homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Break my ice (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Break my ice
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 09:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Coffee_geek:
[snip]Ask her out to a local caffe. There's nowhere on earth more emotionally charged than a caffe. Think about it. Everyone's drinking coffee, listening to the music, chatting amiably. Only one step away from an orgy! With coffee! Or maybe not. But she may think that the heart-fluttering effect caused by really good coffee is love, which is always a plus.[snip]
Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

Hmm, this is a nice though - and I do love coffee as well. About 2 weeks ago, I had the pleasure of being treated to coffee by someone I'm rather intersted in - she was grateful to the help I've given her with a course we're taking - I'd previously asked her if she'd like to have coffee with me, and she ended up turning the tables on me in a pleasant surprise. However, not a whole lot came from this - that is, I still don't know where we stand - except that I got a free Americano, and a pleasant outing. We seem to be on a friendly basis, and I just have no clue how to get beyond that [Frown] . While giving her a ride to the train the other day, she said she'd owe me another coffee for my kindness - I don't know what to think - if she's offering this truly as appreciation and friendship, or something deeper. *sigh*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 07, 2002 15:40      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So basically I have 4 options:

1. Tie her up, and take her to a cave.

2. Set myself on fire, and run passed her.

3. Get excessively drunk and say "I'm a geek, how 'bout you?"

or 4. Talk to her in a cordial manner.

I will add these options to my databanks and methodically test them as opportunities allow. I will then analyze the data from said experimentation and present it in scientific- paper form, and submit it to this bb.

*makes random robotic movements/twitches*

Wish me luck!

*Walks away confused*

--------------------
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2002 10:48      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can meet her online and fall in love when you only had the intention of telling her that she's not alone in some of the things she's going through, and were only looking for a good geeky friend...

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 08, 2002 14:31      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Extra input added. New list compiled. Will advise accordingly.

*series of beeping/dot matrix-printing noises*

The question is....where o where to meet online?

All suggestions welcome.

*beep. beep.*
*hard drive spins down*

--------------------
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 09, 2002 12:44      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erp:

All suggestions welcome.

"Sometimes the answer is right under your nose."

[Happytears]

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2002 21:20      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
quote:
Originally posted by erp:

All suggestions welcome.

"Sometimes the answer is right under your nose."

[Happytears]

Ain't it the truth me quiggy love [Smile] .

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
graphicrevolution
Mini Geek
Member # 1748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2002 21:21      Profile for graphicrevolution   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My problem is also meeting worthwhile girls..I don't do clubs and bars, so it's tough..Once I meet someone though, I'm all charm. but everyone knows that.

--------------------
Hey, what's that on your face?

Posts: 61 | From: outside philadelphia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
trillianastra
Mini Geek
Member # 1526

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 14:45      Profile for trillianastra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My problem is also meeting worthwhile girls..I don't do clubs and bars, so it's tough..
Have you tried setting traps? I bait mine with Tux pins, memory cards, and Star Trek figurines. Meeting people is no problem now.

--------------------
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."-Heinlein

Posts: 80 | From: Bad Place TM | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 10, 2002 21:29      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think statistically, there are more geeks than there are geekettes, thus a higher gross intelligence of geeks compared to the gross intelligence of geekettes.

But without the lot of US, Geeks are nothing!!

Just wanted to point that out [Big Grin] .

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 10, 2002 21:35      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I forgot something: GE, what type of geek/guy are you? Apparently, there's not enough attainable info in your posts about exactly who you are for me to understand...

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 21:39      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a few new ones:
- stake out the comp-sci alsie in the Barns & Noble, Borders, Walden's

- Wear /. , think geek and "TTB Wanted" shirts (note to snaggy, make "TTB wanted shirts".

- walk up and use the hippest pick up line ever... "Frag me if I'm wrong, but aren't you dieing to LAN with me?"

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 10, 2002 22:14      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, that's such a cute line!

(See, it got me [Smile] )

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

graphicrevolution
Mini Geek
Member # 1748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 22:16      Profile for graphicrevolution   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
traps are expensive though...I mean the good ones anyway..
graphicrevolution
Mini Geek
Member # 1748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 22:18      Profile for graphicrevolution   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
Oh, I forgot something: GE, what type of geek/guy are you? Apparently, there's not enough attainable info in your posts about exactly who you are for me to understand...

you do mean me when you say GE, right? I assume so.. you know what, I probably shouldn't have ran the words graphic and revolution together..

Anyway, as far as the kind of geek/guy I am.. I guess I'm just run of the mill, when it comes to tech-geekiness..though, I'm pretty big into making artwork of some sort, and try to spend the majority of my life being creative in one format or another..A lot of people I know are artists, but it's almost like they leave it at home. I try to make it a constant active project, and suck others into it too. kind of like one big secret. now you know where graphic revolution comes from..

--------------------
Hey, what's that on your face?

gallimaufry
Geek
Member # 1549

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 17, 2002 16:01      Profile for gallimaufry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. say hello
2. if you havent already been formally introduced tell her your name and get hers
3. if you had a class/meeting/busride with her remind her of that ("i think we had math 318 together this summer...")
4. if you have a mutual friend go ahead and name drop so she knows you are cool enough to share friends
5. if you don't know her at all then ask her something about herself. take a clue from what she's wearing, who she's with, if she's covered in tattoos, if she speaks with an accent, etc and ask her about it. Ex: "Oh, that's a cool Winger shirt. Are you a big Winger fan?"
6. if you run into her every-so-often then you won't need to get her # right away. you dont want to scare her off. just make sure that everytime you run into her you're friendly.
7. if you won't see her for a few weeks, or ever again, go ahead and ask for her phone number or email address so you can "hang out some time." if you found a common interest be sure to add it in: "we should hang out some time and watch kung fu. its hard to find people who appreciate it like we do."
8.if you have a mutual friend start making them organize group activities so the special lady will be there, and then you should use the method in #7 to get her number or email address.

This is the blending of different methods that have been used on me. Good luck!

--------------------
la de da

Posts: 154 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted November 19, 2002 08:35      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she's wearing a Winger shirt, and it's because she actually likes them (not for the comic value of such a shirt), that's all I have to know.

*walks away*

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture