homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Science!   » LCROSS?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LCROSS?
Double D
Geek Larva
Member # 786

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 09, 2009 12:49      Profile for Double D   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone actually see the impacts/plumes on the moon this morning? It was after sun-up in the east, and my telescope isn't quite as big as was being suggested, and we were in the midst of getting kids on the bus, so I ended up watching on CBS Early Show, which was less than satisfying.

--------------------
--D2--

"Love is the nonpossessive delight in the particularities of the other." -- Dr. James E. Loder

Posts: 20 | From: West-By-God-Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2009 01:53      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Double D, Out here in the woods we get TV from DirecTV. They have the NASA Channel it is basically the feed that the Networks used. From what I saw and had read, they did not get the debris field that they expected.

____ I did find a link this morning.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-19514_3-10372298-239.html

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Double D
Geek Larva
Member # 786

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2009 16:16      Profile for Double D   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, after I posted I gathered that it wasn't nearly the visual event they thought it might be, even if that wasn't much. Looking at the pics on the link you sent, it's little wonder. That is a tiny explosion! I guess I've been conditioned by too much CGI sci-fi to expect a huge fireball or something. Then again, I'm glad I wasn't standing next to it....

Thanks for the reply!

--------------------
--D2--

"Love is the nonpossessive delight in the particularities of the other." -- Dr. James E. Loder

Posts: 20 | From: West-By-God-Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture