homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Science!   » Favorite scientists?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite scientists?
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 06:36      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Choose your favorite scientists in thier field.

Poll Information
This poll contains 4 question(s). 16 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 06:45      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawkins? [Razz]

BTW, some people don't like it if you post polls in the non-superfan area, because it annoys them. Good poll, though.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 07:36      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Poll. [thumbsup]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 11, 2006 07:39      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought most people would complain about the options as I just chose people off the top of my head. Noone is here to complain your favorite scientist isn't listed?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 07:42      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the choices were fairly representative of the ancient through modern and also of the very famous and the lesser-knowns. Perhaps your sub-concious mind has a well-developed conscience regarding such matters? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 11, 2006 08:34      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome poll! [Applause]

I don't mind if Superfans post polls in the regular area, since hopefully they serve as yet another incentive to sign up. [Cool] [evil] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

Posts: 8125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 10:00      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought of Jane Goodall as more of a physical anthropologist than a biologist. [Smile]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 10:18      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
Noone is here to complain your favorite scientist isn't listed?

You forgot Kurt Gödel under "favorite mathematician."

...happy now? [Big Grin]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture