homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Foundry!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foundry!
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2003 21:51      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
close up 1 close up 2 The whole picture
spent all evening configuring that. YAY
purdy lights. I = in love [Smile]

hi-res pics you have been warned.courtesy my brand new olympus d560 zoom [Smile]
i am so spoilt (by myself)..... [Smile] [shake head]

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2003 23:32      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, I was hoping it was an abandoned building [Frown] .

Pretty sweet, though [Wink] .

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 04:17      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great!

(what is it?)

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 04:53      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
Great!

(what is it?)

ARGH?!
you DONT know what it is?
what kind of a geek are you......
its a coffee cup holder [Roll Eyes]
i'm dissapointed [shake head]

--------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 04:57      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Slurpy:
Aww, I was hoping it was an abandoned building [Frown] .

Pretty sweet, though [Wink] .

my desk looks like its been abandoned or worse.....

and yes its pretty sweet.....
i = in love.....

--------------------

littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 06:13      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'd guess it was a 24 port router, but if it took you all evening to configure one of those, what kind of geek are you?

Oh, and disappointed-one 's' two 'p's.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 07:05      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet, Mephisto!
Welcome back!
Haven't seen you in a while!
Still together with Annie?

So you spent all last night doing hard core core coding? [Big Grin]

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 19:54      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemydualg4:
Sweet, Mephisto!
Welcome back!
Haven't seen you in a while!
Still together with Annie?

So you spent all last night doing hard core core coding? [Big Grin]

i am round and around. as for annie, we discuss kids..... regularly.....when we do not know. but there will be babies/kids/child processes......whatever.....

we have a name if we have a daughter.....she will be our cute little widdle emily [Smile]

we get plenty of practice in.....now to see how well we do in production mode.....(so lame i know but had to say it)

i didnt spend all night doing core coding. the morons didnt give me the ips till like 9 pm on a friday night. as for configuring routers, i believe you do it once and you do it right not every two days....... [Smile] if i wanted that path, 30 mins would be long enough. had a buncha stuff to do to bring up the new datacenter..... yay

als o a question to the geeks is 22-23 too young to buy a bmw?
i think about that too......been holding myself back but what the hey..... [Big Grin]

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 19:56      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ps: i write rules and configs by hand. not by using either ironview or using the web interface....
ha, eat packets geeks !

--------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 20:05      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
what kind of geek are you?

lets see..... what kind of geek am i?
i am senior dev. network dood. manager of both tech and customer support, pre and post sales technical guy......(soon i want the vp's job, but thats gonna be a tough sell to do to the prez, maybe at this rate not soo tough). and thats just the job related stuff....off the job, the list gets wayyyy longer.
i think i do too much and been at the company a little to long.....but i loove it.....

as for the language. i have spell check on word, and my email client and i aint not a english major. capisce?
[Razz]
had to do that to bug the nit pickers.

--------------------

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 20:39      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
quote:
what kind of geek are you?

lets see..... what kind of geek am i?
i am senior dev. network dood. manager of both tech and customer support, pre and post sales technical guy......(soon i want the vp's job, but thats gonna be a tough sell to do to the prez, maybe at this rate not soo tough). and thats just the job related stuff....off the job, the list gets wayyyy longer.
i think i do too much and been at the company a little to long.....but i loove it.....

as for the language. i have spell check on word, and my email client and i aint not a english major. capisce?
[Razz]
had to do that to bug the nit pickers.

So it's the same job? [Big Grin]
Anyway... Tripple post!!!
I guess you're allowed to 'cuz you haven't been arround for a while [Smile]

Oh, and way only has one "y" [Wink]

[devil wand]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2003 20:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who doesn't like that silly little |devilwand| graemlin? I just don't like it...[/rant]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2003 00:03      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me, neither, Dman...we need a drool or a ROTFL one instead.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2003 11:20            Edit/Delete Post 
dragonman97:
I come halfway between blocking it out, and continuing to wonder what on earth it's meant to represent. I also think the |hearts| one is getting abused. It was really sweet when, I think, you, used it for the first time with genuine meaning, but it will soon be worthless at the rate of meaningless use it's getting.

IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2003 14:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh? [hearts] I haven't seen too <3 many [hearts] instances <3 of it <3 being overused [hearts] meaninglessly [hearts] except by about [hearts] [hearts] two [hearts] [hearts] people, who will remain nameless <3.

^_~.

P.S. a. The above |hearts| were directed at someone who is in AK now, and no one else ^_^. b. Yes, I did type all that by hand - I don't need no stinkin' GUI to do this stuff for me - although it might not be good for my hand w.r.t. my RSI of late, but frankly, the mouse is *much* worse for that stuff.

P.P.S. Hahaha - I just got a UBB error, and so I have replaced a few |hearts| with the silliness that some girls I know use [ <3 ], and anime-style emoticons. Total number of images used pre-cleanup - 13 ^_~
quote:
We cannot process your posting, because you have exceeded the maximum number of images allowed per post. The current maximum is 8.
Oh yeah, I'm getting fscking pissed off with UBB - I hate this bloody "Parentheses & HTML tag" nonesense - if "HTML is not enabled," then why does it give a fsck. This post has just had all its less-than signs replaced with amp.lt;'s now...let's try again.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2003 17:21            Edit/Delete Post 
Ah... anime smileys. Remind me of someone I used to know who used those - still a cute sight.
TouchStone
Mini Geek
Member # 1453

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted May 28, 2003 17:40      Profile for TouchStone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
als o a question to the geeks is 22-23 too young to buy a bmw?

I had a BMW at 23 (no longer have it). Although it seems to put you in a different social pigeon hole than geek. [shake head] My current car cost more, but now I don't get jokes like:

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW.

Posts: 81 | From: Behind a coffee cup | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2003 09:45      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the only way I would have a bmw at 23 and in school is if my daddy bought me one [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2003 05:21      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going with either an Rsx s-type or Eagle talon 97 for now. Allows me to save enough on parts to buy a Lexus at 26 [Smile] . I am going to be making six figures by then..... [Smile]
now to stop working 12 hour days coding.

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2003 05:22      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by addiew:
the only way I would have a bmw at 23 and in school is if my daddy bought me one [Roll Eyes]

my parents wouldnt buy me underwear let alone a BMW. loool

--------------------

BellaDonna
Geek
Member # 2123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2003 07:47      Profile for BellaDonna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mephisto: I've got a RSX, but I wanted a type-s. I ended up with the base model cause the type-s was a bit more than we wanted to spend and it didn't make sense to buy such a sporty little car for just going to and from the busstop. Though its become our weekend car, so my husband gets a chance to drive it. Really love that car! He's thinking of getting the type-s for his next car. I'm looking at the TSX (though I just got my RSX 6 months ago). Its a nice big sedan for making/putting kids in the back...

--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein

Matt Mayers
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2003 09:38            Edit/Delete Post 
it's pretty... i wish i had one myself...
[Smile]

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture