homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Science!   » Atlantis blast off!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Atlantis blast off!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 16, 2010 16:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Space shuttle Atlantis roared into a bright-blue Florida sky Friday afternoon, launching right on time at 2:20 p.m. EDT from NASA's Kennedy Space Center.

and theMoMan was there! Here are his pics!

Very nice, oh how I envy you.

-

-

-

larger versions...
http://www.geekculture.com/images/Atlantis/P1000227.jpg

http://www.geekculture.com/images/Atlantis/P1000235.jpg

http://www.geekculture.com/images/Atlantis/P1000237.jpg

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2010 17:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
envy++;

There was a shuttle launch due when I was last in Florida, but it was delayed, then delayed again, and eventually I gave up waiting.

This is the final flight of the Atlantis, and one of the last few for shuttles in general.

End of an era folks, pay close attention.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2010 00:49      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
envy++;

There was a shuttle launch due when I was last in Florida, but it was delayed, then delayed again, and eventually I gave up waiting.

This is the final flight of the Atlantis, and one of the last few for shuttles in general.

End of an era folks, pay close attention.

end of an era, but about time, the next shipps will be cooler, this is the only space ship that has been in (almost) continuous service for 30 years. I just hope the replacement comes before I am too old.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2010 03:11      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Errr, slight correction. The MrsMoMan took those pictures, I was given the task of filming with the new HD Video camera. That chore I really blew because I was aimed at the wrong launch pad.

____ So I must tell you that those were taken with the MrsMoMans Panasomic Lumix, by the Mrs. Mine did not turn out so well.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2010 16:29      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Okay to those thinking of going to Tittisville, Cocoa Beach KSC for the next two launches. Book now, there will be a few hotel rooms about 100 miles away but they may be better priced than near the KSC, we stayed about 15 miles away and were hosed for a flop house room. The crowds will be huge.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 26, 2010 06:19      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ They're Back

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture