homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Techno-Talking   » Trading Post   » Wanted: Nerf Wildfire!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Nerf Wildfire!
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 19:44      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick one, I was wondering if any US/Canada geeks would be able to help me find a Nerf Wildfire? I've been searching high and low here in the UK, but all I've turned up is a heavily broken one and one on eBay being sold for $50, which is an unreasonable price. Ideally I am looking for something up to about $35 +/- a bit (not including shipping), and of course I will PayPal the money over before anything is sent [Wink] Obviously, if any of the UK geeks know of one, or even want to sell me one themselves, that is good also [Smile]

Many thanks
Stibbons

Posts: 1151 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 22:42      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good God, Man! We can't ship something like that overseas! Don't you know a Weapon of Mass Destruction when you see one? [evil]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 23:11      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Weapon of mass distraction would describe this thing better. Have you ever toyed around with one of these? It kicks arse in cubicle warfare! [evil]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 02:48      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll look around here in Germany, there's a toy shop between the office and the sandwich shop
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 05:24      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Weapon of mass distraction would describe this thing better.
The ultimate weapon of mass distraction is the radio controlled blimp. Bring one into an office and watch 10 to 20 people spend the next three hours play with it. It can cost your company $1000s in lost productivity.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 06:19      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
I think Weapon of mass distraction would describe this thing better.
The ultimate weapon of mass distraction is the radio controlled blimp. Bring one into an office and watch 10 to 20 people spend the next three hours play with it. It can cost your company $1000s in lost productivity.

You're putting ideas in my head. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 06:30      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allan: Cheers, it would be fantastic if you find one

n4dmx: I've been on the recieving end of one before. Hence why I want one. Nothing better for clearing out rooms full of people with RBGs... [Smile]

quantumfluff: The blimp is one of those things I'm forcing myself not to buy for precisely that reason. One of my friends does have a remote control hovercraft though, and that is equally good waste of time [thumbsup]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 10:00      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man...my friends have those things - loads of fun...I've only played with one maybe once or twice, but had a blast with it. I'll look/ask around...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2005 14:52      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick update: Not only did I manage to find a Wildfire on eBay at a reasonable price (which I won on my mobile while up a mountain), today I acquired yet another cool piece of kit:

-
/me is one very happy toy gun geek [Smile]

Thanks to everyone who went looking for me [thumbsup]

(For those of a similar disposition, there is a picture of my favouritest)

californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2005 00:10      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check this out, a homemade bolt action nerf sniper rifle:
http://nerfhaven.com/homemade/boltsniper_far/

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture