homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Questions for the Fox, "the Oracle is in" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Questions for the Fox, "the Oracle is in"
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 19:01      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
........And the Lord said, "let there be an all knowing, all seeing, all obnoxious oracle.", so the Lord created Zorro The Fox, and there was much suffering, and it was good..........well at least it was good for Zorro.

Given the glut of pooly thought out questions in the last Q&A I started, I decided to lay down a few ground rules to help improve the quality of this thread.
Rule #1 : All rules are subject to change without notice.
Rule #2 : The answer to any question that does not fall within the rules will forever be 42.
Rule #3 : No repeat questions.
Rule #4 : No questions that you already know the answer to.
Rule #5 : No math, programming, or current technology questions.
Rule #6 : No questions on how to fix something that you actually need to have repaired.
Rule #7 : Only one question per post (No exceptions).
Rule #8 : Do not post another question until your previous question has been answered.
Rule #9 : Do not post questions if you are easily offended.
Rule #10 :Do not take My answers too seriously (this is supposed to be fun, but I will be informative and honest too).
Rule #11 :Always refer to this post for the most updated rules.
Rule #12 :If your question is too sensitive for this thread, send Me an email and I'll answer it via email.
Rule #13 :Have fun for crying out loud!
Rule #14 :If I fail to give an answer to your question within 7 days, repost question and you may add three more questions to that post.

Well there you have it, the initial rules. Now bring forth your question My children and I'll bestow upon you the knowlege you seek........Z

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 5 posted June 18, 2003 19:12      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they still say: Suck, Wheeze, Bang, Blow?
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 00:06      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a question, Z:

Do you think braces are cute, or sexy even?

[devil wand]

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 19, 2003 07:09      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If having an argument with a really good friend, is it better to back down even if you know you're right, or to stand your ground and risk losing their friendship permanently?

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted June 19, 2003 07:15      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you prefer the Cat 5 o' 9 tails or the classic variety?

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 07:51      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever had an airport security guard pull something out of your luggage which embarrassed them? (I'll assume that you were unphased).
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 07:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:

-WS

Ooh, cool!
If I had that hanging over my desk, or hanging off my belt, I bet I'd get fewer stupid questions [Wink] . Granted, it's not quite my style...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 08:41      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of communist Library charges ten cents per day per book for a late fee? I don't have 18 dollars, damn it! A plauge on them!

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 10:43      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would your dream house look like?
Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 11:56      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do my armpits sweat when I play Halo, but don't when I perform any other non-athletic activity?

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 19, 2003 16:06      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do so many people on the forums insist upon writing my name as 'OZ' when in my handle and when written by me, THE Oz, it is written 'Oz' ?

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted June 19, 2003 17:39      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Do they still say: Suck, Wheeze, Bang, Blow?

yes. Suck is the most common and still has its freshness as though it had been stored in a vacuum. Blow is a close second though it seems to be a little long winded lately. Bang has lost some of its intensity over the years though it can still be a blast. Wheeze is almost completely out of breath...........Z

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 17:44      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:
Here's a question, Z:

Do you think braces are cute, or sexy even?

[devil wand]

being a total pervert I do think braces really help that naughty catholic school girl fantasy. I'd never turn someone away for braces, I'd be impressed that they cared that much about dental care. Just watch out, skin can get caught in them things when one is giving a.......french kiss, yeah a french kiss [Razz] .............Z
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted June 19, 2003 17:51      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
If having an argument with a really good friend, is it better to back down even if you know you're right, or to stand your ground and risk losing their friendship permanently?

depends on the friend. if it were Me then you'd want to argue, I love arguing and will even defend a point I know is wrong just to keep the argument going. I think I get that from both sides of My family, you should see our family reunions and dinner table discussions. If it is a sensitive friend, suck up your pride and let them win. You don't need to win and it really is unimportant in the long run. You know you're right, why on earth do you feel the need to prove it? People put way too much importance on trying to show the world how right they are. If given a choice, I'd rather have friends and be wrong all the time than be lonely and right. I've never felt the need to prove anything, I just say sorry and go on with My life. It's not like fame, fortune, lives, and the safety of the universe are at stake on the argument. Is winning really important? When you can answer that question then you will know what to do. You know your friend better than I do [Cool] ......Z
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 17:55      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:

-WS

Depends on the recipient of the pain. I find the techie version has more byte to it, but the classic is more widely accepted. I guess the classic is My preference since it does look more intimidating...............Z
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 17:59      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
Have you ever had an airport security guard pull something out of your luggage which embarrassed them? (I'll assume that you were unphased).

Actually I covered this subject in a previous thread. When I was coming home from California after the halloween fetish party I was searched at the airport. The security girl got about three floggers into My bag before she asked what they were. I explained as she went a few toys further but quickly became beet red and started putting everything back into place. She never did get to the more erotic insertion stuff [Big Grin] . I enjoyed every minute..............Z
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted June 19, 2003 18:04      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Coffee_geek:
What kind of communist Library charges ten cents per day per book for a late fee? I don't have 18 dollars, damn it! A plauge on them!

actually that particular one is the five and dime variety. eventually you will owe so much money they will own your soul. once you reach that point you become property of the library and condemned to spend the rest of your life as a librarian. you didn't honestly think they wanted to work there did ya? You'll be organizing the shelves in no time. Good luck commrade.............Z
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted June 19, 2003 18:06      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
What would your dream house look like?

It would be a combination of every eerie castle you've ever seen. I have always wanted an old castle ever since I was very young. As you might imagine, the torture facilities would take up most of the living space [evil] ..........Z
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 18:10      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Slurpy:
Why do my armpits sweat when I play Halo, but don't when I perform any other non-athletic activity?

They're being psyched out into thinking you are actually doing something intense. The brain waves are sending signals to your pits to turn on the water works thus causing you to sweat. If you were playing something more timid like the sims, they wouldn't sweat at all, unless of course you are trying to talk to a sim of the opposite sex that is...............Z
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted June 19, 2003 18:17      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oz, the Wizard of:
Why do so many people on the forums insist upon writing my name as 'OZ' when in my handle and when written by me, THE Oz, it is written 'Oz' ?

-Oz

they are too lazy to take their hand off the shift button. it was so much effort for them to reach for the shift button that they feel the need to leave it on there for one more letter. BUt you really have to aks yourself one thing, is it really important? Will it matter if they get it right or wrong. I have never been too picky what I am called as long as I recognize that it is Me. Life's too short to worry about spelling errors. if it makes you feel better I'll try to make up for their insolence. Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Oz Feel any better [ohwell] ................Z

--------------------

Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2003 19:19      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
If you were playing something more timid like the sims, they wouldn't sweat at all, unless of course you are trying to talk to a sim of the opposite sex that is...............Z

Actually, for the four days I played it, I had a lot more fun making them gay, then making one catch on fire while the other screamed [evil] .
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2003 00:16      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oz, the Wizard of:

-Oz

Well, Ozmodan is my handle in online games, so I know your pain... It's always OZ or oz.. I don't particularly care though, heh [Razz]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted June 20, 2003 14:58      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Slurpy:
quote:
If you were playing something more timid like the sims, they wouldn't sweat at all, unless of course you are trying to talk to a sim of the opposite sex that is...............Z

Actually, for the four days I played it, I had a lot more fun making them gay, then making one catch on fire while the other screamed [evil] .
so then I guess your gay sims would be flaming [Wink] .............Z

--------------------

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2003 15:01      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be absent from the time this posts 'till about late sunday or monday afternoon. There won't be any answers before then. Sorry for the inconvenience.........Z
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2003 03:10      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
so then I guess your gay sims would be flaming [Wink] .............Z

It hurts, oh god, it hurts!

Okay, new question.

What is it that makes me so unattractive to women? Is it my horribly insensitive comments, my horrendously bad looks, the fact that I work in theater (even if it is the manliest part, production, they still assume I'm gay), or something else that I am completely blind to?

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture