homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » 1-Year Anniversary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1-Year Anniversary
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 16:47      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that I have now spent over one year of my time here on the boards. It's not as monumental as a large post count, but I'll make the token thanks anyway.

Thank you to Skylar, Coffee_geek, Eldon, MMKK, Neotatsu, and uilleann for your most interesting posts.

Thank you to the rest for giving this place a great atmosphere.

And most of all, thanks to Nitrozac and Snaggy for providing an excellent place to air our thoughts and feelings!

Whee! One year!

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 17:11      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You like me! You really like me! [Big Grin]

Congrats on the one year anniversary! I am hopeful that the quality of your posts will prove to be as high as your first year's worth.

Oh yeah, I love your sig; so much so that I'll post it here so when you change it (weather that is sooner or later) people will still know what I'm talking about...

quote:
Originally posted by Oz, The Wizard Of's Signature
You know what's great? How the movement of a single hyphen can change the meaning of a statement.

Example: "Crazy-Ass Hippies!" to "Crazy Ass-Hippies!"

You get the picture.

Hrm... now I just wonder which one I am...

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 19:48      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congragulations!
I missed my aniversary! [Frown]
Oh well, congrats again, it's been great to have you here!

-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 11 posted June 26, 2003 20:37      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and many of us have spent FAR FAR longer

[Wink]

i've been here since late 1998/early 1999

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 22:21            Edit/Delete Post 
Lurking, I gather, as it sez ere that you registered in Jan 2000 [Smile]

I've been here for... dunno, I don't keep track of stuff like that [Smile]

IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 22:44      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
I've been here for... dunno, I don't keep track of stuff like that [Smile]

A little over a year, according to your profile: April 12, 2002. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 27, 2003 00:04      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy anniversary Oz. I hope to see you for another year.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2003 07:43      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been here a lot longer than it says down there at the bottom of this box, because I switched nicknames. Also, I was here before the UBB forums. I just don't write as voluminously as some others here do.

Well, congratulations on surviving a whole year with us crazies! [crazy]

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 27, 2003 09:38      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OT: greycat, what was your previous nickname?

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2003 11:39      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it was greyrat, no?

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2003 10:02      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Oz! Anniversary! Stuff! YAAAY!

I wonder how long I've been here... not counting the lurking stage, of course. I suppose I'll find out once I post this.

Excellent Sig indeed, Oz. Where /did/ you get that? Mine comes from a creepy guy downtown. I was sitting at the crossroads. Someone had gone crazy with sidewalk chalk, and the ground was covered with chalk flowers. A man in a red plaid jacket walked past, and as he did, he gave me this marvelous quote.

Huzzah! Long Live the Earl! *dons a festive party hat and falls face-first into a cake*

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted June 28, 2003 14:47      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats indeed, Oz! (that's 'indeed' in italics for extra emphasis, no less)... hope you continue to geek away the years here [Big Grin]

Oh, and as for the most interesting posts... [blush] ... you're most very welcome.

sky

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Greg Wooledge
Alpha Geek
Member # 165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2003 08:26      Profile for Greg Wooledge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, greyrat was someone else entirely. (Right, Snaggy? [Wink] ) This is my original "nickname".
Posts: 256 | From: Lorain, OH, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 01, 2003 13:33      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my sig from my inane ramblings while vacuuming the Discovery. I think I'll post a fresh rambling on the forums sometime...

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
iCoach
Geek
Member # 2141

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 01, 2003 14:17      Profile for iCoach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Happy anniversary Oz. I hope to see you for another year.

Yes indeed, congratualtions, I hope to see you in another year as well...

[Wink]

Posts: 164 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture