homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » An Insane Theories page (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: An Insane Theories page
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted December 22, 2002 16:29      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that we should ask nitrozac to re-do this page to include an Insane Theories section, where we could banter insane/not so insane theories around, conspiracy theories as well.

What does everyone else think about it? [Confused]

--------------------
Geekier Than Thou. I think academically so therefore I'm a geek?

Ah the wonders of the crowd.

Posts: 485 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2002 17:21      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like a great thread, but it's own forum?

Nice insaine theory to begin with.

I have a theory that the misery of a lonely person is amplified by the number of people he comes across. (that indeed being near people who aren't loney, but still feeling isolated) Thus explaining why Hermits are quite content lonely people, and why near holidays we see an increase suicides and posts from people seeking relationships.

I have a theory that Clark Kent isn't Super Man, that we've been lied to for all these years. I'd venture that it was Jimmy who really is super man.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
NefariousAnthony
Geek
Member # 1720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2002 18:45      Profile for NefariousAnthony   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Latest Theory
Posts: 201 | From: The Deep South, y'all | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted December 22, 2002 18:47      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a theory on how to solve the ozone problem-
you know how when you fire a laser it generates ozone because of the extreme heat right? Well this is my idea- you get a small laser and put it into a sealed room with walls of solar panals, and then you fill the room with pure oxygen, to minimalise waste gases, then you fire the laser. The oxygen would rapidly converted into ozone and the solar cells would absorb back the power used, mabey you could have something to absorb the heat as well. Then you turn off the laser and extract the pure ozone from the air contained inside the chamber.

You might not have to create a new section for this idea of mine but mabey put it under the geek talk section since it fits in there.

--------------------

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2002 20:08      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
life is a complicated computer program - written by lazy coders

people die because of flaws

or not....
but the matrix is still there.....

Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2002 21:13      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no problem in generating ozone. Ozone is a big problem down here near the ground. The problem is getting it up to the ozone layer in meaningful quantities.

How about this: Send a fleet of stratellites (high altitude autonomous balloons) that have solar powered tesla coils (or other electrical device that generates ozone) into the ozone holes.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted December 22, 2002 23:56      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with that is that all the energy used by the laser/telsa coil isn't recovered, with the sealed chamber thing, most of the energy is recovered, solar panels just getting sun energy wouldn't be enough. But if the laser was surrounded by solar cells, some energy is recovered, so not as mutch has to be recovered from the sun.

--------------------

LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 09:15      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
Seems like a great thread, but it's own forum?

Nice insaine theory to begin with.

I have a theory that Clark Kent isn't Super Man, that we've been lied to for all these years. I'd venture that it was Jimmy who really is super man.

Close, but I think it's really a very butch Lois Lane.

Who would guess Superman was a transvestite?

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 09:18      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LifetimeTrekker:

Who would guess Superman was a transvestite?

Well, he does wear tights. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 10:08      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wild theory, THE OZONE IS NOT A PROBLEM.... there was never any reason to believe it was complete in the first place, and in the past few years it has been closing... But if there really is a reason to close it, let's kill three birds with one stone... SBS, Solar Power Satltilies that micro-wave beam the energy collected back to the earth. The microwave beem should generate enough ozone to close the hole licky-split... The Added advantages are:
- No longer dependant on maglomaniacs for our power supplies (oil).
- A anti-nuke weapon that can aso be used to fend off allien invaders and fry countries that threaten us (by tumbling tall buildings with our own air plane).
- Fixing what wasn't broken, but now the ill informed will stop worring about hairspray (which most no longer contain CFCs anywho).

--------------------
My Site

Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 13:36      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for space based weaponry!

I think that current UN treaties forbid such things, though. Or maybe not.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 18:40      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a really good thing to post on this page, but I didn't sign in at first and all the stuff I wrote got erased and I don't have the energy to write it again. I'll write it later. [Smile]

---Slightly lazy and irratated, C.P.

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 20:04      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a theory that this is the hundred millionth time I am writing this post, because The Big Bang has taken place that many times, and some time after each Big Bang all the matter in the universe was redrawn into exactly the same formation it was originally in, and then it reexploded in exactly the same manner with exactly the same force, etc, resulting in the world being exactly the same to the last detail. Or, in less rambling fashion - we've gone through countless Big Crunches and Big Bangs, and each one has been exactly the same.

I also have a theory that there is a porcelain figurine of Santa Claus that has come to life and now lives under my bed, whispering "Ho, ho, ho" into my dreams as I sleep at night [Smile]

sky

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 20:14      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sky - The first one is a normal and widely accepted theory. The second is very disturbing and I think you should get out more [Wink]

Lumina - So it was, like, a bummer? (beep beep bleep)

--------------------

skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 20:17      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lex - Damn! And I thought I was being original... *grins*

And as for the Santa thing... if you could hear what I hear... then you'd know... *looks around the room with shifty eyes and nods*

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 23, 2002 20:30      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He knows when you are sleeping...he knows when you're awake...he knows when you've been bad or good... [Eek!]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted December 23, 2002 20:39      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe every person has their own little Santa living under their bed, whispering things in your dreams, and writing down your deepest darkest secrets with a little porcelain ballpoint, on a little porcelain scroll of paper...

Maybe the porcelain Santas have corporate sponsorship, and, they get paid fifty bucks an hour to send subliminal messages to you, reminding you that "McDonalds fries are twice as crispy as their nearest competitor", or letting you know that "the new Eminem CD is just what your Grandma wants for Christmas"...

Be afraid. Be very nikeairmaxjustdoit afraid...

sky

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 20:45      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To cure this little "problem" you might be recomended for therapy, but i know a cheaper solution: Saw the legs off your bed [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 20:49      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A good idea in theory - but we all know that of course his little porcelain spirit will escape from his crushed body, sprout wings, obtain some jangly sleigh bells and go hide in the dusty space above the curtain rail... there is no killing this thing, people - it is out to get us all!!!

sky

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 23, 2002 20:56      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel so special! i got included in the titbits section on the homepage!!! Thanks everyone for making this topic big enough to be noticed!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] I would have added more smiles but the max images is 8.

--------------------

GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2002 20:59      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar: there is no killing this thing, people - it is out to get us all!!!

sky[/QB]

Well I have a solution!! Get a giant easter bunny and a sign saying: this town ain't big enough for the both of us! And lots of little bunnies around it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 25, 2002 19:25      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, here it is. [Smile] It has a lot of flaws in it, but me and my little brother have put this together so here it goes:

About two years ago, the Lakers started off the back-to-back victory in the World Championships. Around that time, greedy venders decided that this would be a good time to disperse items emblazened with the Laker's logo on it. Such items included shirts, cups, caps, and more importantly, flags. These flags where able to fit between the crack of your window when a special upside-down shaped piece was fitted into the window. This allowed all true die-hard Laker fans (or otherwise) to show off their team spirit. The roads were spotted with these flags and ran anywhere from $10-40 dollars. Pretty steep, but that's the price that was paid.
Around this time, there was a heatwave of sorts hitting the Southern California area. Tempuratures rose from high double to triple digits. It was so hot that when you stood in the traffic of the Los Angeles area, an open window did no one justice. You couldn't even get enough air through the car because of the Laker flag wedged between one of the windows. So you had to settle for the air conditioning in your car.
At the same time, there was a major increase in the price for gasoline to fill your car up. The prices were anywhere from $2.50-$3.00 per gallon. That's a lot for gas, especially when everyone under the So.Cal. sun has an SUV, SUVs adorn with Laker flags. So while the demand for air conditioning increased, which decreases the amount of gas in one's car, so did the demand for very expensive gasoline.
My theory is that gasoline price moderators saw all these items in play:
  • Laker's Championship win eminent
    Souvenier oppertunities
    Increasing Gasoline prices
    Increasing Temperature
and siezed this oppertunity to produce a product that would ensure the rise in gasoline intake no matter what the price. Therefor, Laker flags were born and distributed everywhere!
There's our little theory. Goodnight!
Oh, and one more thing:
quote:
Lumina - So it was, like, a bummer? (beep beep bleep)
What's that supposed to mean? I'm confused. [Confused]

---So...cold..., C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2002 22:21      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
A good idea in theory - but we all know that of course his little porcelain spirit will escape from his crushed body, sprout wings, obtain some jangly sleigh bells and go hide in the dusty space above the curtain rail... there is no killing this thing, people - it is out to get us all!!!

sky

Ahhh, you must learn to control your porcelain santa. Given that he stays up trying to subliminally nike... influence you it is likely he sleeps during the day. ... on a Serta... because of this you may wish to try sending him subliminal messages. ... Guinness is good for you. I would be interested to see how this works for you Sky. [Smile]

-Shadow
END OF LINE

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2002 23:34      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Multi- Big bangs... Humbug. The scientist have been saying that for years, and I don't buy it! There is this little knowen thing called enertia, that says that all objects in motion will continue in a straight line unless acted on by another force or object. At the same time, the attraction of gravity between any two given objects decresses as the distance is widened. So, if everything originated at one point (in time and space), and spilled outward, there would be no reason to think that there would ever be a force great enough to pull everything back in. If you think that matter is constantly being created, until the density of the center of the univere is large enough to create a gravitational feild large enough to pull all object back to (0,0,0) then you also have believe that matter is infinate (that is that more is always added) infinate matter would mean that the desity of light facing the origin would be considerably morepopulated with starts (to the point that the night sky facing the origin) would be completely white at night, and as bright as day (even taking into acount the dark spots of Blackholes) unless you have a container of dark matter to show me [Smile] .

Santa Clause... Heh, I think your a few sandwhiches short of a picnic. Actually, my assumtion would be dwarfs or goblins have decieved you... Under the bed is indeed a tween, and England is Fay Folk Country. Perhaps what you need is Gnome Away or a friendly house broken Troll to take care of the problem.... The Troll would require payment of a young one to fufill the order (who will be transformed into a Troll as well), I hope you don't mind letting a family member or friend being turned into a Troll. [Smile] Besides, this theory would fit with the subliminal advertisment, they've been making people believe things since the dawn of time... Like: "We don't exsist," "Communism can't fail," "The hole in the ozone will kill us all," "Goverment is your friend," and of course "Microsoft Works!"

I have a theory that Bill Gates and Hilary Clinton are the same person. Ever notice that you never see them together? Notice that they never talk about each other. Notice how manly Hilary is and how girly Gates is?

I have the theory that the knowable "universe" that we preceive is just the vast empty space of a larger particle that makes up another larger universe...

--------------------
My Site

greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted December 27, 2002 10:06      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
There is this little knowen thing called enertia, that says that all objects in motion will continue in a straight line unless acted on by another force or object. [...] So, if everything originated at one point (in time and space), and spilled outward, there would be no reason to think that there would ever be a force great enough to pull everything back in.

Um... not to burst your bubble, but....

Take a small rubber ball and hold it in one hand. Now throw it in the air. Observe the system for a moment: you have one object (the ball) flying away from another object (the earth) with a gravitational force between them.

What happens next?

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture