homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What I Like in a Geek... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What I Like in a Geek...
justelise
Geek Larva
Member # 2338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2003 19:55      Profile for justelise   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by magebard:
justelise, I noticed you didn't religion or politics or age, yet those are usually major discriminating factors. Location can be an issue as well, unless you're looking for a long-distance relationship.

Religion - doesn't really matter to me. I'm accepting of anyone who has common sense and the ability to see things from a different point of view. I, personally, was raised Lutheran (Lutheran school/church) against my will and have been doing everything in my power to beat it out of myself since I became old enough to make my own decisions. Organized religion is not for me, personally, but I'm always open to discussion with other people.

Politics - as I hinted in my original post, I lean toward innovative and liberal thinkers. I don't feel comfortable enough to share my own personal politics in this forum, but I can tell you that I have never much gotten along with Republicans or people from more conservative schools of thought unless they were open to my point of view. It's hard to be culturally and politically conservative and try to see things through liberal eyes.

Age - hmm age doesn't really bother me that much. How about this.. old enough to drink but not on pension or social security? [Smile] I'm not too picky, though I do think that it's hard to have a healthy relationship with someone who could be your parent or your child. It's natural for me to gravitate to people in their 20's and 30's.. but guys tend to be immature, so.. it would have to be evaluated on a case to case basis.

Distance - Distance isn't a horrible issue if both parties are very good communicators and willing to travel and make sacrifices to spend quality time with each other. It's hard work but sometimes it's really worth it. I am convinced that no one seeks out a LD relationship.. it generally just kinda lands in your lap. I'd have to say for the time being I would limit myself to a couple of hours worth of driving (under 12) or a cheap plane flight (east coast). I'd also rather to stay out of relationships that would send me through customs repeatedly. [Smile]

--------------------
Tis folly to be wise where ignorance is bliss.

Posts: 23 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thanatos
Mini Geek
Member # 1834

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2003 10:14      Profile for Thanatos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually starting to like Windows XP, and I don't do Mac at all.... [Frown]
Posts: 87 | From: I don't dare say | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
justelise
Geek Larva
Member # 2338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2003 11:58      Profile for justelise   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanatos:
I'm actually starting to like Windows XP, and I don't do Mac at all.... [Frown]

That's a shame. You don't know what you're missing.

--------------------

justelise
Geek Larva
Member # 2338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2003 12:56      Profile for justelise   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really glad I posted here. Everyone's been so nice and I've found someone very special to talk to. Thanks for the extremely warm welcome.

Oh and this is a lame attempt to not let my thread die. [Smile]

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2003 13:01      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meh, let things go as they may be destined to go. Instead, make your mark in other threads...i.e. post early, post often [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2003 03:34      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
/me crawls out of hole

/me blinks

Ahem..

LOK TAR OGAR!!! RAAAAAAAAAAA..!!!!!

Welcome to the forums and hope you have a nice time. [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Geekier Than Thou. I think academically so therefore I'm a geek?

Ah the wonders of the crowd.

Posts: 485 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 10, 2003 14:47      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Big it up for da geeks!

Woo! Woo! Woo!

/me mumbles into silence and blushes selfconsciously.

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 12 posted September 15, 2003 09:38      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by justelise:
I like my geeks on the tall and chubby side. Hair is optional. Glasses are sexier than contacts. They should also be good communicators and effective speakers (there are too many geeks that lack verbal skills). Liberal thinkers open to new things, people, places, and experiences are welcome to apply. A penchant for Macs and Linux is a big bonus, but not entirely necessary.

Oh man, I already got one, you see?

WinterSolstice is perfect. And, damn, is he hot in his glasses, though he hates them so terribly because he has an astigmatism in each eye, though his vision is excellent outside of it. He has his sunnies, too, which are really nice.

He doesn't think he's great, but he is.

I wish you the best in finding one like that. They exist, though they generally don't come pre-loaded with the Mr. Right OS.

I always tell people the one thing you give to a potential life mate is to give them unconditional love. If you're actually giving them truly unconditional love, they will change themselves to be the person you need them to be because you are the person they need you to be.

Every person, even the most cynical of our numbers, may still remain cynical to the world at large, but will become the best person they can be under such supportive, loving, caring attentions.

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2003 10:39      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
Every person, even the most cynical of our numbers, may still remain cynical to the world at large, but will become the best person they can be under such supportive, loving, caring attentions.

Jess

Nicely said [Smile] . There's no doubt that I'm cynical, but *someone* can stop me from being cynical when she's present [Big Grin] . The best part - she understands my cynicism [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture