homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » the best food in the world.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the best food in the world.
iHEARTheDINOSaurs
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2147

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted April 27, 2003 21:12      Profile for iHEARTheDINOSaurs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MAN Cheeseburgers are good. who on here likes them? Pretty soon, I'm going to post pictures of cheesburgers on here! I can't wait. Whoo-ee.
Yum-may. [Razz]

--------------------
"Nobody watched me before, now I am watched." -Sylvia Plath

Posts: 2 | From: Earth | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2003 21:46      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was at a festival here in western australia over the weekend, and a small family-operated icecream van took the cake...

mango sorbet in a waffle cone.

this shit was good shit. apparently it was just mangoes, sugar, and water. you could see the little hairs in the mango. and you could taste the mango. oh yeah.

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 27, 2003 21:53      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best food. Hmmm, I would have to say that my personal, all time favorite is my wife's pecan sticky buns. Mmmmm.

They are about the size of a grapefruit, and gooey, smothered in a caramel type sauce, and filled with pecans.

/me drools
Man, I'm making a mess. Better go get myself a towel...

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2003 23:59      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me, Hainan Chicken Rice is the way to go. First had the Thai version in Thailand (best breakfast dish ever [Smile] ), and now have it for lunch whenever I don't get around to packing sandwiches.
Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 09:45      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best food in the world. That is one tough choice to make. My favorite comfort foods are Honey Nut Cheerios and Top Ramen (used to have them at my Grandma's house all the time as a kid).

I really like mushrooms, particularly shittake(sp) and portobella. Camembert cheese is really good. *drool*

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 10:23      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pass the boiled crawfish. YUM [Big Grin]
They are the best tasting shellfish you can get.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 11:57      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sushi
pizza
ice cream
and lately cake and chips

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 12:16      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sushi!!!! I love sushi! It's so good! Not the spicy kind, but sushi!!!! Yum! And Menudo. That's the shiznit too. I also love Carne Asada. I have it all the time. One of the quirks of being in a Mexican family that likes to cook a lot. [Smile] Carne!!!!

---didn't that make you feel good about goldfish?, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 12:45      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may not be the fanciest, or even the tastiest, food, but in terms of 'best food', pizza takes the cake. It's delicious, warm, requires no special utensils, and can be delivered fresh almost anywhere within an hour. Also cheap.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted April 28, 2003 12:52      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we talking general food? Or can we use categories?

Best Breakfast Food: Bacon.
Best Lunch Food: Pizza.
Best Dinner Food: Grilled Medium Steak.
Best Dessert Food: All Dessert Pies.
Best LAN Food: Pizza/Chips/Mountain Dew.
Best Overall Food: All Pies.

Pie in a general sense is the most versatile and delicious of all foods. Want dessert? A delicious Cheesepie (I won't refer to it as cake) will suffice. How about lunch? A Pizza pie is where it's at. A hearty dinner? A nice pot pie hits the spot. Breakfast? Try a delicious quish (sp?)!

Pie = the Uberfood. [Big Grin]

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 12:55      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
damn so much good food
ill have to agree with everybody thats posted so far as i love all those foods [Big Grin]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 13:08      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oz, the Wizard of:
Pie in a general sense is the most versatile and delicious of all foods. Want dessert? A delicious Cheesepie (I won't refer to it as cake) will suffice. How about lunch? A Pizza pie is where it's at. A hearty dinner? A nice pot pie hits the spot. Breakfast? Try a delicious quish (sp?)!

Pie = the Uberfood. [Big Grin]

-Oz

Hrm... never thought of that, but a very good point you do make, Oz.

I would have to say that my favorite food at this point in time (since it does change) would have to be a Gyros sandwich (also known as the medeterrianian taco). For those that don't know, it's pronouced "Euros" (like the currecy) or Geuros (with a slight hard G sound at the beginning), but NOT gyros like a gyro-scope! [Mad]

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. There's a place here called Mr. Gyros that makes the best (and biggest) gyros sandwiches. For $4.95 you can get a (HUGE) gyros sandwich, a medium fry and a small drink.... that's a lot of food for $4.95! And lamb is low in fat too...an added bonus! [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 13:22      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they call em gyros(as in gyroscope on Seinfeld)

btw nice sig

this one time my cousin walter ... [Wink]

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sinn
Mini Geek
Member # 2111

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 16:57      Profile for Sinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jambalaya... no choice about it

--------------------
Sin is a dangerous toy in the hands of the virtuous. It should be left to the congenitally sinful, who know when to play with it and when to let it alone.

Posts: 64 | From: Kerhonkson, NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2003 18:42      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hair pie........a great main course, appie, or dessert. I swear by it.....who's with me? *looking around*

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2003 02:53      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Hair pie........a great main course, appie, or dessert. I swear by it.....who's with me? *looking around*

That's very clean of you, Cap'n. You know - many of us would have assumed that you'd take this opportunity to refer to the furry honey-pot adventure. Well done. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2003 16:25      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK so you are the condemned man and its your last meal. What do you have?

For me no contest. Bacon and eggs. The most delicious meal in the world bar none.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2003 17:53      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, I'd find a 24 hour hamburger joint, and chug down the free soft drink/coffee refills. After all, you've got to finish your meal before they can execute you, right [Wink]
Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2003 21:36      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm krispy kreme; in and out and then dell taco and if I still had room starbucks frap; pizza and some ice cream [Big Grin]

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
weensicka
Geek
Member # 1436

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2003 15:39      Profile for weensicka   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
Pass the boiled crawfish. YUM [Big Grin]
They are the best tasting shellfish you can get.

Ahem...what about boiled (or baked-stuffed) Maine lobster? Best food ever! There's something quite satisfying about a food that can still attack you after being boiled alive. [Wink]
Posts: 182 | From: oh, just somewhere random | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2003 16:39      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today the best food is anything I can swallow without pain.
Haven't found it yet.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CyberGoddess
Highlie
Member # 147

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2003 18:36      Profile for CyberGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I adore S&B Golden Curry (a brand of Japanese curry that's available in mass quantities here). I'm also a sushi nut, especially maguro.

I love a good lo mein. Gyoza and shumai are quite tasty.

And Chili's Southwestern Egg Rolls. Mmmm..

--------------------
CyberGoddess
La Goddess of Go-Go :)
http://www.kageneko.net
After Y2K Fan Club Member #15

"Chaos. Panic. Disorder. My work here is done."

Posts: 621 | From: Larkspur, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
weensicka
Geek
Member # 1436

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2003 21:19      Profile for weensicka   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Today the best food is anything I can swallow without pain.
Haven't found it yet.

Have you tried mango baby food? Delish...
That or aam ras (Indian-style mango pudding). They are surprisingly similar.

Posts: 182 | From: oh, just somewhere random | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture