (shipping would probably be toom much) and want it, Let me know - $30 per computer. I am keeping one Imac keyboard for my notebook.

Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 10:06      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shipping may not be that much through USPS, depending on how it's shipped.

USPS Postal Calculator

You could put them on ebay, too, if you get no takers here.

/me hates seeing perfectly good computers get tossed out.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 09:45      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should check your local grade schools and community groups. There are some that need even older tech stuff. I called one of our schools about a Strawberry iMac recently and they were happy to have it. (Because schools sometimes get stuck with inopperable stuff that they then have to pay to recycle, I gave them my contact info and offered to come get it if they can't use it.) You can take a tax deduction for an "in kind" donation. Prior to the donation, do an eBay search to see the going rate for your computer and save that for your IRS documentation. Ask the school for a list of the items that you donate and the date of the donation as well.
Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture