homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Non Posters (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Non Posters
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 04, 2003 01:07      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can't blame those non-posters... I mean, it's like what we do when we go into topics and then don't post something (-like I had just done but realized the irony).

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2003 06:23      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe these people are very forgetful, and just can't remember their passwords.

Or maybe they realised that they didn't have anything interesting to say, when faced with the high quality of other posts.

Or maybe they had nervous reaction, like strapping on a parachute, and freezing in the doorway of the plane.

Or maybe they were about to post, but were called away just before they could by someone offering food/sex/whatever.

Or maybe there was a person with severe multiple personality disorder that registered many times.

Or maybe there was a very greedy person who wanted all the cool names for themselves, so that they would have a name with meaning, but everyone else would be called by random strings like ljkhkjg, and would all bow before the 7337 master.

Or maybe they registered years ago, and have died.

Or maybe they were confused and thought they would get some other perks.

Or maybe they have been registered by the employees of the system, and the first post by one of these "sleeper" accounts will be the secret signal for the Canadian invasion of America. (This allows for the communication of up to 600 messages) If a long dormant account starts up now, then this will be the secret signal for "someone has discovered our nefarious plan!"

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
LostInColorado

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 862

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 04, 2003 08:43      Profile for LostInColorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, one just gets busier IRL and have a bit less time to pay attention and post. I am trying to get a bit more involved with the whole thing though.

--------------------
At first, follow the rules of the game.
If you don't succeed, break the rules.
If you still don't succeed, change them.
If you still don't succeed, just change the game.
And if it still doesn't work...

Posts: 117 | From: Thornton, CO, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted January 04, 2003 15:32      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recognized the error of my ways. Let me offer my sincere apologies to those who had great intentions for their registration and were unable to post for reasons not their fault. [Frown]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 04, 2003 15:36      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The road to Hell is paved with good intensions. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted January 05, 2003 05:12      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
 -

I'm so sorry to get off-topic here, but I've most likely been having troubles with ghosts and was just wondering...

... is that smiley actually making a noise when he laughs?? I can hear him... it's not loud, very faint actually...

(O.O)

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2003 09:32      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
The road to Hell is paved with good intensions. [Big Grin]

Tell me about it!

I'd just like to say - it's tough on virgin lurkers - I was a lurker for a while - I was very intimidated by some of the adult content and the odd tasteless joke... this place can look very scary to newbies... (at least, I hope so!) [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moe Monkey
Geek
Member # 1900

Icon 7 posted January 05, 2003 12:08      Profile for Moe Monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...I was a non-registered, non-posting lurker, but I decided I had to comiserate with the guy that lost his grandmother on Christmas. It struck a chord. Other than that, I don't have too much to say...

Wow, I just increased my number of posts by 100%! If only I could do that with my friends, salary, floorspace in the house, etc...

[Wink]

Posts: 145 | From: The couch in the living room | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Declan
Geek
Member # 1123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2003 12:19      Profile for Declan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they got nervous of Spungo, hence register but not post.

[Razz]

Declan

--------------------
Insert witty catchism here.

Posts: 119 | From: Barrie,ontario,canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2003 11:23      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Moe Monkey:
...I was a non-registered, non-posting lurker, but I decided I had to comiserate with the guy that lost his grandmother on Christmas. It struck a chord. Other than that, I don't have too much to say...

Wow, I just increased my number of posts by 100%! If only I could do that with my friends, salary, floorspace in the house, etc...

[Wink]

Oh yeah......you stole someones Av also
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hikaru
Alpha Geek
Member # 1142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2003 22:23      Profile for Hikaru   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
personally I only post when I have something good to say, I cannot stand when people just post constantly to drive their count up so that they can become a Moderator when elections are open or so they can claim to be better than the others.

--------------------
Sister Woman, she speaks for the collective, that and scolds me for my poor typing, dont let her smile fool you.

Posts: 317 | From: AppleDale, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2003 23:22      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooohHHHHOOooooHHHHhhhh! Lookit all the new smilies! [Razz] Anyway, I've not been posting because I'm back at school, busy with term papers that I'll never see again, teachers that don't care who I am, grades that mean nothing in the "real world" and a websight that won't get enough traffic to attract attention. I'll post that later. [Razz]
Well, some people just decide to leave, like the one who didn't like the AY2K comics, and some of them feel they have to leave. It's just the way of life. I like posting here because I feel you all have very valuable opinions and are very intelligent in your own ways. Plus there are some hotties...but I'm not getting into that. [Big Grin]

---Endorsing a product on T.V., C.P.

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted January 09, 2003 01:18      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Oh yeah......you stole someones Av also

That would be Minsc.

quote:
Originally posted by Hikaru:I cannot stand when people just post constantly to drive their count up so that they can become a Moderator when elections are open or so they can claim to be better than the others.
How's that? [Frown]

So that's how Snaggy and Nitrozac choose, eh?

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted January 09, 2003 04:56      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hikaru:
personally I only post when I have something good to say, I cannot stand when people just post constantly to drive their count up so that they can become a Moderator when elections are open or so they can claim to be better than the others.

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2003 13:24      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't think you need to worry for a while, Z. Snaggy is 30 posts behind you, so he might catch up. But the next closest is...

*drumroll*

Snupy! at 1870 posts. 310 posts away.

You've got time.

Oh, my Lord. I need to get a life. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
anime-fanboy
Mini Geek
Member # 1929

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 11, 2003 14:58      Profile for anime-fanboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they are like me and they've been locked in a closet for years with nothing but a pc , some cheetos , and a couple cases of Mt. Dew .

--------------------
I AM HATED ! - Slipknot

Posts: 61 | From: where the evil is | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 08:13      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
quote:
I don't think you need to worry for a while, Z. Snaggy is 30 posts behind you, so he might catch up. But the next closest is...

*drumroll*

Snupy! at 1870 posts. 310 posts away.

You've got time.

Oh, my Lord. I need to get a life. [Roll Eyes]
1870 posts on the 2nd of January and over 2000 today, 11 days later, why that is only an average of 12-13 posts a day. Very easy to do when you are used to posting, I mean I am up to 5 today in about an hour.

Anyway, I though this was your life? [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 08:27      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, to be honest, this place has gotten me through some rough times. Some days I wish I had never found it, and some days I'm grateful.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dajt
Mini Geek
Member # 627

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 14:52      Profile for dajt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And some of us are just quiet. Oh, and having a somewhat overwelming new job and only being able to use a computer at home on otherwise unallocated evenings after the kids are in bed doesn't help.

I mean some of my computers haven't even been turned on in MONTHS. I'm way behind in my game playing. And I gave up on my pathetic social life back in the fall. How can things get any worse?

On the other hand we got Hacker 3.0's bedroom painted this weekend. The color he picked out is "Yellow Raincoat", and yes, that's a good description of the color. What do you expect of a four year old?

Posts: 98 | From: Boston MA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2003 11:22      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, I've been here nearly two years now and I didn't hit 1000 until a cople months ago. Maybe it's because I only post when i have something (not necessarliy of quality, just something) to say. Also, my post count takes its biggest leaps when I'm trying to procrastinate. Like right now I need to haul my lazy butt to the post office and dig three weeks of mail out of my box (I just got back to school), but it's fscking cold and blowing snow outside and I'm still wet from getting groceries and I'm three hours behind the rest of the world and round 8 of Xanthine's undergraduate education begins tomorrow and I'm just hoping I don't come away as bloodied as I did last term and I can see a massive shit storm coming in and yeah, okay, I'll stop.
Yes, that was a run-on sentence. Forgive me. English was my first langauge. Therefore no one taught me the grammar.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 14, 2003 12:44      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you inspired me to post some more stuff just to see is anyone would answer. Sure enough! My life IS enriched by posting!!!

Huuuzzzzzzaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture