homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Wheels of Zeus!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wheels of Zeus!!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 23, 2002 10:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go Woz Go!!!!

From the New York Times... (login required maybe)
January 23, 2002

Satellite Start-Up for Apple Co-Founder

LOS GATOS, Calif. Jan. 22 — Emerging from an early retirement he began more than a decade ago, Stephen Wozniak, one of Silicon Valley's legendary computer designers, has caught start-up fever and is forming a company to develop consumer products based on wireless and global positioning satellite technologies.....

Posts: 8169 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2002 13:40      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yippy, this sounds like it could be something impressive. Now what fun rumors can we come up with steve jobs's relationship to this whole new company.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
RichWhicker
Discontinued

Icon 12 posted January 23, 2002 20:57            Edit/Delete Post 
It's great to see a familiar name in the news again! The single most important person to the computer industry (and to the Silicon Valley), since Dave Hewlett. I thought Woz would never come out of semi- retirement and teaching, but it's great to see the name, read the news, and feel the excitement. Hope WoZ brings back the Apple ][ fun we all had.

Rich Whicker
Cupertino, CA

IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 24, 2002 06:32      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snaggy, you mean to say that neither you nor Nitrozac are involved in this?

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2002 20:54      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read about Woz's new venture in Yahoo! news. It said more info about the company was at woz.org, but what I find most prominent there is an image of Woz buried in fan mail-- that sweet guy's just way too nice! The archive's so big, you have to Google through it.

Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
theJacob
Geek
Member # 980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2002 18:36      Profile for theJacob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that just the other week I was asking "What ever happened to Woz? You never see him around anymore?"

------------------
Intellegnce+Laziness=Efficency

Posts: 141 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2002 05:28      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You never see him around? He is always around, in the mac news and stuff. Maybe you just have not been looking to hard.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 30, 2002 20:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heh, Nitrozac and I have seen him around.
Posts: 8169 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2002 05:48      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that is kinda what i was implying.
Nayt

------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture