homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » You know you're a geek when. . . (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: You know you're a geek when. . .
Lumox
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2404

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 14, 2003 16:37      Profile for Lumox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...youve played games at a friends house so long, his mom said goodnight to you AND good morning. and you were in the same server.
...you think about how you downloads are doing while in class.
...your notes are written IN code.
...better yet, in code on your Ti.
...youve drank so many caffeinated drinks, that if tested, you would probably have a blood caffeine content [crazy]
...during school or at work you wish you were gaming.
...you've used "rtfm noob" when someone asked you directions
...you read ASCII and Numbers as fluently as you do letters.
...when someone says "box" you think computer.
...you stick your tounge out in sickness at a beige box.
...you agree with someone if they say "you like balls"

and lastly. you dont have a server, yet you are running a RAID 0+1 in your leet box.

--------------------
Visit me on Gamespot

Posts: 35 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 08:43      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... when your wife asks if you have a log for the fireplace, and you think to yourself, "Why does she think I keep a record of fireplace usage? Should I be?" And 10 seconds later you realize she means a piece of wood. (Actual true story)
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 08:54      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh, QF-I needed that!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 09:11      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
... when your wife asks if you have a log for the fireplace, and you think to yourself...

i don't feel like sex tonight, not
Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 12:13      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...you watch The Matrix Reloaded, to quote my away message at the time:
quote:
Watching the Matrix Reloaded as it's meant to be watched :-D.
Quoth Cypher: I don't see the code, I just see blonde, redhead, brunette...
See for yourself (look from >=3 feet away):

Yeah, aaxine is awesome...and one is probably more of a ridiculous geek for making a screenshot of it [Wink] , found here.
Look at it from at least 1 meter away to make some sense of it. It looks a lot better full screen, from tty1, with 1024x768 pixels worth of text (I don't know the col x rows of it ATM.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 12:58      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff: ... when your wife asks if you have a log for the fireplace, and you think to yourself...
i don't feel like sex tonight, not
Heh, I may be a geek, but I'm not stupid.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shapeshifter
Geek
Member # 2105

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 14:36      Profile for Shapeshifter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...your most recent pickup line is "Hey baby, want to see the magnitude of my vector?"

--------------------
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying.
-Woody Allen

Posts: 152 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 23:11      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shapeshifter:
...your most recent pickup line is "Hey baby, want to see the magnitude of my vector?"

Did it work?
Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
gizmo53
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2003 19:25      Profile for gizmo53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you know you're a geek when...

someone asks a rhetorical or "i wonder..." question, and you have an answser within a few seconds thanks to your Danger Sidekick

Dont know if thats funny or not, but it hapens to me a lot (except @ school. I am convinced our town made sure the cell towers couldn't cover the school. Then again, connecticut is the worst state for cell coverage...

--------------------
Any security that is based upon secrets eventually fails -Steve Jobs

Posts: 17 | From: Darien, CT | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2003 17:05      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...when someone asks you to rate something on a 1-10 scale and you wonder if it's logarithmic.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
mongoose
Geek
Member # 1991

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2003 03:57      Profile for mongoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you really want to take the PSATs, that would be me today...

--------------------
"information superhighway" is just an anagram for "i'm on a huge wispy rhino fart". - www.bsd.org

Posts: 141 | From: There's a NEW Jersey? | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2003 04:05      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

*grumble grumble*standardized testing*grumble*
Speaking of which... [Frown]

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2003 21:11      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I quite enjoyed the math section. The math section on form S was a laugh.
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2003 22:06      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-You begin counting at zero
-You call more than one Kleenex Kleenices without thinking. (after all, that's how it is for vertex...)
-You have ever taught a clas/lesson in your highschool/college
-You gave the lesson without any preparation (it was on Fractal Geometry)
-You read more web comics than real comics

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
karasutengu
19740621|no
Member # 2377

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2003 00:41      Profile for karasutengu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...when your comic book budget starts to rival your food budget.
...when you spend all night planning the layout, water cooling, and cost of your next lan-PC.
...if you know what a Peltier device is.
...if you have a Peltier device.

Posts: 16 | From: Side 7 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
mongoose
Geek
Member # 1991

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2003 16:56      Profile for mongoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tut-an-Geek:
quote:

I quite enjoyed the math section. The math section on form S was a laugh.
I beleive that would be the form I got. I think I did very well on it. So what did you put for the Major and Career sections? I put 400 on both, "Engineering"

-Mongoose!

Posts: 141 | From: There's a NEW Jersey? | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2003 15:51      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I beleive that would be the form I got. I think I did very well on it. So what did you put for the Major and Career sections? I put 400 on both, "Engineering"

-Mongoose!

those 2 questions were the hardest part of Form S

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
mad4u689
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2419

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted October 25, 2003 18:43      Profile for mad4u689     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bleh. Form S wasn't that easy. Alright, yeah, the math was pretty silly... but one stupid mistake will bring you down from an 800 to like a 750 :\. And the verbal... Don't laugh, but I forgot what "tacit" meant. And some of the reading comp questions seemed a bit ambiguous to me... [Razz]
Posts: 1 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mercury_Blue
Geek
Member # 2322

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2003 06:28      Profile for Mercury_Blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know you're a geek when you want something to eat, and your pointer moves towards your K-Lite icon.

You know you're a geek when you have a stick of RAM dangling from your school backpack.

You know you're a geek when your friend says the word "transform", and the "transformers" theme starts playing in your head.

You know you're a geek when you draw anatomical drawings of a dragon during class.

You know you're a geek when you make the plural of anything that sounds like it ends with "us", "i". (Genius/Genii, Bus/Bi...hehe..heh...*hides*)

You know you're a geek when you have combed your hair with a processor (*looks at old Pentium sitting in between the towers of coffee mugs*)

You know you're a geek when you have a habit of calling stupid people "nerfherders" when you pass them by.

You know you're a geek when you do field studies on preps. "Look at the way they move in packs!" "Fascinating" "There...a bull of their tribe" "See the way they surround him and fight to be the first to mate". (Later, in the girl's restroom): "Look at the way they apply the substances. Some sort of camoflauge perhaps?" "Maybe, maybe. But look at this. Another one of their species is entering. Telling each other about the bull of their species and the first female to mate? What's this? An intelligent exchange of information?" "Very interesting indeed...""Oh, no! We have been detected. Flee, my collegue, flee!" "OUCH! Well, it seems that they deal with intruders by employing their flat palm as a bludgeoning weapon!" "OUCH Yes OUCH very interesting! OUCH" ...sorry. Got a bit carried away there, but seriously, I did that one time (not the restroom bit, but the other one) and they really do move in packs and surround the "bull". Funny stuff.

--------------------
~~~The Geek Will Inherit the Earth~~~

Posts: 215 | From: Radioactive Wastland of Tzi-lak | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2003 13:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mercury_Blue:

You know you're a geek when you have a stick of RAM dangling from your school backpack.

You know you're a geek when you have a tie-pin made from an old intel CPU.

(yes, 'twas my first 8088, carefully ground back to reveal the silicon and metal inside, then covered with clear epoxy. My way of geekifying a suit-and-tie job)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture