homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Please Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help!
Roceal
Geek
Member # 878

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted February 19, 2002 21:15      Profile for Roceal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been trying to sell some older mac hardware for ages. It's in good working condition, and the stickers can be cleaned off.

I'm really desperate. I'm moving in April to another city and hopefully moving to another continent in August/September. I don't use this stuff anymore, so it's just sitting all lonely in the storage shed. Please take pity on my old hardware.

I tried an eBay auction with no luck.

Now I am attempting a GeekBay auction as a last-ditch effort.

For anyone interested in a poster-like copy of me in go-go boots, I'm throwing that in as an incentive as well.

My last resort after this is to donate it, but at this point I could really use the extra cash if someone has the money and motivation!

Posts: 159 | From: That place, you know, with the thing | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted February 19, 2002 23:58      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll spread the word to all the Mac users I know.

The go-go poster is a nice touch and if I had a use (and the space) for a couple more old Macs I'd drive down to pick them up. The real bonus in that, of course, would be getting to meet a real live TTB
*sigh* If only I was a little younger and you were looking north instead of south for your next move.

Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 12 posted February 20, 2002 05:35      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, so being a WINDOWS (windows rulez, ya know...) kind of geek, i see a need for a 1/2way decent MAC system to beat up on and justify my general disdain of allllll MAC software and hardware (damn expensive proprietary bastiches!)

only thing is, i can't afford much

ok, so i just need one to put into my ever-growing LAN! 5 PC and an SGI isn't enough!!

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2002 05:36      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what type of hardware are you talking. I collect old macs. I also have several friends who do as well.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2002 11:35      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking about it, but I need to get this second computer up and running. So far it's avoiding all attempts to bring it to life. I think I need to visit the graveyard again.
Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 5 posted February 20, 2002 16:03      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
have you tried ebay?...........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tau Zero
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 21, 2002 08:21      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Roceal:
I tried an eBay auction with no luck

<τ smacks Zorro with the stick of reading comprehension>

quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2002 09:41      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where is it? It would be worth a lot more to someone who could pick it up rather than pay to ship it.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Roceal
Geek
Member # 878

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2002 13:33      Profile for Roceal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quantumfluff (and for those who think they might want to come pick it up in person): I'm located on Whidbey Island, in the northwest corner of Washington state. I know there were a few PNW geeks on the board, but I'm not sure if any of you would be interested.

macaddikt: a pretty full description of all the hardware I'm selling is on the auction page. I'm not going to repeat it here for brevity's sake.

Posts: 159 | From: That place, you know, with the thing | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 10 posted February 21, 2002 16:03      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tau Zero:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roceal:
[b]I tried an eBay auction with no luck

<ô smacks Zorro with the stick of reading comprehension>

[/B][/QUOTE]

thanks, I needed that. Somehow My mind forgot to register that line. maybe it is time for an upgrade ...........Z

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Orbhead
Geek
Member # 608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2002 21:18      Profile for Orbhead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might be interested in the 6500. How much you want for it? [email protected] eMail me!
Posts: 162 | From: Kitchener, ON, Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sheep slayer
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2002 03:56            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tafkact:
ok, so being a WINDOWS (windows rulez, ya know...) kind of geek, i see a need for a 1/2way decent MAC system to beat up on and justify my general disdain of allllll MAC software and hardware (damn expensive proprietary bastiches!)

BLEAT, you nasty Windoze sheep, BLEAT I say!

IP: Logged
RrrEmote
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 1143

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2002 04:15      Profile for RrrEmote     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

For anyone interested in a poster-like copy of me in go-go boots, I'm throwing that in as an incentive as well.

You certainly have a strong- looking set of thighs, I must say. Oh, to be roceal's boots.... or at the very least, her boot- licker.

BTW, did you do a search of completed auctions for similar models? You won't get your price on ebay with a reserve like 200. Start low, jazz up your listing and take your chances- that's your best bet.

Sir Aureus
Mini Geek
Member # 1152

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2002 14:58      Profile for Sir Aureus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tafkact:

don't y'all hate the way windows kinds of geeks call Macs "MACs?" ^_^

a MAC is some sort of money exchange device. I saw one in an airport somewhere (Pittsburgh I think.)

------------------
I'm egotistical and I'm
proud of it!

Posts: 57 | From: MIT | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 26, 2002 06:56      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Mac is an m68k- or PPC-based computer sold by Apple.

A MAC (address) is a theoretically unique 6-byte identifier for a network interface. It stands for Media Access Control.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted February 27, 2002 10:57      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Roceal,
did you sell it?

I think orbhead was the last bidder at 100 , just wondering if you did go with that.

Posts: 8169 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Orbhead
Geek
Member # 608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2002 12:26      Profile for Orbhead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, I didn't make the reserve. I think she found someone local to her that would buy it though. It's a bit out of my range right now with the Canadian dollar being what it is...
Posts: 162 | From: Kitchener, ON, Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture