homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Female geek 33 seeking programmers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Female geek 33 seeking programmers
quakegal
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 1444

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted June 09, 2002 17:29      Profile for quakegal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 33, I live in MN and I'm seeking a computer geek. I'm into guys who code, like linux, unix and have server rooms. I have a weird obsession with geeks now and I never used to dig them, but I've switched over to the other side. Not big into internet matches, but thought I'd give it a try
Posts: 2 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2002 03:53            Edit/Delete Post 
If your eyes lit up at the sight of a response, then you will probably be somewhat disappointed by this reply.

However, I just felt it rather sad that you'd not had a single response, which is a pity really.

I feel too young for you at "only" 21, I live about 4000 miles away, and have a bedroom full of old Macs and 80s microcomputers, not UNIX servers, so I most likely wouldn't count anyway.

However, given the shortage of female geeks, I am surprised that no-one took notice, unless they've all sent e-mails to you instead.

So, where are all the single male US geeks out there? GameMaster, I think this calls for some of your motivational tactics here! Hup hup... =)

- Uilleann

IP: Logged
N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2002 04:21      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didnt see the original post. I'm 36 and in Minnesota. (see below)
I do have a computer room, is that close enough? If you include ones in boxes and the one I designed and wirewrapped I have 5 in the room.
I code for a living.

I am onl;y barely in MN tho, just across the river from LaCrosse. I'm guessing you are near the twin cities, which is ~100 miles from here.

Brian

Posts: 181 | From: Southeast MN | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2002 05:49      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I code for a living, have been using unix since 1978 and have a server room in a storage area next to my home office. But..., I live in NY and have been married since the 80's. I'm not looking to mess that up. You'll find someone.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
curlysimon
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2002 09:54      Profile for curlysimon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the dark side. Dark room at least. Easier to code in the dark as the focus is completely in front of you...
Posts: 40 | From: CO, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2002 10:48      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go look for Tau, god knows he needs a mate. He should be around here in the forums somewhere, either way eventually you will bump into him.

Well, welcome to the fora and hope you have a nice stay.

macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2002 08:24      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what ever happened to Tau? he posts here and there i see. did he get abducted by aliens or something. at any rate, as of this post, i officially have caught tau. oh well, wasn't that exciting anyway.
nayt

------------------
Nayt: making interesting posts boring since Jan 02

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2002 07:26      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
what ever happened to Tau? he posts here and there i see. did he get abducted by aliens or something. at any rate, as of this post, i officially have caught tau. oh well, wasn't that exciting anyway.
nayt

and now your reward is a spanking for every post you have made. Line up everyone and bring you favorite paddle.......Z

------------------
http://profiles.yahoo.com/zorro_solo

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2002 07:39      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello quakegal,

I'm 39, single, male, live in New York City, have code in the Linux kernel, don't have a server room but am planning to set up a home cluster this year, and so on.

Why don't you post a little more on some other threads so that people can get to know you?

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maxomai
Alpha Geek
Member # 781

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 21, 2002 09:19      Profile for maxomai   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quakegal:
I'm 33, I live in MN and I'm seeking a computer geek. I'm into guys who code, like linux, unix and have server rooms. I have a weird obsession with geeks now and I never used to dig them, but I've switched over to the other side. Not big into internet matches, but thought I'd give it a try

I'm a little curious what you find attractive about these guys .

Myself, I'm 29, have a Linux box, code for Linux at home, code for AS/400s at work. That makes me both a UNIX programmer and a mainframe programmer (and a young one at that). I don't have a huge server room, just one rocking workstation and one old but effective server. I also live on the West Coast.

You could probably kick my ass at Quake.

Posts: 343 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2002 09:39      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by maxomai:
I'm a little curious what you find attractive about these guys .

Myself, I'm 29, have a Linux box, code for Linux at home, code for AS/400s at work. That makes me both a UNIX programmer [b]and a mainframe programmer (and a young one at that).[/B]

Not the youngest though:
me = 21, code for freebsd at work, and used to code on as/400'2 at 19..... not perfectly but good enough to get hired and stay that way

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture