homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Hey, babe, what's your type?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey, babe, what's your type?
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 12 posted June 16, 2003 08:41      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WinterSolstice was on The Jargon File and we read:

<i>n terms of Myers-Briggs and equivalent psychometric systems, hackerdom appears to concentrate the relatively rare INTJ and INTP types; that is, introverted, intuitive, and thinker types (as opposed to the extroverted-sensate personalities that predominate in the mainstream culture). ENT[JP] types are also concentrated among hackers but are in a minority. --Jargon File: Random Hacker, Personality Characteristics, para. 7

Now, if you've ever seen the Myers-Briggs test, you'll know it's one of the best corporate scams in the nation. Everyone seems to have one that's "accurate", just pay your $39.95 (and up), and you, too, can get a really long test and learn your personality code! Personally, I'd use it to tailor my scoring for the superstitious suits who were hiring -- but that's just me.

Here's a quick test, and so far it was accurate for WinterSolstice (he's still an INTJ, as I recall -- otherwise still an INTP) and we both agreed it was pretty accurate to me, especially with the Kiersey Personality follow-up.

This is quick (72 Y/N questions which are no-brainers).

HumanMetrics Myers-Briggs Quiz

My Results:

INFJ
Introverted... 67%
Intuitive....... 44%
Feeling......... 22%
Judging........ 01%

That makes me a Counselor Type by the Kiersey Type Description (link's on the results page). Winter read it and agreed, adding (in all seriousness) "Oh, yeah, that mind-reading thing is really creepy." It's not that hard to tell what people are thinking by their body language and tone of voice, it really isn't...

So, if you're bored, please take the quiz, share your results and see if you think that's about right for you or what people say you're like.

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 10:00            Edit/Delete Post 
You know... I get bad vibes off this type idea – somehow, I don't want to be boxed up as one of those preset types, and I get bad feelings from the perceived social repercussions of the idea of publicising it. Maybe I also fear a loss of individuality by the idea of being boxed up like everyone else of some type? I am who I am – a strange guy, but who I am, and not categorised.

I tend to find, anyhow, that I fall outside of too many questions in quizzes – I did take the "Which OS are you?" one (Chris gave me the link a while before it was posted here), but on too many occasions, there either was no option that fitted me, or I simply had no idea what my action/reaction would be in the given circumstances stated. I get this with all of them, so I doubt the accuracy of the results, and the results I got from the OS test were pretty flaky anyhow – didn't really match me, and I am at a loss to see how Chris' match him. I can't even recall what I got now, though. (He got OS/2 Warp).

IP: Logged
Shapeshifter
Geek
Member # 2105

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 10:21      Profile for Shapeshifter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try this one on for size: http://haleonline.com/psychtest/

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* very expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed perceiving personality

--------------------
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying.
-Woody Allen

Posts: 152 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
BellaDonna
Geek
Member # 2123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 10:31      Profile for BellaDonna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an Inspector. And now I've got the Inspector Gadget theme song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot!

--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 11:20      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to one I'm INFJ, the other INTJ. It sorta depends on the wording of the question and my mood I guess. <shrug>

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 11:37            Edit/Delete Post 
ISTJ

Some but not all of the descriptions are accurate, but I already know who I am.

IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 11:46      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm constantly a PITA
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 11:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My answers were seemingly inconsistent, as I did it kind of quickly, and I turned out "INFJ," though I think I might have gotten "INTJ" (which would be a really cool code to me, in a geeky way for reason's I shall not elaborate) did sometime ago in a class quiz on the matter.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Punk Rawk Poet
Assimilated
Member # 2174

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted June 16, 2003 12:20      Profile for Punk Rawk Poet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was never a fan of these things. Not everything is a straight yes or no answer... I've taken tests like this before, and in general I tend to confuse psychologists and other wonderful persons in the mental health industry. As if they weren't confused enough already.

--------------------
The cat came back...
~A song from my primary school days

Posts: 447 | From: Boringville , USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 15:27      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather know which colossal death robot are you? [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Punk Rawk Poet
Assimilated
Member # 2174

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted June 16, 2003 15:37      Profile for Punk Rawk Poet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOOOOOOOOOHHH... Poet likes this one better yes he does....  -

Mua ha ha ha [Big Grin]

--------------------
The cat came back...
~A song from my primary school days

Posts: 447 | From: Boringville , USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 15:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And on that note:
quote:

You are Optimus Prime!

Vast, red and ready to turn into a lorry at the slightest provocation, you are a robot to be reckoned with. Although sickeningly noble, you just can't resist a good interplanetary war, especially when Orson Welles is involved. You have friends who can shoot tapes from their chests. Tapes that turn into panthers. And other friends who are dinosaurs. Dinosaurs who jump out of planes. Will you have my children?

-

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 16, 2003 15:54      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!!

"Holy Prime Directive, you're Robocop!

Well, you're neither colossal, nor technically a robot, but your arthritic lurching and dubious morals have found their way into the hearts of futuristic rebels and children everywhere. You walk through fire, catch bullets from the air, and you never, ever smile. Combine this with an abstract, almost random concept of duty and honour, and you have a police officer one cannot fail to adore.

Thank you, Robocop."

-

I like robocop [Smile]

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 10 posted June 16, 2003 17:27      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
And on that note:
quote:

You are Optimus Prime!

Vast, red and ready to turn into a lorry at the slightest provocation, you are a robot to be reckoned with. Although sickeningly noble, you just can't resist a good interplanetary war, especially when Orson Welles is involved. You have friends who can shoot tapes from their chests. Tapes that turn into panthers. And other friends who are dinosaurs. Dinosaurs who jump out of planes. Will you have my children?

-
Me too! Me too!

I guess this was a much better quiz to beat off boredom.

[blush]

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 17:57      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are Gigantor!

Born in 1963, You are possibly the original colossal death robot, being one of the patriarchs of the current crop, and definitely an advocate of old-skool enemy-bashing. Why use a clumsy particle weapon when you can create supernovas just by flexing your arms? Your one minor weakness is that you are entirely dominated by some kid with a remote contol - still, don't let it get you down. You can sink a nuclear submarine with jazz music.

Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sinn
Mini Geek
Member # 2111

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 18:14      Profile for Sinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My results:

ISTJ

Introverted - 78%
Sensing - 22%
Thinking - 100
Judging - 1%

--------------------
Sin is a dangerous toy in the hands of the virtuous. It should be left to the congenitally sinful, who know when to play with it and when to let it alone.

Posts: 64 | From: Kerhonkson, NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
iCoach
Geek
Member # 2141

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 18:46      Profile for iCoach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In bars frequented by colossal death robots, you're always the quiet guy at the back who no-one ever bothers. And for good reason. You've fought in several nuclear wars, could beat the sun in a staring match, and have a chin larger than many articles of furniture. Morals are not a concept you understand, but strangely enough, nobody ever questions your judgement. Usually because they're dead. Even Judge Dredd wets himself when you turn up. Grrrr.

-

--------------------
Never upset a goalie - getting punched with a blocker is not a pleasant experience - facemask or not.

Posts: 164 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2003 20:14      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And another vote for...
 -

I redid the personality test, and came up with INTJ (33%, 33%, 33%, 22%).

moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

So according to the test, I'm a fairly well balanced individual. Bwahhhaaaa!
[crazy]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2003 02:07      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scowling wilfully towards Autobot City, you're Megatron!

Look in a mirror and feel the evil. Then eat the mirror. You eat mirrors for breakfast. You are a badass death robot. You busted on Optimus Prime. You. Are. Megatron. Go outside and burn some animals, because you're worth it.

Declare your pre-Galvatron-ness!!

[devil wand]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2003 13:57      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are Optimus Prime!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
codeonezero
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1299

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2003 16:43      Profile for codeonezero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently I'm a INTJ type though some questions I could have answered either way...

I seem to change depending on the situation.

I think the only way to know for sure is probably to come back to the test in a few months and retake it.

Assuming the test is valid in the first place.

Posts: 36 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted June 17, 2003 16:50      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
You are Optimus Prime!

Wow, talk about like minds [Smile] .

--------------------

Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 00:35      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an INTP type
44% Introverted
11% Intuitive
11% Thinking
33% Perceiving

Based on reading the accompanying explanations I'd say the result is fairly accurate.

Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 04:41      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... I am an INFP ... 'healer' apparently. A few months ago I was an ENFJ ... heh.

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 20:47      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i took a printout of this very test in my high school psychology class, and turned out an ENTP, the inventor type.

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture