homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Help this geek with his superdrive iTunes burning!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help this geek with his superdrive iTunes burning!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted October 19, 2003 16:13      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got this email, but I'm too busy to answer, so thought i'd put it out to the world.... [Smile]

"I got a G4 400Mhz with a superdrive and I can Burn data CDs but My iTunes does not want to burn CDs How can I fix that. iTunes says it does not like reconizes the drive. Can you help me?

I'm the guy who looks just liek the Geek. I am not use to working with OS X and I just need a bit of help. Please tell me how to fix this problem. Thank you for your time."

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2003 16:36      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update itunes
Use Toast
Use Charismac's Discribe
Any of the above should help

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2003 17:23      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ilieek yuor selllping > Cofniguatrioun fo ryou dicer deneds on youry kyberoud sdu..

P.S. Learn how to use a keyboard before asking for help on how to use a CD burner!

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2003 19:58      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
P.S. Learn how to use a keyboard before asking for help on how to use a CD burner!

[Big Grin] HAHAHA [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2003 03:16      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh thanks, I need more people calling me dumb. Forget the remarks.

Could it have something to do with the fact that the OS X does not have a Utility for burning but my OS 9.2 does? I do not look forward to downlaoding a Itune program becouse I have to use a PowerBase 240 to get online right now becouse my G4 does not have a modem. I will have to use a Firewire drive to get it to my G4.

Posts: 89 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2003 05:24      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, sorry.
I posted that whilst drunk and in a bad mood.

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 20, 2003 06:34      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, and I was just about to bust you! Notice after your "If you can't say something nice..." comment to me in Edinburgh, I've been a good girl!

(It really sucks when someone much younger than you makes you feel like a horrible person, and they're right [Frown] )

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 20, 2003 06:42      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crikey, you remember things a long time, don't you. I never thought my comments were worth remembering.

I can tell that I'll need to watch what I say from now on so that I don't contradict myself.

Oh, and you're not a horrible person at all. [Cool]

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2003 07:17      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Crikey, you remember things a long time, don't you.

Ok, my dear young friend, it's time for you to learn a lesson here-we remember EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! [Razz]

Seriously, though, I remember because it humbled me. I remember you being the only one not dissing on anyone, and what you said was right-it's not the nice thing to do, and I always thought of myself as a nice person. So, I stop myself now whenever I feel the urge. [Smile]

Oh, and you're not a horrible person at all. [Cool] [/QUOTE]

aww..thanks. [blush]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2003 08:15      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
Damn, and I was just about to bust you! Notice after your "If you can't say something nice..." comment to me in Edinburgh, I've been a good girl!

(It really sucks when someone much younger than you makes you feel like a horrible person, and they're right [Frown] )

Reminds me of a quote: "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2003 13:04      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It did not work. I still can't Burn Audio CDs with iTunes. I am sure I will not beable to burn MP3 CDs. I am running OSX 10.1

Thank you for your help

WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 21, 2003 08:12      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nick, what kind of Mac is it? What version of iTunes? What version of OS X? Is it fully updated?

(etc.)

I burn every day to CD-RW (for my at-work playlist), so I might be able to help.

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2003 21:07      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a used G4 400Mhz 10GB HD 64MB ram I thank. OSX 10.1 something I down loaded the lastest Itunes for it. and I am waiting for a modem for it to come in so I can get online and update it. It only has an Eithernet now. I only have diel up. and the closest we have here to a Mac store is a CompUSA. They nerly Killed our Mac CLone PowerBase240. so I not trusty them.
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 22, 2003 12:30      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok,

I would first suggest upgrading to 10.2.8. There are a lot of CD improvements between 10.1 and 10.2.8 IIRC. Also, check for the superdrive specific patches. You might need them.

After you do that, see if it is still unrecognized.

-WS

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2003 14:30      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how can I upgrade to 10.2? can I download that or do I need to buy it? I did hear that OSX 10.1 has some major Glitches. I plan on buying OSX but I first need to earn the money.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2003 15:03      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
how can I upgrade to 10.2? can I download that or do I need to buy it?

You need to buy it, but 10.3 is about to be released, so don't rush out today. There are usually student and teacher discounts, so if you're not a student yourself, find a high-school kid and pay them $10 to get it for you.

/me just had visions of walking up to a random teenager and saying "hey kid, wanna make a quick $10?" - this could get you arrested.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2003 16:18      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whee! My copy of panther shipped today!
somnabulist
Geek
Member # 2403

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2003 16:28      Profile for somnabulist   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whee! My copy of panther shipped today!

yeah, some dude in the UK got it too. he had the pics on the net, but apple asked him to take them down.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/10/20031021210847.shtml

Posts: 109 | From: in the chair | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2003 14:20      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, don't forget the ole education discount. 50%. Forgot to do this last time and paid full price for Jaguar.

Now, I'm peeking at the FedEx tracking page every few hours. Weee! It's like Christmas in October.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2003 21:57      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats what I am doing with my internal modem it should be here tomarrow.

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture