homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Trekkie Mobile Phone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trekkie Mobile Phone?
Drazgal
Geek
Member # 984

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 05:37      Profile for Drazgal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking is their any mobile phone manufacturer that makes a phone model after the star trek communicator? I finially wouldn't hate myself for owning a mobile if I could get hold of one (I checked on google and other search engines, only found ring tones).
Posts: 154 | From: Dundee, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 06:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty sure there are, but I dont have details.

You can also get a Maxwell Smart 'shoe phone' for the truly deranged. [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 16:10      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that would be cool but I have no idea- I will keep my eye out for you though

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
MrMachineCode
Alpha Geek
Member # 609

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 21:17      Profile for MrMachineCode     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mother found me a "Starfleet Technical Manual" for the classic Star Trek. It gives a schematic for building a Star Trek communicator, and no schematic but a parts placement diagram for the old tricorders (like the one Spock carries on a shoulder strap). Although I know electronics, I'm not real familiar with radio circuits (I'm a digital guy) so I can tell you the communicator schematic looks like it *might* work, but I'm not sure. If it did, it would be basically like one of those CB walkie talkies you can buy at radio shack (no subspace modulator in *that* circuit...)

Anyhow, the book also gives a pattern you can enlarge to get the shapes to cut the sections of cloth make a Star Fleet uniform as worn on the classic TV show. My mother does costumes as a hobby, so I am having her make me a science officer's uniform based off that pattern. If I could get a cell phone communicator to go with that, hell, that would be the schiznit. And, yes, I really would walk around in public, in a Star Fleet uniform, talking on my "communicator"... [Razz]

Posts: 314 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture