homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » How old is everyone? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: How old is everyone?
evilcrayons
Mini Geek
Member # 1581

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 13, 2002 23:09      Profile for evilcrayons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
18... I'm actually just posting to see if the picture of my piggy works [Smile]

--------------------
I'm not weird, I'm gifted :D

Posts: 50 | From: Tasmania, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 14, 2002 02:18      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I think the transition to adulthood occurred at 25... when I realised with a sinking feeling that I would henceforth no longer tick the box marked '19-24' on marketing questionnaires, but the box marked '25-34' [Frown]

Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 03:48      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Torty-tree and a turd.

Old age is like some clinical Chinese torture... or is it just me? My hair's started to look like straw and flour - the Universe seems to be in some sort of focus conspiracy... either that or my eyes are going... and when I'm shopping I tend to go for shoes that look comfortable... and I'm starting to wish that I could pull off wearing a smoking jacket...

I'll be voting for that nice Mr Duncan Smith, next...

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 14, 2002 04:32      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
36 and a half or so for me. Born 5-5-66.

-Bill

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 04:34      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
30. 31 in December. I started feeling old when I was older than most of the magazine centerfolds. It's almost to the point where I think of our (for example) Olympic athletes as "those kids".
Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 04:40      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I turned 40 years old on Saturday.

I spent half the day in the gym, and the other half with dancing girls of all ages. Mmmm.

--------------------
"love without fear"

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 05:05      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by QuiGonValjean:
14, turning 15 October 31. Please do not offer mocking comments, sympathy, or anything else about that date. The fact that everybody thinks I look like Harry Potter only makes things worse . . . sigh. But I think I'm sorta ok with it now.

However, on the bright side, Oct 31 is also All-Saints day (or something like that) when Martin Luther, one of my heros, pinned his 93 theses to a door of a Catholic cathedral over in England and started the Reformation. So I think I celebrate that instead.

And on another bright side, it's only a year and 18 days until I get my drivers permit! It gives me something to look forward to.

My boss' boss' boss over the summer (el supremo bosso) looked exactly like a harry potter, and his glasses were nearly perfect too! and he was grosly incompetent and would never pay me.

Ahh..... those 90 and some odd theses, can't forget the Catholic Reformation too (inquisition)!

Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 06:05      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
48 and that is not in dog years.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 06:24      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
46. Feel like an adult? Is that supposed to happen?
Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 06:42      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ask me again in a week [Smile]

sky

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 07:23      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
48 and that is not in dog years.

Colonel Panic

Aww...you're still a puppy. [Wink]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 07:28      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i started to feel like a responsable adult a few years ago, but luckily it wore of pretty quick.

i'm old enough to have been, seen it, done it. not too old to realise that there's still loads of stuff to find.

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 07:32      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
i started to feel like a responsable adult ...

Where exactly are we going to find one at this time of night? Honestly!

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 07:36      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Were you loved as a child?? [Wink]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

MariRumpus
Newbie Larva
Member # 1216

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted October 14, 2002 07:39      Profile for MariRumpus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"In your forties, your oddities officially become eccentricities. It's the dividing line. People in their thirties don't have the stature to sustain respect for their stranger behavior."

I'm 41. I woke up one day and said "Holy Cow! (or rather, unprintable words to that effect) What happened to my LIFE?! I got OLD!"

I can pass for thirty if I want to, though I'm proud of all the grey hair, having earned every single one.

The great part about being old and eccentric is that you have more social power. I can, for instance, wear my handmade Elizabethan blackwork fencing shirt to work with my suitcoat vest and a suitably demure skirt, and garner nothing but compliments. If I did that twenty years ago, people would have simply assumed I'd forgotten the SCA event was over and made snide comments all day.

On the other hand, if you've ever seen Robin and Marian, getting old has its drawbacks when it comes to running around in the woods all day and then sleeping on the ground.

--------------------
MariRumpus
Defender of Repressed Artists Everywhere

Posts: 8 | From: way, way far upstate NY | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 08:19      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

i've never been loved

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Orbhead
Geek
Member # 608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 08:24      Profile for Orbhead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I turn 26 in two weeks.
Posts: 162 | From: Kitchener, ON, Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 08:52      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

i've never been loved
I was asking the spungster, but anyway, I'm sure you're wrong about that. [Wink]

--------------------

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 08:55      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was born in June the year of Easy Rider, Woodstock and the first Apollo Moon landing. If you do the math you can figure it out for yourself.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 09:14      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

i've never been loved
I was asking the spungster, but anyway, I'm sure you're wrong about that. [Wink]
sure, i've been tolerated, but loved?
where does all that hippy shit come from?

--------------------

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 09:21      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was being fascitious. People with severe emotional problems, not mentioning any names, were usually ignored or unloved as children. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Xanoxt R'rilander
Alpha Geek
Member # 890

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 14, 2002 10:57      Profile for Xanoxt R'rilander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WooHoo! How old are you thread is back, and with vengeance. [Smile] It seems that old treads never die, they just return after old ones get into archives.

Anyways, I can own up to be 20 already. Which means that I grew up since the last time I was around (that was not to be expected, wasn't it? [Wink] )

As for the got old thing, here's the old saying that has been cruising the net for the past... past... Well, it is quite old. [Wink]

It says: Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Hmm... Another thing. Usually my age, as in mental age, is a number which is both negative and complex and irrational... and most of all... random. [Razz]

--------------------
quote:
"Who like KOF official license comic in high quality vegetarian is absolutely will not be miss!"
Ah, joys of Engrish...

Posts: 319 | From: Moscow, Russia, Earth | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 16:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
[snip]
Anyway, I'm 20, gonna' be 21 in January. The only question I have is: when do I start feeling like an "adult?"

The same on the age, and not entirely certain about the question.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2002 17:00      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 520,344,526,937 milliseconds as of time of calculation...ok ok, I'm 16 plus about 6 months.

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2002 07:19      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

i've never been loved
sure, i've been tolerated, but loved?
where does all that hippy shit come from?

That's why I never had kids. Far too many ways to screw them up. I prefer animals-all you need to do is love them. And I don't mean that like spungo does when he says he loves animals. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture