homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Getting my Funk On and Whatnot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting my Funk On and Whatnot
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2003 21:13      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatnot (noun): A table or shelf for holding knicknacks. Just wanted to clear that up.

Ah, the town of Wausau threw a dance today. It was a relatively mediochre experience, but I made due! While I was a barfly (with Mt. Dew) for the majority of the time (with a brief forray into glowsticking (pics forthcoming (maybe))), I did headbang rather well for the last 45 minutes, with the inevitable result that now the muscles that keep my head from falling forward are almost useless *slumps forwards, re-balances head with hand*.

Anyway, I /did/ achieve complete exhaustion (which is usually my goal at such events) and had a grand time. Gaining some small skill with glowsticks (although I will always prefer my own unique style of headbanging (there is a rather large war of ideals going on over the issue)), and it's always good to learn new skills, ja? Also realized that I'll be 18 this October... my plan to get an immaginary tattoo will soon see light! (Immaginary tattoo: a lowercase letter 'i', on the back of my left shoulder)

Anyhoo, et cetera, a grand time, the end, to bed, to sleep, perchance to dream...

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2003 21:36      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah! Here's to getting your groove on!

*me hits the Cosmic Bong*

Oh, yes, and I need to make a point to remember the true definition of a whatnot. Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2003 21:51      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MMKK, you are either well-timed or very dedicated to the forums. Here's to you! *cheers*

Took a shower... a very, very hot shower. While I'm mostly numb as of right now, I can tell I'll be very, very sore tomorrow. ohh, god, I'm dreading it. My back and neck... I need those! For bending over, and positioning my head!

Oh, something I forgot to say earlier, but is still rather significant. I've resolved to enter no relationships till my issues with my last one are resolved. The practical implication of this is that I had to temporaraly end the events of my 'onward and upward' post. Wouldn't be right, et cetera, 'm rather afraid that I'll end up using people if 'm not careful. And that would make me feel horrible. So I had to cause some small breaks for the greater good, et cetera. I feel good to have gotten it over with, as I was rather beating myself up for entering a relationship knowing full well that no good could come of it. Anyhoo, et cetera, and whatnot, I'm a rather perky Coffee.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee (and his precariously balanced head)

--------------------

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2003 22:08            Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I was wondering about the possibility of the new relationship being a rebound one, but decided to keep quiet.
IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2003 22:11      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yar, while the evil part of me was all for a rebound relationship, my good side won out in the end. 'twould be too mean.

--------------------

iCoach
Geek
Member # 2141

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 30, 2003 07:51      Profile for iCoach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, just how many people in these formus are from WI?

And if you aren't from WI you must (by default) be from the UK right?

--------------------
Never upset a goalie - getting punched with a blocker is not a pleasant experience - facemask or not.

Posts: 164 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted June 30, 2003 08:19      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, the default's Canada, eh.
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2003 09:10      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a few Alaskans, too.

--------------------

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2003 12:43      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Coffee_geek:
Yar, while the evil part of me was all for a rebound relationship, my good side won out in the end. 'twould be too mean.

YAY! Good Coffee is back! (As opposed to that Starbucks crap!) [Wink]

I was wondering how long it would take for your overly-caring side to come back out, I've sincerely missed it! Ladies: isn't it nice to know that there are still nice guys like Coffee around?

Interestingly enough, I think that I may be ready to pernanatly leave the dating world... but that's for another thread.

Welcome back, Coffee_geek! [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TonyRad
Assimilated
Member # 1448

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2003 12:49      Profile for TonyRad         Edit/Delete Post 
uhh.. im not from anywhere.. I currently reside in Indiana.. but I'm not from there/here and dont wanna reside in this desolate land of corn and mint...

Tony Rad

PS, sounds like you had fun eh? good stuff, i wish i had fun...

Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2003 14:26      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MMKK, you are really too flattering. *chuckle* I suppose it is good to be back, though. Evil and depression can only last for so long, or so I've come to believe. Everything is going pretty good, actually. Huzzah for life, et cetera!

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

EDIT: My god, I'm sore. I can hardly move my head, and my back is killing me. Feels good.

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2003 13:22      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
/me looks down from perch on dragon's shoulder

Yes, it is wonderful that nice guys still exist.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2003 14:07      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Coffee_geek:
MMKK, you are really too flattering. *chuckle*

I type 'em as I see 'em. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2003 15:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
/me looks down from perch on dragon's shoulder

Yes, it is wonderful that nice guys still exist.

Awwww... [hearts] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Mayers
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2003 20:28            Edit/Delete Post 
ok... geez. can you believe this guy??? i mean, i was just about to post a similar story and he goes and uses a post subject really close to the one i was gonna use. so i guess ill just tell my story in here now.

as ive mentioned a couple other places (not that anyone's noticed), i am currently staying with family in plymouth, michigan. well, they took a trip to canada for the weekend (something they planned before they planned on having me here). therefore, i was temporarily moved to stay with some other family members in ann arbor. so, in my stay there, my cousin and i go out on saturday with this female friend of his to see The Italian Job (great movie, by the way). she calls us back on sunday and wants to do something again, and my cousin says he can't because he's going over to his girlfriends house for the evening. and, so i agree to go because i have nothing better to do than sit around and stare at the wall. (this particular cousin of mine only has dial-up AHHHH!!!!). so, i walk downtown to meet her at the designated spot. she pulls up and waves me into the car and begins driving to wherever we are going. at this point, i still don't know where she plans on taking me for the evening. the car ride isn't as awkward as i anticipated because she had brought another "couple" long (not so much a couple, but another two friends of her's that she had set up for this particular evening). anyway, we park in this parking garage and get out and go to the Touchdown Cafe... if anyone here is from ann arbor and has any idea what that is, you know where im probably going with this. but, im sure most or all of you don't know of this place, so ill continue. we get inside this place and i discover she has taken me to a hip-hop dance club! man was i bewildered. if i made a list of the things in this world that i hate, hip hop music and dancing would be right near the top. so, im in this place for 3.5 hours or so. i spent the first hour sitting by the bar drinking Red Bull... well, after an hour of that i finally had the intense energy to flail about. so, needless to say, she talked me into "dancing" i say "dancing" because i would not classify what most of the people there were doing as dancing. it's more like a tribal dry humping, but that's just me. so, after a couple ours of flailing about and rubbing myself against this stranger that i had met only a day before, i was ready to go to bed and swear to never do that again. so, yeah.... that was my interesting weekend. [shake head]

sorry that was so long [Razz]

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture