homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Ultimate Broadband!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ultimate Broadband!
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 21:02      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5.44 Gbps sustained over 30 minutes...sweeeeet [Cool]

article here at http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/10/15/internet.speed.reut/index.html

As the article says, It'll be commonplace in the "relatively near future" [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2003 05:03      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And of course, it'll be the spammers who will be queueing up for it. [weep] [cry baby] [shake head]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
unclefungus
Highlie
Member # 2118

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 16, 2003 06:00      Profile for unclefungus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
um, what where they transfering? it couldn't have been just random data. And for such a record to be placed, they do have some slow web servers!

--------------------
Professional software should not have dancing paperclips.

Posts: 613 | From: changes, right now it's Jacksonville or Fayetteville | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sinn
Mini Geek
Member # 2111

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2003 07:12      Profile for Sinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO doubt their slow webserving can be attributed to the slashdotting they just got. In my opinion, they are lucky to still be standing.

--------------------
Sin is a dangerous toy in the hands of the virtuous. It should be left to the congenitally sinful, who know when to play with it and when to let it alone.

Posts: 64 | From: Kerhonkson, NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mongoose
Geek
Member # 1991

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 16, 2003 15:31      Profile for mongoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Schweet! Yet another item to add to my want list... with a BMW X8, a drivers license... to young right now, 1100 G5's, so much more, mmm... donuts.

-Mongoose!

--------------------
"information superhighway" is just an anagram for "i'm on a huge wispy rhino fart". - www.bsd.org

Posts: 141 | From: There's a NEW Jersey? | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture