homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Rednex in the mist (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Rednex in the mist
raydreams
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2003 12:09            Edit/Delete Post 

IP: Logged
G-3PO
Geek
Member # 1851

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2003 14:28      Profile for G-3PO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Augusta, GA....I see rednecks everyday...not everybody here is, but it happens at least twice a day...overweight people in tight, sweaty undershirts with a beer in hand, or somebody with a confederate flag T-shirt....you get used to it fairly quickly, however.

--------------------
For large values of one, one equals two, for small values of two.

Posts: 187 | From: Augusta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chicgeek
Geek
Member # 1556

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 29, 2003 20:53      Profile for chicgeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's particularly funny is the way Rednecks stroll around Wal-Mart like they're tourists or something. Wal-Mart in Midland isn't just a superstore -- it's an event.

It's really sad.

Posts: 235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
raydreams
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2003 19:14            Edit/Delete Post 

Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2003 15:32      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the Redneck Neighbor?
Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2003 14:34      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe

somebody posted that earlier

funniest website ever.. well maybe not
but still one of hte funnier ones out there

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2003 14:40      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Slurpy:

i found that site about a few months ago, and what struck me, apart from the fact that it would be a nightmare to live next to someone like that, is that the redneck neighbour sounds really sad and lonely, and to see someone that earnest, but ultimately crap, was depressing

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Shapeshifter
Geek
Member # 2105

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2003 19:08      Profile for Shapeshifter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by raydreams:

You've had a boat parked on your driveway for more than a week

That's not strictly redneck. We actually don't have very many rednecks in this part of Virginia. I imagine they all got kicked out of this city because they were pissing in the ocean and scaring away the tourists.

--------------------
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying.
-Woody Allen

Posts: 152 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2003 19:32      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Slurpy:

I agree with cheezi. Funny at first, but ultimately depressing.
You know how some people are just a bit odd? As in, dysfunctionally odd? I mean, yeah, most of us have our quirks and all that, but we can contain that oddness. Others can't. I wouldn't call JD8 crazy, but he's definitely out of touch.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
raydreams
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2003 18:37            Edit/Delete Post 

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2003 18:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WTF?? What are they worried about? A Great Flood??

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2003 08:08      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Most rednecks are content to have a dog under the porch, but Johnny Jim Bob wants an elephant under his."
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lossenelin
Newbie Larva
Member # 2093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2003 02:45      Profile for Lossenelin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geeks and Rednecks...
Am I only one who thinks "Hey, this could be an idea for a sitcom..."

--------------------
Lossenlin
http://www.mixingsoup.com
http://www.soupfiction.net

Posts: 9 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2003 11:32      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the title for that show has already been taken

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2003 03:59      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
raydreams, that pic is awesome! The redneckiest (sic) neighbors that I have in the immediate neighborhood don't do anything worse than spraypaint the house numbers on the mailbox and the curb (no stencils, mind you). That, and have plastic pink flamingos next to the mailbox. I'd never seen any in real life until I saw this house. I'd always thought they were a myth, like the inbreeding jokes (if you ignore the blue people in Kentucky).

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
raydreams
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2003 07:41            Edit/Delete Post 

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture