homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Pep rallies S-U-C-K!!!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pep rallies S-U-C-K!!!!!!
Kansas sucks
Discontinued

Icon 8 posted February 20, 2003 08:51            Edit/Delete Post 
Our school spent 6000 bucks getting 2 big screen tvs and they areent that good

I spent the day in the commons area trying to talk to my freinds whilst some Crappy overused rock "music" was being played

you know, the kind that Mid-western teens play in there trucks really loud? Jock music, that kind of thing.

anyway, they had a 17in I'mac just sitting there, with Itunes and everything, but did they use it?? NOpe, gotta stick with the o'l crappy windos macine.

And to add to that, they had skimpy dressed women dance some sortof dance. I don't know about you But i treat women with respect, and that little diplay makes me want to breck somthing

If they just played "she sells sancuary" by The Cult. I would have been fine, but NOOOOO [Mad]

IP: Logged
Kansas sucks
Discontinued

Icon 9 posted February 20, 2003 09:00            Edit/Delete Post 
Pep Rallies, to my principal
To Whom it May Concern:
Pep Rallies should not be mandatory. Why should I, a studious and well-rounded student, be forced to sit in a gymnasium of pandemonium with camouflage-clad, childish seniors degrading the apparently more mature freshmen? Why should I be exposed to students making fools of themselves? Why should I, someone who’s never attended a sporting event, be forced to cheer for a game during which I will probably be studying? Does not wanting to stand up and scream as if my toenails are being pulled off make me a bad person? On the other hand, perhaps the notion of the pep rally is a bit outdated? Why doesn’t the school offer an alternative to being forced to sit in a crowded, noisy, boring, pointless assembly by allowing students to do something else? I personally dislike the feeling of being shoved by sweaty people and dealing with a raging headache because of the ringing in my ears. Yet, the administrators wonder why so many students skip pep rallies.

And how is this for logic: punish the students who skipped the “pep assembly” by giving them a day of In School Suspension. Logically, skipping a non-classroom activity warrants forcing a student to miss an entire day of classes. In addition, who cares if the parents of these students feel that this is a stupid punishment? Why should the parents of Dreher have anything to do with the way Dreher does things? Perhaps I have come off slightly acerbic, however the point of this diatribe is to suggest that pep rallies should not be mandatory. Students should have the option of spending their time elsewhere, productively. Maybe the students could go to the library or to the auditorium with teacher supervision. This way the teachers, many of whom hate pep rallies more than I, can also have the option of not attending the rally. I appreciate you setting aside the time to skim this letter

SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 11:46      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kansas sucks:
Yet, the administrators wonder why so many students skip pep rallies.

you skip pep rallies because you have to fight the power and stick it to the man [Razz] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]
Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kansas sucks
Discontinued

Icon 10 posted February 20, 2003 12:43            Edit/Delete Post 
I don't havta go I don't havta go!

yippie!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 14:30      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had one pep rally, the first one ever.
The principal said if we all behaved we would get more
thank god she gave us a way out
we wil never have one again [Wink]

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 14:34      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well obviously
since the ski team is just a bunch of propane sniffers.. [Razz]

--------------------
its been a while

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 14:45      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
well obviously
since the ski team is just a bunch of propane sniffers.. [Razz]

eh?
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 14:47      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they might have a smaller version of it this time because not all the teams did as well as the football/swimming team did

all the noise was most likely for that

--------------------
its been a while

TonyRad
Assimilated
Member # 1448

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 16:22      Profile for TonyRad         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind pep rallies, I get out of class and I play in the band. And I rock on Fun, Fun, Fun and the final countdown. I love pep band.. [Smile] Sitting there is a pain tho, all well, at least i get out of english [Smile]

Tony Rad

Charisma
Assimilated
Member # 1164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 17:17      Profile for Charisma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, get THIS. We had the biggest basketball game of the season against our biggest rival, so of course we had a pep rally. (I'm not into basketball... never been to a game, but I understand the hype.) So we have a pep rally, and guess what? They only put out one set of bleachers so a third the students had to sit on the floor and the other two thirds had to cram together. (Put it this way, seniors and freshmen don't mix.)

And... we lost the game even though we were favored. Hahahahaha. Damn jocks.

--------------------
http://www.basseq.com

Posts: 404 | From: right behind you; in the shadows | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TonyRad
Assimilated
Member # 1448

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 17:31      Profile for TonyRad         Edit/Delete Post 
Hurray for the underdogs!!!

Tony Rad

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 17:49      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TonyRad:
Hurray for the underdogs!!!

Tony Rad

Have you ever seen the underdog cartoon? [Smile]
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 17:50      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that is a great cartoon.

--------------------
its been a while

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 18:03      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
that is a great cartoon.

Yeah, but unfortunately i haven't seen it lately ;(
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 21, 2003 11:45      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Usually the pep rallies at my school give everyone an equal oppertunity to make fun of the teachers, tear down hand-painted signs in minutes that the ASB kids spent hours making, and to blow up condoms and pass them around like a beach ball. Yippee. [Razz] Also there is the girl's gym teacher, Ms. Zane, who dresses up like Shania Twain and sings her latest hit with clever new lyrics. Plus at the end of each pep rally there are the impersonators of the Village People who always sing YMCA, which is tired and boring. But we humor them on, especially since one of the teachers really is gay. I don't have to go to the pep rallies: usually I just hide out in the band room. Good ol' Mr. Leornard! He's from Canada, eh? He's pretty cool. [Smile] He doesn't usually make us play at pep rallies because
A) We suck [ohwell]
B) He doesn't know any better
C) It's his first year, so he doesn't know any of the fight/pep songs. Just other school's fight/pep songs. (Think Tusk over and over again.) Not that we have any, anyway...

---I can't feel my teeth, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
TORDONOFFON
Geek
Member # 1532

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2003 14:18      Profile for TORDONOFFON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I think I went to one once. They ARE pretty stupid. But then this was the 70's so everyone was pretty much stoned anyway. [If you remember much of the 70's I PITY you. ] A high point was one of our better hung stud muffins streaking through wearing a toque mask and good running shoes.

Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Posts: 103 | From: Annapolis Wa. USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2003 20:12      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TORDONOFFON:
Yeah I think I went to one once. They ARE pretty stupid. But then this was the 70's so everyone was pretty much stoned anyway. [If you remember much of the 70's I PITY you. ] A high point was one of our better hung stud muffins streaking through wearing a toque mask and good running shoes.

Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Well, we get to have another one soon..
yay

Shinaku
Alpha Geek
Member # 2027

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 03:15      Profile for Shinaku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is Kansas?

--------------------
^(^.^ )P~~~

Posts: 312 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 06:27      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a state in the midwest of America.

<stupid american stereotype> whats the UK? </stupid american stereotype>

--------------------
its been a while

Shinaku
Alpha Geek
Member # 2027

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 13:03      Profile for Shinaku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, dont take piss

--------------------
^(^.^ )P~~~

Posts: 312 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Limac333
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1889

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2003 17:35      Profile for Limac333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have pep rallies and they are mandatory. Hopefully we won't anymore, durring the last one someone had a scarf that said England and someone held up a Michael Bolton t-shirt and they got a bigger cheer then the pommies or the basketball players. There was an editorial in the school paper about the lack of school spirit, so maybe they won't bother.
Posts: 48 | From: Cary | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2003 17:41      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bah
pep rally tuesday [Frown]

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2003 19:28      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Limac333:
...someone held up a Michael Bolton t-shirt and they got a bigger cheer then the pommies or the basketball players.

You poor, poor kid. [Frown] My sympathies.
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Noldoaran
Geek
Member # 2003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2003 19:51      Profile for Noldoaran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumina Manson:
... I don't have to go to the pep rallies: usually I just hide out in the band room.

I used to do that to. I miss those good ol' days. yet, in some ways my life is easier now.
Posts: 228 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2003 17:11      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemydualg4:
bah
pep rally tuesday [Frown]

lol what are you complaining about?

your on a team you get to be honored [Razz]

--------------------
its been a while

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture