homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Uday Hussein

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uday Hussein
raydreams
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2003 09:16            Edit/Delete Post 

IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2003 09:26      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by raydreams:

"The problem for the IOC is going to be when Saddam is overthrown and people walk into the Olympic headquarters and see the torture chamber and the blood on the floor," Forrest says. "What will they say then?"

"How much will you be willing to pay for us to keep silent?" [Wink]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2003 11:03      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by raydreams:
Pretty chilling story...

As Iraq's top Olympic official, Uday Hussein is accused of the torture and murder of athletes who fail to win

Son of Saddam

"The problem for the IOC is going to be when Saddam is overthrown and people walk into the Olympic headquarters and see the torture chamber and the blood on the floor," Forrest says. "What will they say then?"

"Thank God, they weren't using ephedra!"

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr Bill
Assimilated
Member # 553

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 24, 2003 19:40      Profile for Mr Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another reason there is no Iraqi olympic snowboarding team...
Posts: 378 | From: Down the hall, second door on the right | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
neo
Geek
Member # 539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2003 20:54      Profile for neo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe they are trying to make us believe that saddams son is bad and that we will suport the war. never belive what the media says. you haven't heard from thier side. once you have, you'll change your mind.

--------------------
~What lies do you believe?~

Posts: 187 | From: freedom land | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted March 26, 2003 04:24      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neo-
A lot of the issues with BOTH of Saddam's sons was reported long before W. got into office. Look into older news sources. So do a little research and you might be surprised. But my correcting you does not mean that I support this vendetta of W's in any way. I will back the people doing their job as ordered in the military, but my president should be impeached for abuse of power.

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2003 05:03      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by neo:
maybe they are trying to make us believe that saddams son is bad and that we will suport the war. never belive what the media says. you haven't heard from thier side. once you have, you'll change your mind.

Neo, apparently you missed this:
"(SI's attempts to reach Uday for comment through the Iraqi permanent mission to the United Nations were unsuccessful.)"

That would indicate to me that they were attempting to give him a chance to tell his side of the story. Unless of course, that evil leader in the media propaganda campaign, the infamous Sports Illustrated lied about that. You never know.

Seriously, though, I'm having a bit of trouble mustering any sympathy for Iraq's regime. Must be because I'm brainwashed by the media. Or maybe it's because I'm just not fond of a government that will use it's hospitals as military facilities and dress their soldiers as civilians in times of war. "Human shields, anyone?"

I guess if I heard their side of the story, I would understand why a government uses it's people to protect it's military instead of the other way around.

Silly, brainwashed me. I just don't get it.

Posts: 1150 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
raydreams
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2003 07:26            Edit/Delete Post 

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture