homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » uk journal (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: uk journal
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2003 15:28      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so where are we? oh yeah, wednesday. another beautiful day, can you believe it? cheezi has an interesting day, when he talks to a few people about the boss of the place he works. he knew the business was bankrupt, but now he finds out that loads of people are trying to find the boss, to have a serious chat with him (with lots of hand signals, know what i mean?). oh well...

off to sunny lunnon on the bus and a walk around, before having a traditional lunch of fish'n'chips. then into the centre to scratch jess's shopping itch. cheezi showed previously unknown depths when he pointed out a marc jacobs sale. evil words were all around, discount, offer, 70% discount, but jessy resisted those. then from 50 feet away a little black number caught her attention. "jessy, jessy, buy me" it whispered. 2oh, it won't be in my size" she said. unfortunately it fitted her. "i'll maybe try it on, but it won't look good". it looked great! so it was a done thing!

then after an iced cafe latte, we walked through convent garden, where a general-motors-car-seat-belt belt was a much have. the irony was not lost on jess, who said that buying an american belt in london was okay, cos she bought some dm's in new york.

in the market there were people who were doing street art, and there was an incredible tumbler who dived through the arms of someone who was holding their arms high in a circle-shape.

then off for a bev with hey-u, who hasn't changed much since we last saw him, and is still a tip top geezer. we had a great meal at rasa samudra on charlotte street. nibbles with pickles to start, washed down with a mango lassi, then jess had a great crab dish (not too spicy), i had an aubergine and coconut dish, and hey-u had a spinach curry. fully stuffed and sated we dawdled down to the train station and said goodbye. the cat and the cheez are off to edinburgh tomorrow to terrorise scotland. och ay the noo, the noo!!!

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 20, 2003 15:53      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have much to add here, except to gush a bit about what a great time we had with Hey-U. (I had missed out on the first meeting, so I'm allowed to go into it a bit!)
Anyway, it was like the whole trip has been... really really fun cool smart hilarious friends people who are instant life-long friends. Or something like that. And I'm not even drunk and sentimentally weeping into my vodka right now!
NOT ONLY is Hey-U a "diamond geezer" (I'm slowly picking up on the vernacular) but he is also about to get his first Mac! a 12" PowerBook! So he can have 12" dreams as sweet as mine were!!! [Wink]
And we're gonna get matching tatoos, to go with our (yes, I said "our") piercings! Hey-U can provide more detail if he so chooses. [evil]

Oh yeah... the black dress is sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

And I bought Percy Pigs from Marks & Spencer.

And foot spray and eye cream from Boots. I have it on good authority from my more Euro-savvy girlfriends that there is nothing better!

What else? Oooohhhh the fish and chips...mmmmmmmm....

Well, off to bed, the Scotland for some more ummm good food? yeah, thanks for that article, Allan. Can't wait. Really. [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2003 16:07      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget to try the haggis [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2003 22:59      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cap'n, *where* did you find that picture? It's dis-gus-ting... and very, very funny!
[Wink]
cheezi, Jess, have a great time in Scotland...
[Smile]

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2003 23:06      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Jessycat: So he can have 12" dreams as sweet as mine were!!!
*ahem*...
...but I won't be using it as a rule... (sorry! [Wink] )

quote:
Hey-U can provide more detail if he so chooses.
Ha! I'll show 'em mine if you show 'em yours!
[Razz]

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 21, 2003 00:38      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You do *know* that the powerbook range is due for revision like tomorrow don't you? so I trust you'll be getting an updated model...
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 00:48      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'd seen something about that, here:

http://www.powerpage.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/powerpage.woa/wa/story?newsID=11323

and here:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/augustpowerbooks.html

...but they're both a little unclear on the details of the 12" PB...

ThinkSecret even says "The company is also readying an update to the 12-inch PowerBook, but that release will follow behind. That upgrade should be ready for release in September."

So I don't really know what to do...

It's got to be the 12" PB because that's as much dosh as I could prise out of the bank (and about as much free space as I have in the flat)...

Think I may have to do the rounds (window-shopping and seeing if any of the resellers have any idea of what's happening) this weekend and then make a decision from there.

There're also then questions of pricing and availability to consider...

[Confused]

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 00:59      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey-U, Cool I didn't want you to get that sinking feeling following the elation of your powerbook turning up and a week later there's one with a 1Ghz chip, better graphics and a sexy illuminating keyboard* for the same money.

* collected wisdom of the current rumours

Anyway getting back on the thread... Only 2 and a half hours until I meet Cheezi and Jess!!

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 01:13      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, thanks for that, it's appreciated - strangely enough, we were talking last night about the sinking feeling of buying a new toy only to find it had been superseded by the time you get it home...

Anyway, say hi to Jessy and the cheez, I just know you're all going to have a really great time...
[Smile]

snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 04:36      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you guys got piercings WITHOUT me????? [cry baby]

Hey-U-why cant you come to \edinburgh for the weekend??

ok-all I have to add here....**SPOILERS**

spungo and cheezi were the PERFECT gentlemen the entire time i was there(bummer). They lugged our(very heavy) bags around the train and tube, insisted on paying for everything, and let me lean on them all the way home when I developed painful blood blisters on both feet., They are genuine geeks with hearts of gold.The same goes for hey-U, but that was as expected, of course.

I miss you guys!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 05:29      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
snupy: you guys got piercings WITHOUT me?????
Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but I got mine a l-o-n-g time ago...
[Wink]
What it was, the subject sort-of came up last night - that's where the notion of us all getting the GC talking heads tattooed on our butts came up (one per cheek - but learning to wiggle to get their mouths moving might take some practise [Razz] )

quote:
snups: Hey-U-why cant you come to \edinburgh for the weekend
I would have been well into that - but I really do have stupid boring work-y things to do...
[Frown]
Could be the incentive I need to set up remote access to the server, though... Then I could just VPN in from anywhere - London, Edinburgh... <innocent>NooYawk...</innocent> (You guys do have the internet in the US, don't you? [Wink] )

Ooohhh... *Now* I've done it...

quote:
I miss you guys!
Awww... [Embarrassed] (GROUP HUG EVERYONE!!!)

Snups, have a great time with the rest of the crew - and, if you can, keep this Journal going! It's becoming essential reading!

[Big Grin]

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 21, 2003 09:31      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
/me Confirms Cheezi and Jess's safe arrival in bonnie Scotland, and that I got to hump the suitcase all the way along Princess street, and then as an encore up 4 flights of stairs. Fortunately the festival is on so nobody batted an eyelid.

More later...

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 09:54      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm back from Loch Tay, but very very tired. What's the plan for tomorrow- I might take the day off work!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 10:01      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Jess or Snup gets their suitcase humped more on this trip when all is said and done?

Keep score girls....and post details. [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 11:22      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allan, Cap'n: LOL [Big Grin]

quote:
Keep score girls....and post details.
Definitely!
The more lurid, the better...
[Razz]

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 11:32      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe S&N can set up a password protected 'adult thread' so we can get all the details without disturbing our younger/more sensitive readers [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 11:50      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, I reckon anyone who hangs at GC is already pretty disturbed [crazy]

Anyway, having met all these young folks lately, I've been disturbed at what a sheltered life I've led...
[Wink]

Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 16:47      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
I wonder if Jess or Snup gets their suitcase humped more on this trip when all is said and done?

Keep score girls....and post details. [Big Grin]

The hell with this luggage vs. luggage competition... I'm hoping to personally give my suitcase a run for it's money in said humping department. [Wink]
Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 17:13      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so in bonnie scotland, after a really early start. 4:30am, is this sane? no problems getting to station. we meet an old lady from white plains new york who is the type i love. the type that is phased by nothing, and could face down a mugger. she had had a melanoma and she was like yeah, whatever, you know you gotta live life. then a sleep on the train in what must be the most uncomfortable seats in the world. there was a bit of a drama on the train. we had bought business saver tickets for the train, then the conductor said, "a reminder for our customers, the business savers are not valid on this train" anyway the illogical british rail shit worked out and suddenly we were with allan in edinburgh.

i had humped jessy's luggage all across london and to admit to you, dear readers, i was a little bit sore. so i was relieved when allan took over. there is only so much humping the cheez can do! at the bed and breakfast, appropriately enough we were installed in the burns room, allan obviously appreciated the fact that maybe we were more suited to the burns deparment of the nearest hospital (rabbie burns is the foremost author/poet of scotland).

a splendid lunch, courtesy of allan, who turns out to be a very funny and sound bloke. allan leaves to see a man about a dog, and jess and cheezi go back to the room, where we meet nanette, jess' boss who no one knows, who has come over from the states. this no one knows theme is fairly predominate this holiday, no?

we then went to see andy parsons, a stand up comedian who was funny without being devastating, then another few moist refreshments. allan then invited everyone back to his sister's (what a gent!) where good wine was supped.

snups: keep us posted!

love peace cheez and haggis to all

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 17:26      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo! White Plains is represented [Wink] . I somehow feel like I'm there vicariously, even if from a very strange countryman, er, woman. Okay, White Plains isn't quite my hometown, but it's 5 mins from work, and they have an Apple Store [Big Grin] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 18:18      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessycat:
The hell with this luggage vs. luggage competition... I'm hoping to personally give my suitcase a run for it's money in said humping department. [Wink]

You go girl!!

Cheez man...you may want to try this Udder Butter if you are chaffing up from all the baggage humping. I swear by it. [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 22:11      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even want to know how you know about that stuff

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2003 00:43      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cap'n: U funny bruv, entertainment value of that post is 100%... ROFL [Big Grin]

So - Scottish contingent - no excuses for non-stop luggage-humping then! He he udder butter indeed [Big Grin]

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2003 06:44      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few products made for animal use are also good for humans. There's a shampoo and conditioner for horses called Mane and Tail that a lot of people use. I've used it myself when I had long hair.
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2003 08:11      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hippies, eh?
[Wink]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture