homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Techno-Talking   » Trading Post   » FS: laptop, paintball gun.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: laptop, paintball gun.
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2005 08:57      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HD is 9.35 gig formatted, so I guess 10 gig. It also has an optical S/PDIF audio out. That combined with the dvd player/cd player or just HD can create a pretty sweet audio center, if you have some good equipment to go with it

Ummm, comes with windows ME. Its got a DVD/CD bay (think its CDR), floppy drive, 128 RAM and a Pentium III running 850 mhz.

The two media bays are removable and swappable, its got two pcmcia slots.

The keyboard has been replaced a few times, and is in great condition (punk ass sister wailed on it- hence problems below).

I got it from a friend of mine, and I just dont use it that much, the problems with it are:

Battery doesnt hold charge

The charger socket is screwed up, its all loose, and doesnt hold a connection well. If you hold the power button and wiggle the charging cord though, it starts right up, and once that happens you can wiggle it aruond all you want and it stays on (and charging). Its really weird. Should be an easy/cheap fix, or just use the thing below:

Theres a docking station that plugs into the back and coveres all the ports, but the dock has its own ports. Unfortunatly, the right few pins are bent on the dock connector, so something wouldnt connect properly, but I am not sure which it is. However, this does fix the situation with the power not working properly, so it could be a non-issue.

The door to the CD bay is broken off, so you have to push the little button yourself.

The mouse buttons suck, they dont audibly/tangibly click, they just move up and down a bit, but the computer registers the clicks

It was my friends sister's, I got it from them (they were gonna throw it out, silly kids) and said I would use it for a toy. I would like to get about 200 for it. I did have to pay $30 for a new charger though, so take that into account.

It was once a "desktop replacement", so its a tad large/heavy, but pretty powerful too

PAINTBALL GUN:

Its a brand new tippmann m98 standard (not custom). It is completely stock, except I polished the internals (prevents wear, smoother action), and included is a brand new vertical adapter/expansion chamber. Also included PMI flame drop forward, black, the screws needed to mount it, and a 12oz CO2 tank. The vertical adapter/xchamber and drop have never been installed (actually the xchamber kit is still in the mail haha). Last thing included is a 12" werks barrel. check it out on pbreview.com. One of the best barrels out there, only downside being it is mildly loud. I have put only about 100 shots through it in the backyard, never played a game with it.

I am selling it because I need to get a DS, and I wanted to get a phantom anyways.

No pics ATM, it is disassembled and in a box from when I polished the internals, they will be up within 2 nights. I guarantee there is no wear whatsoever, except one tiny nick in the paint right above the velocity adjustment screw, and it came in the package with that.

Oh also included: Spec Ops barrel condom, stock barrel, stock hopper, and marker lube

Tippmann model 98: I paid 140 retails about the same
Tippmann expansion chamber kit: I paid 55 retails from there up to 75
Tippmann werks barrel: I paid 60 retails 50-70
Drop foward: I paid 30 retails the same
Tank: I paid 15. retails the same

Total cost for the package: $300
Asking: $230, you pay shipping. Make an offer though, and I will entertain it.

Pay the full asking price, and I guess I will also throw in my 2 tubes, the harness/belt for it, and the leftover ~150 rounds of paint I have

Pay more and I will include 2 full cans of spray paint: gray auto primer and olive drab enamel, and if you pay 260 or so, I will throw in a digi-camo bag

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 15, 2005 16:52      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7163751816

Superfans get 20% off if they win, normal GC'ers get 10% off if they win. Must be a member by June 17 2005

--------------------
lol

californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2005 14:46      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laptop is SOLD

--------------------
lol

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture