homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Geek Unification Front *or* why GeekCulture is better than any other forum on the net (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Geek Unification Front *or* why GeekCulture is better than any other forum on the net
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted April 07, 2003 04:12      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of my forum posts have been to technical forums...however, any post to a DVORAK column is quite entertaining!!

Yeah, I love it here.

[Smile]

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2003 04:34      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, yeah - enough already. While you're hugging each other and saying how great each other are, how about sparing a thought for a certain someone who didn't get a high-five from everyone - how about remembering someone who came here with an open heart - somone you first laughed at and then killed and ate! Yeah - and don't give me that sheepish look - you know who I'm talking about!

Murderers!

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted April 07, 2003 04:42      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Yeah, yeah - enough already. While you're hugging each other and saying how great each other are, how about sparing a thought for a certain someone who didn't get a high-five from everyone - how about remembering someone who came here with an open heart - somone you first laughed at and then killed and ate! Yeah - and don't give me that sheepish look - you know who I'm talking about!

Murderers!

[Frown] I'm sorry Spungo... We are very insensitive about your loss. Please accept my heartfelt apologies, since Maisie can't accept them herself. [Frown]

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
mongoose
Geek
Member # 1991

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2003 15:34      Profile for mongoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to agree with most of the stuff on this thread... but i give the GC forums a 6 out of 5 stars. It does get involved in some sensitive issues, but here we don't have huge flame wars and SCREAMING.

--------------------
"information superhighway" is just an anagram for "i'm on a huge wispy rhino fart". - www.bsd.org

Posts: 141 | From: There's a NEW Jersey? | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr Bill
Assimilated
Member # 553

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted April 07, 2003 17:24      Profile for Mr Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh great, now you've gone and made Snaggy cry....

I was never into IRC or chatting, when I'm on ICQ I stay invisible most of the time, and I never posted on message boards. I used to read /. at lunchtime at work, and kept seeing this tiny little ad for "AY2K", but never knew what it was.
I read online comics. When I first got broadband, I spent 16 hours one saturday reading archives of whatever comics I could find. One day, while home with the flu for a week, I was reading /. and clicked on that tiny little ad, just to find out what it was.

I laughed my ass off (literally; I was sitting on a wooden kitchen chair to two days straight) reading the archives of the comic, then pouring through the forums (fora? forii? Where's an english teacher when you need one?).

Like most people here (I suspect), I signed on and began by posting the occassional comment, but mostly just keeping up with the intelligence and humour flowing through the posts. It was amazing to find a place where you could mix references to the Simpsons and assembly language in the same sentence and someone would get the joke!

I was gone for a while, but when I returned, everyone (especially people I don't know) welcomed me back, and within a couple of days it was like old times. After reading the posts above, I'm glad to see a lot of peole can appreciate the little slice o' heaven we got here on the big bad internet.

Okay Wiz, group hug it is. (Just watch where you put your hands...) [Big Grin]

Posts: 378 | From: Down the hall, second door on the right | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2003 14:14      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*joins in the group hug, but doesn't have much to say that his years of presence here doesn't already show*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
QuiGonValjean
Geek
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2003 12:47      Profile for QuiGonValjean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*joins in group hug*

Despite some issues which I haven't been happy with (and some of it was my own fault), this is really one of the best bulletin boards I've seen. I've learned soooo much from all you guys, thank you so much!

(So Oz, how much are they paying you? [Wink] )

-QGV

--------------------
"I hope that by having this open dialogue we can learn to live in harmony. Or failing in that, I'll live in harmony by myself." - Dogbert

Posts: 143 | From: the land of everlasting Dr. Pepper, Snickers, and Turkey Hill Iced Tea | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2003 12:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
QGV! I haven't heard from you in a while! Stick around will you? Some of us like you here. [Wink]

*gives another group hug*

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2003 13:30      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I *wish* I was being paid (given my current financial situation [Roll Eyes] ) but no, I say these things out of my beliefs.

We love you Snaggy & Nitro! [Happytears]

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Luftputzmaschine
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2117

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2003 17:49      Profile for Luftputzmaschine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just started this forum about 10 minutes ago... I used to post in imaddict.com's forum, but they kept getting off topic to the point where it was annoying.

--------------------
Let the computer become your world.

Posts: 12 | From: San Jose, CA (10 blocks from Apple) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 09, 2003 19:30      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll find that happens here too. [Wink]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture