homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Logging Sports in Sooke

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Logging Sports in Sooke
Chris Moss
Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2002 04:38      Profile for Chris Moss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week I noticed SheWhoMustBeObeyed carrying a cloth bag that said something about logging sports in Sooke, BC. "Wassa bag?" says I with my usual penetrating directness, having seen this name on the envelopes my favourite T-shirts come in. SWMBO came back with a gobsmacker of an answer: she won it in a nail-driving contest in the aforesaid Sooke!
Turns out she had gone to a conference in Victoria, and as one of the tax-deductible educational activities she and her colleagues got to go to Sooke and practise neat tricks with chain saws and hammers.
Hmm. I'm going to hide all the hammers and sleep in a steel helmet from now on. [Wink]

--------------------
SACD's & SET's!

Posts: 20 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 20, 2002 12:13      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL!
Yep that's right, Sooke is the capital of Logger Culture. Nitro and i went to the big shin-dig last year... it was kinda cool, mingling amongst the axe geeks. My favorite demo was the two engine chain saw.... Darwin Award Central.

Yep, lots' rednecks and lots of hippies here on Vancouver Island... makes a somewhat volatile combination.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 21, 2002 09:51      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the log rolling in the water was really cool, they developed athletic techniques where you keep your balance and kick water water in the face of your opponent. I liked the axe throwing chicks, they definitely could use a skill like that if they want to become SuperHeroes!
Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted October 21, 2002 17:01      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would they be Techno Talking Axe-Throwing Chicks? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture