homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » O! to be a SuperFan.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: O! to be a SuperFan.
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted December 12, 2002 12:38      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, I cannot think of a member of the forums who would not be a SuperFan given the chance, but I am one of those pathetic few who has not seen the light of SuperFan-dom. Of course, all High-School geeks can relate, and the lack of a stable income makes being a SuperFan a near-impossibility. [Mad]

What is it like being a SuperFan? Besides the whole club-house thing? Do you get a great sense of satisfaction? Happyness? Do women flock to you?

Oh, rest assured dear reader, that I will become a SuperFan when I am able, but until that day, I contemplate, I reflect, I theorize.

And I mope. [Frown]

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2002 17:47      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The women all flock to me [Wink]

Sorry, Oz, perhaps one day you will achieve the lofty heights of Superfandom, which is indeed as close to Enlightenment as you can get without being on the cover of a Beatles album.

Who knows, maybe someone will be a Secret Santa and buy you Superfandom as a Christmas gift - ah, I love it when that happens (especially when I'm on the receiving end [Big Grin] )

sky

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2002 18:04      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely women, satisfaction, happiness, free superfan cruises to exotic locations (remember that trip to the Bahamas, guys?), and that sort of thing.

And don't call me dear.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
csm

SuperFan!
Member # 1281

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2002 19:01      Profile for csm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, citizen, I am a superfan, although I prefer to keep my identity secret. (Hence the "Newbie Larva"). I must say, though, it is pretty damn cool. I was 'Nitrozaced' a while back, and the expressions of "Oh, that's COOL!" from my friends cemented my celebrity stature on the net amongst them. (Or was it my weirdness stature. Who know? Who cares?) And of course the glow of knowing that you're helping to keep Nitro and Snaggy working on a very cool comic keeps you warm at night. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
Objects in signature are funnier than they appear.

Posts: 34 | From: A well connected outhouse in Michigan | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2002 09:00      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been one for long, but being a superfan carries a certain satisfaction...not completely explainable in fact. It's just cool!  -

-SM

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Limac333
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1889

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2002 19:04      Profile for Limac333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow girls and fame does it get any better????
Posts: 48 | From: Cary | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Irene Kelly
Geek
Member # 1476

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2002 23:01      Profile for Irene Kelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i don't know. i've kinda gotten used to being unnoticed and unpopular. And, well sence i'm a girl i really don't need chicks. i guess i'm saying that i dont see the point right off. [Frown]

--------------------
"Sit tight... we're taking you back to... reality! Mwaahaha."
- Irky

Posts: 168 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture