homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What Are You Doing This Labor Day Weekend?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Are You Doing This Labor Day Weekend?
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 31, 2002 07:56      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How are you going to celebrate?

This poll has been moved to another forum.

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2002 15:32      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be working on Airburst Network and Airburst Extreme. We don't get a Labor day holiday in the UK (if we did, the Conservative's would want one too), but we did have 'August Bank Holiday' last monday.
I can just imagine the government planners who thought of that one. "hmm, it's August, let's have a day off!" [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
LostInColorado

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 862

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 31, 2002 22:40      Profile for LostInColorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
How are you going to celebrate?

Painting! Painting! And more painting! All of this followed by tiling.

At least, I'll have a really nice bathroom [Smile]

--------------------
At first, follow the rules of the game.
If you don't succeed, break the rules.
If you still don't succeed, change them.
If you still don't succeed, just change the game.
And if it still doesn't work...

Posts: 117 | From: Thornton, CO, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 01, 2002 00:52      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..... working ..... (Saturday)

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 01, 2002 05:39      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I should have added more choices to the poll. I forgot about those who are forced to work .
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 01, 2002 08:33      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... But I did Defrag / Optizmize My Hard Drive ......

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 01, 2002 08:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hee hee, great poll, and i do beleve it's the first with the time limit feature enabled... vote now, before it's too late!

I defragged and optimized last weekend, the first time in a looong time. it was
s e v e r e! [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2002 21:31      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Defragged/Optimized my hard drive too. I've also been reading Wiilliam Gibson's Idoru. Extremely awesome book. Very geeky too. [Smile] Now I want to read everything by him.
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2002 16:40      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frell!

I missed the poll, due to having things to do (and an annoying site outage. [Wink] ).. then I can't see the results because I would have had to vote in the poll.

Oh well..

I watched movies and DVDs all day... then went to see S1M0NE...

=bd

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2002 21:53            Edit/Delete Post 
I was helping take care of our little boy kitty Maui, who got home from the vet on Friday after his declawing operation. (Yeah, I know, but it's apartment-complex rules.) He's feeling much better today...he even pushed aside the screen we put up in the hall to separate him and Star temporarily, and jumped up on the bed to visit me!
IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture