homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Part Two of Three: What Do You Think?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Part Two of Three: What Do You Think?
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 14 posted May 17, 2003 16:32      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the Trilogy. The ever-popular, what happens next movie and book market. Usually a powerful first movie, a stunning last movie, and Number Two, Part Two, (Episode 2?). What second movies have sucked? What second movies were worth seeing more than once in the theater?

This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 17, 2003 17:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooo nice poll!
Posts: 8113 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2003 19:39      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still think that Reloaded is only half of the second movie and not legitimately number two in a trilogy.

And I've never seen Aliens, Highlander 2, or Revenge of the Nerds 2. (For that matter I've never seen Alien or Revenge of the Nerds!) So even though I did vote in your very nice poll, I'm not really qualified to.

Generally I like trilogys (trilogies?) but as books I can't start reading them until I have every single one of the books. And when it is two trilogies that go together like David Eddings's Elenium and Tamuli, I couldn't start reading them until I owned all six!

Just one of my many quirks...

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
perfectstormy

SuperFan!
Member # 1434

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2003 10:06      Profile for perfectstormy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to say Highlander 2...you never forget your first movie disappointment.
Posts: 154 | From: nude hampster | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 12 posted May 19, 2003 08:03      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
perfectstormy wrote:
I had to say Highlander 2...you never forget your first movie disappointment.

I don't see why not. The producers of the third movie sure seemed to have forgotten the second....

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture