homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Mr. and Mr. Canada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr. and Mr. Canada
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 17:48      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or Mrs. and Mrs. Canada.

Canada is pushing through legislation to allow same sex marriages, becoming the third country where it is legal.

Read More

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 18, 2003 18:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... not that there's anything wrong with that. [Smile]

except in Alberta, of course.

Posts: 8169 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 19:06      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There have already been a few same sex marriges in Ontario since their provincial gov't okayed it. The Federal gov't is not expected to appeal it.

Long past due, like leagalizing pot, women getting the vote etc. Sure many of the right wingers and 'rednecks' will be quivvering in their boots insucure with their own sexuality thinking someone is gonna make 'em gay.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 21:37      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Sure many of the right wingers and 'rednecks' will be quivvering in their boots insucure with their own sexuality thinking someone is gonna make 'em gay.

Thank you for putting it that way, Cap'n. I'd never understood homophobia before, but I think that makes it pretty clear.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted June 18, 2003 22:48      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
... not that there's anything wrong with that. [Smile]

I'm not making any judgements, just passing along the news. It surprised me when I saw it on the news today. I don't really know why. It just wasn't something I had ever thought about. [ohwell] Now my friend Jeremy has another place to go to besides Vermont if he ever wants to tie the knot.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 19, 2003 08:17      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OT: PB.. you know I was doing a "Sienfeld"?

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Makeup/1046/The_outing.txt

Posts: 8169 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 08:23      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmm... Seinfeld... So sad that it had to end, and so horribly... ah well.

Frankly, I say it's about time. Accursed redneck pigs and their stupid.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 08:37      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Snaggy, I never watched Seinfeld. I saw one or two episodes, but I didn't really care for the show.
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 08:40      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!! [Wink]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 08:49      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....I drive to lesbianism.....he brings 'em back.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 11:26      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PB you're in good company. Some very fine geeks didn't like Seinfeld. [Big Grin]
Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 19:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could never understand homophobes.

On the one hand, they go on and on about how 'unnatural' homosexuality is.
On the other hand, they think that a whole generation of young people will turn queer if they see a gay kiss on 'Ellen'.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted June 20, 2003 00:01      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And we hardly need to get into the

Lesbian=good

Gay=bad.... [Mad] [Mad] [shake head] [shake head]

--------------------
Geekier Than Thou. I think academically so therefore I'm a geek?

Ah the wonders of the crowd.

Posts: 485 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2003 02:24      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bregalad:
PB you're in good company. Some very fine geeks didn't like Seinfeld. [Big Grin]

Hrmmphh! I'm with Snupes on this one. How can anyone not like Seinfeld? Even if you do not like the humour or most of the characters, how can you not adore Kramer?

Brilliant show.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2003 03:13      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what the Hell's happening to Canada? First, they legalise dope, now same-sex marriages - did it get invaded by the Netherlands when no one was looking?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2003 08:05      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
quote:
Originally posted by Bregalad:

Hrmmphh! I'm with Snupes on this one. How can anyone not like Seinfeld? Even if you do not like the humour or most of the characters, how can you not adore Kramer?

Brilliant show.

I knew I liked you. [Big Grin]

Seinfeld was genius!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2003 08:42      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Yeah, what the Hell's happening to Canada? First, they legalise dope, now same-sex marriages - did it get invaded by the Netherlands when no one was looking?

I dunno, it may have happened as I was stumbling from hash bar to brothel and back again... [Big Grin]

Recently,I have also had an urge to stick my finger in a dike [Eek!]

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2003 08:43      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
I also had an urge to stick my finger in a dike [Eek!]

I thought all men got that urge. [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2003 09:06      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

Oh and don't forget, we recently outlawed dwarf tossing. (People are still doing this?)

What a great country we live in [Smile]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture